Which one we prefer?

Which one we prefer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d_NhmyrcoQ4?t=30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Planet of the Apes trilogy is better than any of those franchises.

the ring only makes you invisible lol

I KNOW RITE

The One Ring and the Force all have some form of rules in their settings while magic in Harry Potter is 'lol whatever'.

The SOY

This. Someone should make a movie where sentient apes invade Middle Earth.

It's called Amazon's Lord of the Rings series.

/thread

Sup Forums is a Tolkien board

Force rules change all the time

Not sure if b8, but actually the ring just enhances the latent ability of a individuals / race's own traits. So hobbits turn invisible, because they are naturally good at staying hidden.

Humans become abnormally strong and lose all sense of fear.

Dwarves become master builders and creators.

Elves get massive amounts of magic and physical strength.

Wizards basically become gods.

Inb4 that LE HARRY POTTER BOOK IS BAD copypasta fucker

The Flight Plan

The Magic>>The Ring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Force

...That's a thing?

This b8 never fails to trigger me

Literally in the books man.

Tolkien >>>>>>>>> Rowling >>>>> Lucas

I'd like to know as well.

Brap brap brap Brappy Brapper brapbraps brap brapbrap, brapbraps brap brap brap brap brapbrap: Brap brap brap brap brappest brapbrap brap brap brapbrap brap brapbrap brapbraps. Brapbrap brap brapisode brapping brap brap brapbrap brap brap braps brap Brapwarts Brapademy brap brap brap brapbrapbrap brapbraps brap brap brapbrapbrapbrapable brap brap brapbraps. Brapbrap brap brap brappy brapery, brap brapbraps’ braply brapbrapency brap brap braps brap brap brapbrapment brap brapbrapbraptive brap brap brapbrap brapbraps, brap brap brap brapic brapbrapical, brap brap braption brap brapbrap.

Brapbraps brap brap brap brap brap Brapling brapped brap brap brap Brapberg brapping brap brapbraps; brap brap brap brap brapbraps brap brapper brap brapbrappen brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brapbrap brap brapbrap, brap brapbrapulously brapitable brap- brapotion brap brap braps. Brap Brappy Brapper brapbraps brap brap brapi-Braptian (brap brap), brap brap’s brapbraply brap brapi-Braps Brap brapbraps brap braps brapbrappal brap brapper, brappy brap brapbrapment. Brap brap braps brap brap brap brap. Brap, brapfully, brap brap brapper brap brap.

>b-brap brap brap braps brap brap brap
"Brap!"
Brap brapping brap brapful; brap brap brap brappible. Brap brap brapped, brap brap brap brap brap brap brapper brap brap brap brap, brap brapper brapped brapbrap brap brap brapper "brapped brap braps."

Brap brapbrap brapping brap brap brap brap brap brapelope brappy brap brap brap brap rebrapted. Brap brapped braply brapter brap brap brapped brap brapelope braperal brappen braps. Brap brap inbrapulous. Brapling's brap brap brap braperned brap braps brap brap brapaphors brap brap brap brap brapper brap brap brapping. Brapper brap brap brap brapish, brapping rebrap brap Brappy Brapper brap brap brap Brappen Brap. Brap brapped brapthing brap brap brapbrap brap, "Brap brap braps brap brapping Brappy Brapper brap 11 brap 12, brap brap brap brap brapper brap brap brap brap brap brap Brappen Brap."

lol the fuck, how is it bait? That's exactly what happens.

Yeah, LOTR is the most legit universe by far

Underrated

O I am laffin

no rings don't do that at all, just Isildur using the ring to go invisible at Gladden disproves that. They grant power according to the users will, a stronger user can use them to all kinds of ends however if the ring is destroyed or nulled then all those things come to an end. That is why the elves leave middle-earth, they can't sustain their paradise since the rings fade in power. IF a hobbit had a tremendous force of will they could achieve the same things an elf lord could with a ring, though not with the one ring since it is impossible for anyone to control properly. Even if Gandalf used it he couldn't defeat Sauron since the ring can only aid Sauron's will.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

wrong
youtu.be/d_NhmyrcoQ4?t=30s

>Godtier
>Atlas Shrugged
>Gatsby
>1984 high tier, higher than Brave New World

>all of those higher than Ulysses
you're reading orwell and fucking ayn rand and pretending to be well-read? lmao

God this meme is so fucking epic.

Transformers

>great gatsby
>that high

Holy shit lmao what a fucking meme.

The Matrix or, if we're going to factor in nostalgia, Back to the Future.

>grapes of wrath
>anything but garbage tier

What ring does was always pretty vague in the books, it's implied that it can do a lot of different things. It works better that way, it makes it more complex and more mystical, Tolkien was right to keep it that way and not overexplaining it. If LOTR would've been written by someone dumber, the ring would've been reduced to something stupid like The force nowadays, which only seems to move rocks and shoot lightning

You're the one who thinks objectivism is a legit philosophy, my dude.

Star Wars should be banned

Am I getting memed here or is Sup Forums being invaded by newfriends?

Did you even read my post? I don't approve of Star Wars or any infanto-juvenile literature, i just said people trying to sound smart by saying Ayn Rand is legit and talking shit on star wars is hilarious.

shut up nerd

Hate what Star Wars franchise has become.
Haven't even seen all of the Harry Potter movies.
Though I'm left with LotR, though to be honest with the addition of the Hobbit trilogy, I like it even less.

You're the one who's been here for 2 years and i'm the new friend ayyy.
Cmon nigga say why do you think Ayn Rand have more literary value than Ulyssses my dude, don't tell me to go to Sup Forums or say i'm a newfag without giving me dem arguments.

>”Brap!”

You just keep digging your own grave

Every time

Saruman was the most learned in ring lore though no doubt Sauron would have known more since he discovered how to make them. I don't think it's all that complicated though, as I said Tolkien mentions that it's a matter of will. Bilbo and Frodo resist the ring better than anyone else because Hobbits simply don't desire power or anything corruptible. You can't corrupt the desire to be comfortable or well fed and these things are the main motivations for Hobbits. Men however fear death and so want power over themselves and others, which is easily corrupted. Dwarves like to make beautiful objects, again not something that can be corrupted, which is why it's greed that the one ring used by drawing evil (dragons usually) towards treasure hordes like Erebor which were based on ring magic.

he said sentient, though

the ring is an item of magic made up of Sauron's essence distilled with various spells and mystical forging, it would be like using "the wand" for harry potter, I'm physically ill with rage right now because of the stupidity of that image.

lotr

>glow in the dark

I just ordered the entire saga on blu ray

LOTR and Galadriel's feet magic and poop magic.

>That is why the elves leave middle-earth, they can't sustain their paradise since the rings fade in power

Their rings were forged in the Second age with knowledge nad guidance from Sauron under a different guise. Their power was tied to his 'one' ring hence the destrution of his ring would inevitably lead to a decline of their own.

I wasn't talking about corruption though, I talked about what it can do. I vaguely remember Frodo taking the ring and looking like very powerful being, and supressing and enslaving gollum. I haven't read the books in decade or something though

I bet you're one of the people who complained about Snoke.

LOTR magic allows you to reshape planets and call into being the universe. Last I checked Potter doesn't come close.

>no Star Trek

Straight outta reddit

You are right

i disagree. all that means, practically, is that tolkien has his characters write pointless songs and rave on for pages and pages about a ring, everyone wants it, yet it never does anything... infact, the most powerful big bad ever that everyone is afraid of was defeated by normal humans when he HAD his super special macguffin ring...

Because the ring is literally the metaphor for Power, it's like the most obvious thing.
>it never does anything
what do you want it to do? Shoot fireballs?

Star Trek IS redit

Very hypocritical.

sure but it only has that effect because Frodo is extremely wise and has a strong will. I guess my point is that the power of the rings is tied to the ringbearer, they make your will manifest in physical reality. If you have no will you can't do much with them besides live eternally (since all creatures have a will to survive).

WHORES

>Edgy battle-wizard
>Space wizard
>Gay as fuck wizard

The choice is pretty obvious.

What happens when a jew or a black guy puts on the ring?

Only because you made sure to let us know which ones you disliked by using negative adjectives.

>The Magic
Fuck off, then

Black Guy becomes Telekinetic. Jew gets the power to hypnotize people.

We all know that Dumbledore easily beats Gandalf but who wins between Dumbledore and Yoda?

OK so what happens if Vader wore the Ring?

Gandalf is a literal cosmic avatar your idiot. Dumbledoor would have hard time against the fucking brown wizard.

retard

Wouldn't work because Vader's hands are robotic.

OK so what happens if voldemort wore the Ring?

Lord of the Rings, honestly.

Vader forcechokes him and take back the ring. Its precious and he was first.

That order is fine.

Isildur is a big hobbit
Did you just assume his race?

No.

This has been covered many times and Dumbledore always comes out on top.

It's been done

the force is being messed up atm, it was a pretty good and somewhat consistent system before the ST, now it's a mess... but still better than magic

>Because the ring is literally the metaphor for Power,

what you believe in your own headcanon is your business.

>what do you want it to do? Shoot fireballs?

if the ring did shoot fireballs, it'd be better than what we got. for example, you could imagine that if frodo using the ring would shoot fireballs just barely enough to incinerate the black riders, perhaps sauron using the ring could create and manipulate miniature suns. then, yes, i would agree with all the allusions to its power.

but what we got was a macguffin that was fawned over endlessly, and pointlessly.

1 and 3.

2=Star Wars has no more just bad characters with shitty premise and terrible cheap mechanics of the force all made exclusively for toy sales from start to finish. Most cynical cheap cash grab source material ever.

lotr> potter > SW

I might have put potter and sw equal had disney wars not happened.

i lieke da lord of da wings ns atr wars an harry pottre

Fuck sake my sides

Lord of the Rings, once Amazon fixes the diversity problem

>"Brap!"

Since the baddies would still be white, there's still hope for based Sheev as Saruman

Planeswalking.

Jews already have that power

There's not even any new toys to sell now. What cool new stuff do kids want from TLJ? The Snoke guards? Rey and Kylo in slightly different clothes? I guess they could get old Luke and pretend his character wasn't destroyed

>porgs
>rose
>ice foxes
>space horses
>kid with a broom

Do I need to keep going?

the ring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the force >>>>> the magic

harry potter is just a film series for kids, grow the fuck up

LOTR went to shit with the last two hobbit movies.
SW went downhill starting with the previews and the latest turds are horrific.
HP, main movies even at its worst is actually pretty good, however, the spinoff movies are going to tank it. I couldn't finish the beasts movie. Fuck that.

People just don't know when to fucking stop and move on to a new IP completely. They just milk it until there's a corpse left.

just so you know i was shitposting with that comment