Why is Hollywood so slow in adapting Akira? It's literally been years! I want cyberpunk-kino!

Why is Hollywood so slow in adapting Akira? It's literally been years! I want cyberpunk-kino!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

really?
u want them to ruin more things?

Why so you can cry on social media that it isn't like your cartoon, s/v/w?

Akira is subpar flick only good because they threw all the budget on animation only.

Hahahaha how the fuck do you want an adaptation? Hahahah nigga just watch the original like read the manga hahahaha

the "live-action adaption of anime when?"fags are the worst posters on this board. fuck off, just because Sup Forums hates you doesn't mean you're welcome here.

When will you cockmonglers realize live action adapations of anime will NEVER be good?

it was called chronicle

to be fair 2019 is the only acceptable release date

When will you realize that you are only aware of a very small portion of the manga/anime live action adaptations that have ever been made?

>libtard gets triggered immediately
Go back to you safe space, snowflake.

Why would I want that? I don't. I already got akira.

>wanting a hollywood adaptation of a movie whos only merits are great animation and music, both things that will be lost in a live action adaptation

why
h
y

So why not just watch the movie. Why does it have to be a Hollywood adaption. Like, it already exists so just watch it

This

The story is obviously not very polished but norm fags will defend that by saying it's supposed to be vague

>tfw they missed their chance for some Keanu kino by almost 20 years

>Amerifats making their version of a movie that's literally a metaphor for Japan

No thank you

>I want cyberpunk-kino!

>I can only enjoy something if it's a live action production by Hollyjew
just kill yourself you brainless nigger, people like you are ruining everything that is good.

>everything japan produces is about hiroshima
unironically love this meme

>Americans in charge of understanding things

Firefly

Who would you even cast in a live action Akira?

we're getting the live action in 2020's tokyo olympics

>be japanese man
>can never make any mention or showing of any kind of explosion, catastrophe or generally unpleasant happening or feeling

I think Akira actually is pretty explicitly about Japanese history.

Why not just watch the movie? It already exists.

>akira
>set in neo la
>they will use the "black people as asian characters" to defend themselves from the SJWs
>the movie will use the BLM shit

nah fuck it

what is the message in akira? what is the story based on? what is it's meaning?

If there was an American movie about a plane crashing into some towers, wouldn't people say it was probably about 9/11 in some way?

No because I don't think they'd be retarded enough to do something like this and even their capeshit about 9/11 have more depth than the "metaphors for japan"

with great power comes great responsibility

>only things based on American culture can have any depth to them

>No because I don't think they'd be retarded enough to do something like this
>"Uhh... they wouldn't do that!"

Americans

How bout a new IP instead of a fucking remake?

I'd personally like to see a full adaption of the comic split into a miniseries.

There was talk several years ago of Nolan doing an Akira trilogy. Not sure what happened to it.

Considering it is from a manga and is a bad adaptation of that, of course it isn't polished.

lol americans are the ones who see muh hiroshima in any piece of media japan produces and ignore the actual depth of their stuff

Speaking of Cyberpunk
how'd GITS movie fared well? is it worth watching?

no and no

Surprisingly, it is worth watching. It's like a solid 7/10

They're having a real hard time finding ways to put niggers and jews in it.

Especially doing so without pissing off their own SocJus crowd over having niggers and jews playing Asians.

but why..?

I see. I'll keep that on mind.

And it sucked.

>anyone who doesn't agree with me must be a liberal

Holy shit what a dumb cognitive heuristic.

Obligatory m.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

Vestigial returns on an encapsulating amount of the subject matter/ inherent animation / breadth of the original manga.

Bobby Lee in every role