Why is the Shire the most utopian setting ever depicted in film?

Why is the Shire the most utopian setting ever depicted in film?

>no niggers
>no sand niggers
>no jews

>live in Shire
>dumb kids keep stealing your vegetables

>no jews
Came here to post this.
They are farmers that don't care about money

>traditional pastoral life in a small tight-knit monoethnic community
hmmmmm

What was the Shire's tax policy?

Yet the farmer had so many veggies that he couldn't even be bothered to harvest them. There's no poverty, no hunger, no reason to want anything excessive or to build anything to obtuse. Everyone is content.

because its white europe

There are no taxes in the Shire you dolt. It's an autonomous collective.

Fippy bippy

>there was never a time in muttland like this

There is still a time in muttland like this if you move out west into small towns in the Rockies, or Alaska

Doubtful that it's ever existed since Europeans are really predatory neighbors

>what is Native American culture

Tolkien based it on towns in england

Sharkey had a pretty intense tax policy.

>hick town in the middle of nowhere inhabited entirely by closeted homos and xenophobic simpletons who sit around smoking weed
>utopian
I guess I can see it

>Collective

Pretty sure shirelings would let you stay poor and ridiculed if you were a lazy drunkard. More akin to an independent medieval village.

>collective means they have to have social programs
back 2 Sup Forums

if Mirror's Edge ever gets made into a movie, i bet its setting would.

Literally what all cities would look like in an Anarcho capitalist society.

No mudslime shitskins.

>tfw you literally live in the area the shire was based on

Catalyst was so disappointing visually. Nice colors, but the city seemed much less unique than before.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Alaska here not even the villages out in the bush are like the shire.

>the Sup Forums dream state is only sustainable by the hard work, sacrifice and sympathy of people in the surrounding lands
hmmm

>Gondor and Rohan were run by white males and homogenous
Try again Sup Forums

Have the Amish got the right idea?

Well once someone makes an accurate film depiction about Berlin if Germany if it won WWII it would easily take that title

I've never met an Amish but they always seem really unhappy when they're depicted on screen

>Native American culture
>not predatory neighbors
Nevermind that they were generally not agricultural like the Shire, there's also ample evidence of war between tribes, some of whom practiced slavery as well.

I wonder (((who))) would want to edit their films to give that impression

They do have social programs, dumbass. Sheriffs, a postal service and a fucking border patrol.

Found the shitskin.

>sheriffs, a postal service, and a fucking border patrol
all voluntary, paid for by farmer maggot's excess crops, NEXT

Agreed. The first one was interesting because it wasn't full sci-fi, the city was futuristic and all but the technology was still pretty similar to real life. Then in Catalyst everything became super sc-fi with VTOLs instead of regular helicopters amongst other things, which makes absolutely no fucking sense as it was a prequel.

>Doubtful that it's ever existed since Europeans are really predatory neighbors
>>what is Native American culture
Lol retard
'native Americans' were horribly violent and constantly fighting each other.

Tribes never went all out in warfare, they generally backed off after inflicting very minor casualties. It wasn't until Europeans started massacring them that they practiced total warfare.

And you'd be surprised how sophisticated they were at animal husbandry and crop growing, but I won't delve into it. Essentially they possessed all the technology the needed to get by and be content.

sean astin is jewish, goyims.

THIS
shitskins are utterly barbaric savages, only white men have the sympathy, a trait lacking in any other race, to start taming these animals.

How come Bilbo's family was so wealthy (even before he got treasure and shit)?
was there like a nobility of hobbits? was there like a hobbbit mafia? we never see him doing anthing remotely productive (aside from stealing shit from dorfs)

empathy, thats the word you are looking for, other races have it too.
And all races can turn it off, but when whites turn it of they go a little crazy.

>peaceful society of manlets
>no lankshits to ruin it

Truly.

Rohan was being run by a Jew poisoning the King's ear. Denethor was just an eternal anglo.

100% white

like when i visited Iceland.... heaven on earth

they were also great, especially once the evil orcs were killed at the end

False

>there was no reason to bomb Nagasaki
Delete that fucking image you brainlet. You probably made that post too.

it's not it's filled with annoying ass hobbits.

Nah, once the rings corrupted their desires both kingdoms became doomed.

Literally no proof of this. Who's to say that Aragorn wouldn't turn on Theoden once his army was freed up?

There's an Amish community right outside the town I live in. They are very nice and helpful people. If I could I'd join them and marry a qt Amish girl with some modesty

>what about hypothetical
stay in school kid

Was the shire supposed to be Ireland before the British ruined it?

>Native American culture
Raiding parties, diabetes and extinction?

I think it was at least implied in the films as well, but in the books especially the Shire is filled with curmudgeonly old moneygrubbers who would auction off your stuff for cash if you went on an extended vacation, snuffy and peculiar people who were staunch in their ways although overall generally decent people. It’s hardly a fucking utopia, in fact it’s an example of bumbly busybodies with a bit of greed being gifted a utopia area to live in.
The point, being, it’s Home. It’s not perfect but it’s simple, and whereas before you’d think how frustrating farmer bigfeet is for making you pay him interest on borrowing a cup of sugar, after an adventure where you get stabbed by a grim reaper and fight a giant spider god and corrupted to the brink of insanity by a ring crafted by godlike beings, it all seems welcome and rather quaint.

Cool, spot on analysis to go with your cooler digits

no it is the english west country

A utopia wouldn't castrate everyone's negative impulses, I think it's unfair to say that some minor greedy misdeeds rule out the Shire's status as one. The point is that the Shire was starkly contrasted by the surrounding areas that had been corrupted by power, so in ME, it's hard not to think of it as utopian.

Double dubs = quad?

The whole point of a utopia is to castrate negative impulses. Utopias = dystopias

Hello.

A terrestrial utopia is an ideal place to live, not a perfect one. I think it can be argued that the Shire was considered the ideal place to live by Gandalf, who would be the best authority on ideal societies.

medieval ireland was basically like any other part of europe but with weirder reginal rules involving nipples and High Kings

it is basically an idealised 19th century/edwardian england(similar to Brideshead's depiction of the 20s)

>no kike vermin
Perfect.

>amerigoblin goes to the shire
>gets told to go back to mordor

>the literal embodyment of peace, yet fun and playful
Shire was something we've never been, but always wanted to come back to.

It has all the benefits of a simple life without all the negatives that comes with it like hunger or poverty.

I've met a few. Generally down to earth and very hardworking. Probably depends on their situation. Some are wealthier/more successful than others.

ireland before the british """"ruined"""" it was a dense forest with a few primitives living in it you filthy potato nigger

Yes Pippin, my point is he's clearly overreacting.

They will ruin the essense of the game/world. You can screencap this right now. Stopping in front of a peaceful, sterile view of the city just to hear its moving, sounding.

>be European living in the Shire
>invite all of the orc refugees to come live with you and fuck your wife's hairy toes

>be amerigoblin
>literally elect the biggest goblin as your lord
>twice

>he goes on a tangent on how his grandfather was actually 32% percent pure elven

Because living in a low-pop monoethnic community where you know everyone and everyone knows you, and you don't have blacks robbing or raping or muslims running people over with trucks or blowing up the local tavern is the ideal scenario for you to experience safety and happiness.

The shire is what the irish have lived like for years, until of course the anglo whitey came over and pissed all over everything.

If you were there it couldn't have been 100% white

>live in bongshire
>lecture mutts about how the constant orc raids are part and parcel of life in bag end

You do realise that Ireland was divided into kingdoms before the Norman invasion in the 12th century right? Before that it was divided into even more clans and tribes that mercilessly back stabbed each other for small gains of land

And before you accuse me of being english i'm actually from ireland

pipe-weed and chill halflings

Because the Shire is rural America with a tinge of fantasy

If pipe-weed is just meant to be tobacco, why does Saruman tell Gandalf off about it saying it's making him dumb?

>the Shire is rural America

/thread

This is so unrealistic; a place like the Shire couldn't exist because it would get constantly get raided by orcs or bandits. GRRM is so much better at world building.

Im smiling like an idiot over this and i have no idea why.
Thanks user for brightening up my day.

now this make more sense

>buildings that follow Le Corbusier's fashionable retardation
Yeah, expect even more damp and rotten concrete than we got IRL famalamadingdong.

It's a mixed bag. On the one hand
is probably right: Given reasonable affluence and safety, it really is a better place to live than most others. Same reason the amish are generally happy, tolkien fondly remembered the english countryside, americans idolize the early settler communities... basically any culture ever to move past lowly agriculturalism has at least some people idolizing that way of life.

The flip side is that these societies are not sustainably affluent and safe, and never have been. Given enough time, population will eventually reach carrying capacity, resulting in general poverty and intermittent famine. The surplus of people will try to improve their lot by taking of others, resulting in basically endless wars. This has happened time an again in newly colonized areas and was basically the natural state of life for most people that ever lived.

The main reason some societies don't suffer from that is they are historically lucky: They have colonized new lands with little or no population (colonial america), they have made available new sources of income or opportunities for their surplus sons through colonialism or industry (tolkiens england) or they're benefitting from another society that has done this and now has a surplus of land to offer (the amish). The shire in the story was founded upon the ruins of a nation depopulated by war. It has plenty of lands to expand to (that's actually a plot point about what sams numerous children will be doing). It is also defended from outside invaders through plot magic, but those outsiders are basically monsters and not actually necessary to the setting.

If I had to answer OP, I would indeed answer it is a near perfect utopia: a kind of live more in tune with our natural dispositions yet not so far removed from our actual lives as that of a nomad hunter/gatherer, while ignoring the principal problem of such a society.

DUDE WEED LOL

I live about 5 minutes away from the hobbiton set.
Pretty neat, we get a local discount and local tour days.

you get to fuck the sheep for free?

>implying anarcho-capitalists could build a road, let alone cities

No, dinner and date first.. you fucking predator.

Tribes warring is perfectly fine, it's humanity working as intended. The losses are rarely great and the stronger men survive to breed. Most species on earth behave this way for a reason.

Stop larping

>literal agrarian village is better than literal elf paradise cities

lol

How are the CEOs going to get around? walk?

YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE

it is tho