Im sure SyFy will mess the adaptation up

>Im sure SyFy will mess the adaptation up
>tfw this is one of my favourite books
Should i just an hero?

nerd

these are great books

syfy will either fuck up the adaptation, or it will be kino but syfy will cancel it in season three

no need to go as far as that. 2 should be enough to cover the first two books (the good ones) and maybe if the series does well we will get inquisition kino later on

The first book was a cool idea that takes forever to get the sequel then peters out.

Custom made for Syfy.

I never read this. Is it actually good or just nostalgia?

Sci Fi's record hasn't been so bad as of late.

Their biggest constraint seems to be budget and being able to afford a good enough studio to do effects.

Expanse is pretty good adaptation but it's not nearly as metaphysical(i guess) of a translation as Hyperion would have to be.

They probably need a decent screenwriter as well.

happy
channel zero
expanse
12 monkeys

all of these aren't BAD
I don't know about magicians and all the other stuff that's kinda of YA

Not OP.
I've re read it a few years ago. The first book is still pretty good, definitely worth a read.
I should re read the whole series tho.

Trust me, it's really fucking good, especially the first one and the later half of 2.
Extremely comfy read and it has many genres within the sci-fi genre if you're not so much into that.
I first read it when i was 14 and still revisit it sometimes.
I think what makes it different from all the other sci-fi books that it dosen't solely focus on muh worldbuilding and muh spayyce tech but on the philosophical/personal/political aspects of a future world

I haven't listened to these books. Are they worth it? I like Malazan and Stormlight Archives (but didn't like the mistborn book)

Why do people find the Shrike scary? He's goofy as shit.

Movie won't change the book.

Chill and ignore it if you have to.

Or check it out and be grateful you can see something "resembling" your favorite book.

Breddy much your only choices.

For the religious people the idea of tree of pain sounds like litera hell. And he can literally teleport behind you, slice you into pieces and nothing can save you.

The Shrike isn't scary. He's fucking awesome!

I read it in The Golden Age Of Sci-fi (12) (actually possibly slightly older. Still.) so...

Hell of I know.

I thought it was the coolest thing in the world then.

Because his behavior makes no sense unless you read book 3 and 4. It's really scary.

He is kinda spoopy, but it never scared me.
His tree did.

>Malazan
Did you finish the whole series.
I could barely get through the first one, not because they were bad but because of the pacing .

I like Stormlight and Mistborn. gotta read the recent Stormlight tho.

I think they're worth reading.

the problem is that I am too weak to resist watching it and if it does suck i will always remember the characters as portrayed by the actors

Hyperion was alright. The Endymion books are fucking trash.

The first book is a legitimate classic. The audiobook also has separate narrators for the main characters and their respective stories which is quite nice.