Is machete order just a meme?

Is machete order just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g7wFAIDnVKI?t=1m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you replace Episode II with this KINO then it works

skipping episode I.
it makes sense, Jin doesn't come back, elements are repeated and not to mention little annie.

>Not watching 1,2,3,4,5,6
low iq detected

Best order is:

II, IV, III, V, VI, I

Prove me wrong.

1. (Episode II) Introduce Anakin and Oni Wan without spoiling Darth Vader
2. (Episode IV) Introduce and start the actual Trilogy
3. (Episode III) Reveal who Vader is and build up the story of V way harder
4. (Episode V) Kino reveal and story/Character Progression
5. (Episode VI) Climax and end of the main storyline
6. (Episode I) Bonus Material and backstory

>(Episode V) Kino reveal
>III before V
???

Try it out. It makes the reveal (somehow) more tense and crazy.

>machete order
What did he mean by this?

Yes. The only real logical way to watch the series is in release order, otherwise all of the callbacks to the OT would be completely lost.

No it doesn't you scum

dubs confirm the true nature of the force

This is clearly the most schizophrenic order

Pure antikino

>Is machete order just a meme?
Why is it called machete? Because they're hacks?

I have to wonder if the ESB reveal needs to be so safely guarded, I knew it because of all the parodies before I had even seen the movie. I guess there's less chance of say a 5 year old hearing about it.

saying that you should still watch it 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3 because the prequels are made with the OT in mind.

When I watched that I thought it makes a better version of episode II but you still need episode II for grasp other things, like padme and his mother.

now I'm wondering if there's an edit of episode II with the key points of episode I as a flashback. I know there's the phantom edit that outs all three prequels together, closest there is.

Correct order:

5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 1

Because it takes a machete to Episode I and cuts it out.

p.s. I didn't intend the reddit spacing I swear

>you can't watch VI before the prequels because hayden is there are the end of VI
sorry, machete order is just a meme

this tbqh

That's the only way to watch it if you had already seen the whole saga. If not then watch it in order of the release date.

>skipping the best prequel

I just watch episode 1 six times.

7, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 1.

YIPEEE

Meesa called Jar Jar binks. Meesa your humble servant.

Probably one of my more contrarian lists.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Rogue One
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Force Awakens
9. Last Jedi

Theoretically it’s the best order but it’s not even worth watching the prequels at all. Even 6 is kinda shit in retrospect

>Even 6
Even as a child I thought the Ewoks were fucking shit. And I'm not trying to imply that I was smart for my age. I just wanted more villains/heroes in cool outfits not teddy bears, jesus fucking.

There’s Star Wars: Neon Noir, an edit of AOTC and ROTS with elements of TPM used as flashbacks. It’s also set entirely to synth music

>Even as a child I thought the Ewoks were fucking shit.
t. Brainlet who understand Empire

Ewoks weren’t even the only bad thing. The first quarter of the movie just undoing the ending of empire to get Han back with zero consequences. It’s cool and all and we got to see Luke be pretty badass but it it basically resets things to right before the events at bespin. Turns the whole thing with Jan getting caught into a cheap cliffhanger instead of actual consequences of his past catching up to him.

Then there’s the absolute creative bankruptcy of the Death Star 2. It’s so fucking boring, and tries to cheaply recreate the climax of 4 without earning any of the tension

And then of course Ewoks.

But all the events in the emperors throne room are quite possibly the best scenes in all the Star Wars movies. Doesn’t really redeem it though

No it doesn't. When you watch V you'll already know that Vader is Luke's father

1 -> 4 -> 5 -> 2 -> 6 (first half) -> 3 -> 6 (last half)

You get both setup episodes first.

5 as the classic low point in the middle of the story.

2 happens right after 5 for the emotion factor. We meet Anakin who unbeknownst to him is the happiest he would ever be, marrying Padme and being friends with Kenobi, right after we figured out who he became in the end (feels)

The first half of 6 stops with the scene where Luke leaves Endor alone to surrender to Vader.

We watch 3 to watch the tragedy of Vader so it's fresh in our minds for the ending.

The last half of 6 is the ultimate payoff, now that we are freshly familiar with Luke and Anakins story arcs, and watching them intertwine is immensely powerful. (Even though the special editions are cancer the hologram of young Anakin works better in this context as well.)

Lol you tard

The only order you should care about is 66.
Watch it in the order it came out you rebel scum

REMINDER THAT YOU ONLY SHOULD WATCH THE ORIGINAL 3 STAR WARS MOVIES
A NEW HOPE
THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

/thread

Alright you fucking autist explain to me how watching in that order improves the viewing experience

Best order is 7--> RO--> 8
The rest don't matter

thanks, it looks like a god effort.

what the fuck? no it doesn't you idiot

no you should swap III and V and it's perfect

Now this is podracing

1 4 5 6 2 3
true patrician order

It's just forcing something that would be a good idea if lucas rebounded after TPM. But he didn't, so it's a meme.

Btw, what is this order called? Should we name if after gary kurtz?

What the fuck is this?

holy shit a lot of fucking tards itt

1,2,TCW,3,Rebels,R1,4,5,6,7,8

>245136
i came up with that order a while ago but I don't have 13 spare hours to try it.

That looks like some reddit faggotry to me

friendly reminder that george says to watch them in chronological order.

R1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 7, 3, 8.
tpm was pointless.
fight me.

RI
IV
V
I
III
Solo: A Han Solo Star Wars Story
VIII
V
VII
II

what does he know about the star WAR

4 5 6

What are prequels? Sequels?

FUCKING kiNO THANK YOU

>1,2,TCW,3,Solo,Rebels,R1,4,5,6,7,8,9

r1 was pointless

Any and all Stand Alone movies
9 (probably)

Objectively best viewing order

without cutting anything

Rogue One
IV
V
I
II
III
VI
VII
VIII

I don't see a reason for Machete order. I mean you are already going to watch all the other star wars films, just watch it.

Also with "Han Solo" it will probably go between VI and VII. Nothing for anything particular. But since there is a gap in time in between it would be nice to something to be filler

Rogue One and Episode I are both pointless filler that adds virtually nothing useful to the overall story. The entire series could have started with Episode II and still made perfect sense.

Rogue One sets up some myths about Jedis as well as Darth Vader. Once you see what Darth Vader can do in Rogue One you get that sense of "OH SHIT" moment in regards to when Obiwan is telling Luke their story.

also as well
>I mean you are already going to watch all the other star wars films, just watch it.

Why would you even think about skipping films. 7 films in and you are already in too deep.

No fucking shit. Why would you skip that based Darth Maul fight scene?

You can't filter garbage in Star Wars, no matter how many fan edits you make.
The OT will always have nerf herders and ewoks.
Prequels will always have Jar Jar and Sand
And Disney will always promote Rey and Jake Skywalker.

You can't live in a little fucking bubble and pretend some movies don't exist. You may not consider them canon, but denial is stupid. Let people decide what they think of the movies, not judge based on memes and nostalgia.

Last 10 minutes of TPM
Last 10 minutes of R1.

Everything before that in both films is hardly worthy of being even low tier filler.

Skip finn/rose sublot and do a new head canon in tlj that there is a first order spy on board the last resistance ship and that both sides of the war are on their last legs.

1>2>3
No need to watch any other Star Wars film

Release order is the only order. The quality has deteriorated so much that now the cultural phenomenon of Star Wars is more interesting than the movies themselves. You'll understand how audiences felt about Star Wars better by watching them in the order they were released to audiences.

oh and do something productive while watching aotc so you'll likley miss all the anakin scenes, and obi wan scenes, and the worst light saber fight in the saga.

To expound, Star Wars is just a glorified zoo exhibit now. It's practically impossible to enjoy them as "films." Instead you peek into its cage, watch it perform its monkey-like antics and say, "huh, look at that thing go, shitting all over the place."

youtu.be/g7wFAIDnVKI?t=1m20s
Oscar Isaac supports the machete order

How about, hm I dunno

4 5 6 1 2 3

Retards

why am i not surprise briene "i wanna suck off jaime fucks his sister lannister" is fine with the luke leia kiss.