>wokeness scarcity

I can see the soyboy face when I close my eyes

to be fair Birdman barely had any, so they need to fuck off

>wokeness scarcity
???

>zero share in VFX films' success
Nigga you already got paid!

No.

He's just a computer programmer, not an artist.

If they were worth more they wouldn't be treated like the ten-a-penny donkeys they are.

>uneven market
yes
>pitting vfx against eacother
literally business
>no union/guild
agree this is an issue but it will bite them in the ass in the short term when they unionize
>fixed bids
probably project dependent, moot point
>digital makeup
unclear what he means exactly. beneath the industry? leads to negative pr? if the client is upfront about wanting such a thing then it shouldn't be an issue.
>directors dissing vfx
keyword being "excessive", which is a legitimate issue
>"cgi ruining movies"
see above
>unable to discuss work
with each other on the same project? yes, a problem.
>no overtime
leads back into the union issue
>wokeness
fuck off
>late turnovers, overtime again, health insurance
rolls into union/guild shit again
>no share in the films success
???????????
>fighting for credits
welcome to hollywood
>hyping practical over digital
pr and spin to sell movies, just like vfx was 15-20 years ago

I think he's literally talking about sleep deprivation

>Wokeness scarcity
IT
WAS
HER
TURN

ILM is pretty much the only guy I'd listen to about Hollywood VFX.

>>pitting vfx against eacother
Pretty sure he means underground gladiator tournaments

Good job FOX

The VFX section of the credits is usually a lot longer than the rest.
Nobody wants to sit through an extra five minutes of credits, just because a bunch of vertex pushers want their name in larger print

And I say this as someone who has worked in the 3D/CG industry, though not in film.

Won't really care until Hollywood gets better designers

>no union

you dick around with pictures, better be good at it

most of it seems fair

VFX seems like a thankless job

>help I'm not that good or dedicated but I want to stay in my fantasy career

Imagine being a VFX artist at Lucasfilm, working like a bitch for 2 years for the next Star Wars movie. The director is so bad, all your work is immediately forgotten because the viewer can't stop thinking about the plot holes every 2 seconds, and the stupid interrupting quips.
Working on a SW film must be a dream come true for them, it ends up a nightmare especially under Disney, they're probably constantly being threatened by being replaced by china slave labor.

I think by digital makeup he means that many motion capture actors are taking credit for almost everything about the performance when the vfx artists spend just as much time making the faces and fixing them up. The actors are just calling this "digital makeup" so they can be eligible for an oscar.

>no cut of the profits if the movie makes money
If they agreed to take a loss every time a movie flopped maybe I'd agree.

Because technically a 16 year old kid from Sri Lanka with enough time on their hands and a pirated copy of software can learn to do it to an equal standard to some soyboy from Seattle who spent tens of thousands of dollars going to college in order to earn the same skill set.

No, they literally mean that VFX studios are spending massive amounts of time and budget touching up footage to make actors look more attractive, less fat etc.

Welcome to globalism moron.

Bet you thought that IT-degree is gonna get you a nice loft in LA. To bad that Chin Wang and Hajamalong Nehatmeet will do your job for less and in shorter time in a part of the world with 1/10th of your living expenses.

As long as you can read it it doesnt matter, the only people that will care are people in the business and those will look at the names by their own if they want to, there is no need to have it bigger since its purpose isnt to attract but to inform.

Maybe they can put their talents to digitally add clinton into all white house photos