I thought the casting and costumes were really nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5UBRXOHTuM
youtube.com/watch?v=85gVFD7Dqwk
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First one was comfy as fuck..

I can't, in all honesty.

Martin Freeman is pretty good. He goes into autopilot on some scenes, especially in the third film, but other than that he's great.

He literally just plays himself. As usual.
Dinner scene was comfy.

First was one genuinly a great movie.

The second was atrocious and the 3rd was just bad. They completely lost it trying to make 3 movies and going for action over substance. Should have been 2 movies and the story should have been focused on Bilbo and the dragon.

i literally cant think of anyone who could play a better gandalf

1 was ok
2-3 shit
I really want to enjoy it but what a damn let down.

since theres a hobbit thread
someone post the cgi webms

1 was great.
2 had a great first half and a shit second half that's only saved by Bilbo & Smaug
3 is absolute shit. Start to finish. Not a single saving grace.

>He literally just plays himself. As usual.
>youtube.com/watch?v=K5UBRXOHTuM

and although I wasn't a fan of all the added on stuff, I do think the fight scene at the end where Thorin dies was really good

the scene with gandalf going to the necromancer fortress looked and felt like a scene out of lotr until the brown weed wizard showed up with his quips and ruined it

I liked the old school werewolf look Beorn had. Like something out of the 40's or 50's.

The castings were in fact good.

Literally his best role.

I teared up in the theater when the music hit in the trailer. I love the Hobbit Theme so goddamn much.

I forget it exists so often it doesn't really impact my life.

Smaug looked great when the CG team was pulling double time.

It got most of the important scenes right. As a consequence, the Maple Films cut works really well as a single 4h Hobbit movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=85gVFD7Dqwk

Can only recommend giving it a try.

First one had some fun songs.

They weren’t as bad as the star wars prequels.

The fan edit was good.

Balin was pretty good.
A lot of the music was nice.
First movie was comfy.
Smaug looked great most of the time and I liked Cumberbatch in the role.
IMO a lot of the costumes were overdesigned, LotR had some of that as well but to a lesser extent. The simpler outfits were stellar though I agree.

I really liked the Dwarven song at the beginning of the first one

the first one was ok.

Smaug is probably the best voice acted animated creature guy in movies. So much character.

Even though it was disappointing it was very forgettable and I'm not mad about it.

>300 page book that wasn't even all that interesting
>462 minutes of film

2nd was still pretty fun imo, but there's not really any redeeming qualities about the 3rd.

>we will never get a 6 movie Lotr

with right editing, it can be salvageable. I dont know why movie watchers never take it upon themselves post-edit it a movie and fix it.

It wasn't as bad as the Star Wars prequels

First one is ok.

once the lotr amazon happens, people here will start liking the movies just to be contrarian and praise jackson like a GOD
just like the fucking star wars with the prequels.

Would Gullermo Del Toro make it better?

a second opinion on this?

Sure it was

LMFTFY
>It wasn't as bad as the Star Wars sequels

The only element Jackson borrowed from Del Toro is the tiny goblin scribe from the first movie.

Judging by that alone, no.

I often wonder who exactly is the target audience for these.

now I liked this scene. reminder that the Hobbit was a childrens story, and that it's ok for it to be a bit goofy

you're also lazy

>white council
>gollum
>ringwraiths

fan edit versions are ok

This. Watched it on DVD after the fact because I didn't think it was worth seeing in theaters. Anticlimactic ending but I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed it otherwise so I decided to go see the other two in theaters. Imagine my disappointment when they did not even remotely live up to it.

yeah gotta disagree the second movie is still pretty good. three is basically fan service for fans of the jackson origionals. Which is cool, but yeah they kinda fucked up by making three films.

I liked An Unexpected Journey unironically more than the LOTR trilogy. I had zero issue with pacing, it all was super-comfy and Martin Freeman is 10x more likeable to me than anyone in LOTR except for Gandalf.
Part 2 and especially 3 were massive letdowns.

That scene was a blast to watch in theaters. Everyone was excited, laughing at the funny parts and so on. Much better atmosphere than the theater during Star Wars. It was a good addition for an original scene.

wtf was up with all that bloom

He got a little chubby, didn't he

That was implied

The first one was pretty good if overstuffed.
The riddle scene was excellent.

There are such fanedits but believe me the last movie cannot be saved. You need to cut down the battle of the 5 armies to Tolkien levels of exposition.

It's over.

The last movie cannot be saved and that makes any fanedits doomed unless they throw out most of the hobbit 3

Is the fan edit as good as people say?

ya cheeky git

They do.

You realize most of the Hobbit 3 literally didn't happen in the books.

It gave me feels.

>Hobbit 2 was in 2013
>Tauriel was received incredibly poorly for her hypercompetence and complete lack of character flaws
>Instead of learning even a single thing from this, Disney does the exact same thing with Rey

This makes me unbelievably angry.

I can't watch anything with high framerate without vomitting, but the ost was nice.

Womyn tho

Peter tried his best but Hollywood capitalism destroyed all his good intentions.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

This video basically made me forgive him completely.

Poor Peter :'(