What was so amazing about retreating

What was so amazing about retreating

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7Di4T3Qcds
youtube.com/watch?v=17fafupOKOE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing, this movie sucked. Beautifully shot, but a boring mess all the same.

It was a heroic and spirited retreat, tally ho lads

>American hours
>suddenly these threads appear

>blimey this battle's a bit much innit? let's head back cross the pond for a pint and a sheepshag

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

I like how the very existence of this film baffles every single ameritard because they can't even fathom the idea of a WW2 film being something other than the usual "WE THE BEST LET'S KILL ALL THE EBIL NAZIS/GOOKS SO HEROIC SO VICTORIOUS" shootout gorefest flicks because they can only take pride in their victories, which is pretty shallow.
Degenerate amerilards will never understand something like this, it will baffle their puny little minds till eternity.

>Dunkirk was boring

What? This was the most intense and well paced movie I've ever seen.

The pond means the atlantic you fuckwit

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Look at a map dummy that is the atlantic

oi slag I decide what the pond is or isn't. now suck my faucet and knob

The majority of the British army survived, meaning there was no reason to surrender. France were fucked over, and Churchill got to make one of the great speeches of his career.

>a pasta meets a pasta
Riveting stuff

>no cigarettes were smoke
2/10

and also the civilian boats who travelled literally into a war zone

Soon this board will consist entirely of simulated "arguments".

Idk I'm iffy about watching this movie because Nolan's last couple of movies aside from momento and the dark knight were absolute dog shit (yes including interstellar)

Let me guess. American? Some sort of non white anyway.

This is pasta. We had this exact thread yesterday. Sad!

It's the first Nolan film without the usual Nolan flaws (no constant shoved exposition, no overwritten dialogue, no too complex storyline, no poor close quarter choreography) seems like he finally listened to all of the critiques.

>left all their gear in France.
>The men that were saved were only a small portion of fighting aged men.

It was a great propaganda victory and nothing more. A propaganda victory could win or lose a war of course.

Most of the boats were seized by the government and piloted by the military. Despite what you have heard. The movie does a semi decent job of showing the truth while still sticking to the legend.

I really feel like it was all imagery, which was pretty good but not excellent, but no movie.
Probably the big wankfest of Nolan's career as a popular director and he'll go back to formulas and basic shit.

Well I mean, how can you make complex stories out of a WW2 setting anyway?

I watch all his movies fairly drunk and I love them.

I'm not baffled I just wasn't moved.

Singapore when?

germans were going to win the war, but as we all know hitler was just a zionist patsy, bastard rosthchild, and germany was never meant to win. They needed to make a heroic escape seem plausible (so they made some casualties) in order to allow Britain to regroup and hold until they decided it was time for America to join

meant forI was tremendously drunk watching this in the theater.

>one of bongistan's greatest accomplishments is to run away from war
really activates the almonds

Lol I cried. Booze makes me emotional. I cried for how shit K''s life was in blade Runner. Every "deep" movie hits the mark when I the right kind of drunk.

This, it's actually pretty great to have a WW2 movie without Nazis. Not a single one. And zero mention of the Holocaust. Holy shit that's refreshing.

Vietnam says hello.

>implying the best episode of Band of Brothers wasnt the Bastogne one where they are getting their ass kicked
Eurofags need to get over themselves

Didn't you run from the Chinese in Korea? That's how the country got split on two.

thats one hell of a non sequitur

I just assume anyone on Sup Forums complaining of a low attention span is American.

Shoulda had a follow up end credits scene where the Brits attack the French fleet murdering their "allies"

>citation needed

>french help you retreat
>blow up french ships when they surrender

I'm drunk right now. Just like every night.
Honestly I actually had a legitimate cry to this scene when it was posted last night.
youtube.com/watch?v=_7Di4T3Qcds
I don't think Gump is a good movie even though I saw it as a kid, but once I was older this scene really gets to me.

Literally this. Honestly it wouldve made far more sense to get the materiel out and leave the men, as britain had an actual shortage of equipment at the time.

>le 56% answer

>fight defensive police action because of threat of WW3 with China
You know the US couldnt win Vietnam if they wanted to because they couldnt invade the North?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Don't get fat. My beer belly is my only regret from being an alcoholic. I could have exercised more and I'd be fine.

which country developed and used the most destructive weapon known to man?

Not only that, the excuse the brits used was hilarious
>if we dont blow em up they'll just give em to their enemies the nazis
>3 years later the French sink the remnants of their fleet to protect ships from Nazis

Brits were never gonna fight a land war in Europe. Too weak. If they left their planes and boats behind in dunkirk that would have been the end of the war for them.

>This was the most intense
come one now..have you seen mad max? i think you dont know the meaning of intensity. Well paced sure, but it was slow as fuck..i see it as a comfy movie desu

Nuke was worth it and Japs unironically benefited from it in the long run

This, I gave up less than halfway. The 3 plot lines shit doesn't helps, N O L A N tried to be all indie and le avantgarde cinema verite but all he achieved was a sleep-inducing mess starring characters with 0 development. What a pretentious piece of shit, at this rate TDK is his only good movie.

Never miss an excuse to attack the French, even when you're not technically at war with them.
>youtube.com/watch?v=17fafupOKOE

Amerimutts are too stupid for this movie, it's not hollywood enough for them

The fact that they MANAGED to retreat

>movies women will never understand

Women know plenty about being cowards, running away from their problems, and leaving them for others to deal with.

>*tip*

tits or gtfo

>he never had sex
Pathetic

How many of these threads are we going to fucking have?
How many idiots are going to keep replying?

Sage this shit you retards

Dunkirk fucking sucked desu. I thought Tora Tora Tora was immensely more interesting. Also I'm not some gore fiend but some blood or at least a spray of mist when dozens of men get directly bombed would make me more immersed in the "beautiful" shooting.

>t. grandson of a "hero"

Because hitler called off his hounds right

He weren't very bright that Hitler fellow. Cunt lost and ended up killing himself lmao.

I'm american and i agree with this