Why was this episode so acclaimed? Because it had lesbians and happy end...

Why was this episode so acclaimed? Because it had lesbians and happy end? Easily the most overrated episode in the series

It's been shit since netcux bought it

Cause it's gonna be reality when our generation is old so it hits close to home.

Because it made people hopeful instead of miserable for a change.

>Digital copies of two dead lesbians living happily ever after in a virtual environment
So poignant

This. Leaving your audience in a positive mood when it ends goes a long way in giving people an enjoyable experience

>happily ever after
Until the servers are shut down
No happy ending at all, as the last shot of the episode should've made clear to you.

They died tho.

Because interracial lesbians are the hottest thing in the universe.

I agree, but it's still pretty good.

Also, checked.

But when you've established for 2 seasons and half of your third season that your show is designed to always end on a bleak note, it just makes the episode stand out and look completely unrelated to the rest of the show.

it's surface level happy for normie consumption

love wins!

This.
White Christmas was the last acceptable episode.

After that they were just Twist-fest, sjw blacked propaganda, and a confusion between dreadful situations with advanced technology and teknologi is baddd mmmk

yes the interracial lesbians, and also '80s nostalgia. media is in a perpetual state of '80s nostalgia at the moment.

Lmao i skpped this episode. Was i right?

It's pointless. They're all pointless.

Either AI is meaningless and you can fuck with them all you want, just like they do in White Christmas, or AI is everything and people should just off themselves after updating to the net.

Every AI episode after netcuck bought the series has been a disappointing pointless dribble.

But dikes ans 80s music so 10/10 best episode i guess

i don't mind all the muh 80s and muh 90s stuff in this ep because it's not so hammy. the girl never experienced the 80s because she was in a coma, so she just wanted to see what her life would have been like if she wasn't in a coma.

To spite me, that's why.

Lesbians on tv where dying left, right and center so it was the only saving grace because even if they did technically die they still lived happily ever after. Also this

Even the twilight zone had episodes not in line with the rest.

Never got through this one.

>girl can be wired to a virtual reality where she can do whatever she wants
>there's no way for her to communicate directly with the outside world

Ruined it desu.

tfw i liked it and started liking it less when i heard normies liking it a lot.

tfw unconsciously contrarian

>have a completely immersive virtual world where you literally cannot tell the difference between reality and not
>normies just use it to go clubbing in the 80's and 90's

This episode was depressing as fuck and anyone who missed this missed the point of the entire episode. It was literally commentary on how normie culture ruins everything.

just don't watch it ? Ok Sweety ?

Any piece of writing needs a change of pace once in a while otherwise it becomes tedious.

The whole show is shit. There were 2 decent episodes this season.

Ok mommy, now go masturbate over the washer and drink more gin.

It was a great show until netflix. Sad that it's pointless, boring and unoriginal now.

I think Charlie needs a break to explore more concepts. Too many uploaded consciousness stories in season 4.

The same reason why normies loved Hang the DJ, because it has a simple narrative structure filled with cliches and easy to grasp concepts. Also, happy ending.

Man, I'm halfway through the season and it's already the worst one yet and by far. Fucking Netflix.

black mirror is the utmost normie shit you can watch these days

just a terrible show.

The show was written by normies, user.

thats what is called a running theme you dolt
each episode showed a new stage in the technology. one episode showed 3 stages and the entire history of the technology.
doesnt make them good episodes though
>first instance of tech is dr pain
>final instance is robopup
same circle, smaller tech

well it sucked donkey dicks. no more season long themes if they're gonna be this bad. this is why Metalhead was my favourite episode because it was pure dystopian sci-fi.

he should have did 2017 wipe instead of this shit

It's genuinely better than most of the episodes. The show is a mixed bag, with a few great episodes, most being ok-mediocre, and a few shit ones. 'San Junipero' stood above a lot of them for a few reasosns
>change in tone
The show doesn't need to be bleak for every episode, an uplifting episode was a nice change of pace. It's more positive than most episodes, but still carries typical Black Mirror understated darkness if you analyze the themes and technology.
>characters
The characters were better written and more interesting than lots of other episodes. You could identify and care for the two women and their struggles/romance. Compare this to say 'Playtest', which had a weak and annoying main character who detracted from the episode and the audience's interest.
>concept
One of the biggest factors to the success of a Black Mirror episode is the strength of the concept. Some episodes don't have enough material to make for an engaging hour of television. The concept in 'San Junipero' was interesting and had enough to it to fully engross the audience in the world. In comparison 'Arkangel' was a weak episode because the concept was a retread and didn't provide anything new with its weak concept.
>no bullshit twist
Various episodes in Black Kirror have a dumb twist that comes up at the end, mainly just to shock the audience, and not because it benefits the story or themes (see 'Crocodile'). Thankfully there isn't anything outrageously dumb in San Junipero, and it's a tightly written narrative.

Ultimately it's not my favorite episode, I prefer 'The Entire History of You' and 'White Christmas', but it is up there with the best the series has to offer.

>San Junipero had a happy ending

Because San Junipero is simultaneously a pretty decent story while being the least Black Mirror episode of Black Mirror. The show, to begin with at least, was pretty niche. Twilight Zone with technology isn't something everybody's going to be into, but over time it grew in popularity (especially with the Netflix buyout) and everyone's watching it because it's about young people and technology so must be hip and relate-able. So people who don't really care for the Twilight Zone aspects find an episode with the least amount of Twilight Zone aspects and they latch onto it. I expect the same will occur with Hang the DJ.

It got better actually

Not getting eternal life doesn't mean it isn't a happy ending, otherwise no story ever other than the bible can have a happy ending.

Because Mackenzie Davis is a CUTE, CUTE!

Villeneuve knew this

Because it's enjoyable and well done and feels like they actually considered the plot for more than 10 seconds?

I liked it.
The rest of the season was way too tiring. Episodes like Nosedive and Shut up and Dance made their point clear and kept repeating the same idea way too many times.

Show was never good. It has its ups and downs, but I can't think of a single high quality episode beside Entire History of You and maybe Playtest.

>happy end
PLEB

I like how Hang the DJ ended on a good note after erasing 2000 people.

it's the least "black mirrory" episode for sure. great soundtrack though lol.

I doesn't even have a happy ending, people just fail to understand that with time they both will lose their feelings and end up empty and degenerate.