I HURT MYSELF TODAY

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-IV-A-New-Hope#tab=box-office
the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back#tab=box-office
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/12/12/review-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-a-gloomier-flawed-but-ultimately-successful-sequel/#26977ee92e79
businessinsider.com/disneys-powerful-marketing-force-social-media-moms-2015-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks good. What's the problem.

>1 fucking billion dollars
>duuuuh it bumbed lmao disney btfo

You're trying so hard to fight the greatest company in the history of movies.

>spending your free time adamantly fighting for the reputation of jewish billionaires
>for free
yikes

DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

what a fucking FLOP

Lots of garbage makes a lot of money.

It doesn't make it good.

more like trolling easy marks on Sup Forums

>i was only pretending to be retarded

>800 million less than the movie before it
>hurr durr a big number it's a huge success

KYS senpai

And once again Sup Forums is wrong. It passed a billion.

>2 years of hype vs. 40 years of hype

no fucking shit

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

And? Justin Bieber is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Does that make his music good?

You shilling faggots are really getting desperate.

i like this new meme: it's easy to filter out

40 years of hype?

I forget myself. It's completely possible you were born after summer 2005. Now your stupid comment makes sense.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>40 years hype

what? That's not how box office works dumbass. You don't get the biggest drop ever from a sequel and it's a dazzling success.

Last Jedi opened only 10% below TFA. Even if it made 20% less it would be explainable.

But 38% less? Haha, get fucked. It got beaten by FUCKING JUMANJI!! A film that opened only a week after it!! WTF. Even Rogue one didn't have a run this embarassing. Sing as huge moneymaker but Rogue One managed to stay on top of it everyday

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Try again.

And? When did I say it was good? Do you just start putting words in people's mouths when you have nothing to say?

Sup Forums said it would never pass a billion. It did. That's all I said soyboy.

This is the worst pasta of all time.

>REEEE ITS A FLOP CAUSE I SAY SOOO REEEEE
>WHY DONT YOU HATE THE MOVIE LIKE ME REEEEEE

It triggers the fuck out of people like you enough to post about it. It's accomplishing it's goal.

Do you understand how utterly pathetic it is that the only thing you chimps can come up with to defend this movie is hurr durr it made money?

یک تذکره پوشیده به عنوان یک استدلال محسوب نمیشود. من قبلا استدلالهای نمایشی را رد کردم. به من چیز دیگری بده

No, it really doesn't.

It's utterly cringeworthy watching you monkeys post it over and over again. You are literally more useless than a bot.

Ha ha ha. Didn't even break even. Get fucked Disney and you man-children who watch this garbage.

>Sup Forums said it would never pass a billion. It did. That's all I said soyboy.

Cute. Whoever said it wouldn't pass a billion doesn't know anything about Box Office. It would pass a billion on the virtue of being the TFA sequel alone, and this movie had tons of other shit like Leia's last performance, ending with a Cliffhanger and Luke.

It oppened only 10% less than TFA, there was nothing stopping it in making as much as TFA except bad word of mouth. It doesn't even have the Rogue One legs, as it only made 2% over Rogue One this weekend,it just keeps dropping

It's probably going to top out under $1.4 billion. Might even be closer to $1.3 billion. That's quite bad compared to TFA and Rogue One. That's at least $600 million in total gross gone. Might even be close to $800 million if TFA's total gross really was $2.2 billion, like some sites say.

It didn't flop but it absolutely underperformed. No way to spin it.

>I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Disney shills are getting more pathetic by the hour.

Star Wars made considerably less in it's first release. It was in cinemas again for years and got re-released five times, that's how it got to that number.

Empire destroys the Star Wars original release without re-releases

It's been over 2 weeks since it came out and hasn't finished its run. On what planet is 1 billion in 2 weeks considered a disappointment or failure? Talk to me at the end of the month when it takes in another half a billion dollars worldwide.

What are movies about a garbage truck going off a cliff?

I never defended it. You ok?

I merely said Sup Forums said it wouldn't go past a billion. It did. That's all I said soyboy.

You literally can't stop replying. This is what people want you know. You think people post pasta to get you laughing every time? That wouldn't happen even if it was funny because you're all joyless faggots. Much better to just trigger you. And once again you got triggered and replied.

>Empire destroys the Star Wars original release without re-releases
Empire was also rereleased several times over. Bring me the numbers for the initial runs of both movies and I might believe you.

>Cute. Whoever said it wouldn't pass a billion doesn't know anything about Box Office

And? All I said was Sup Forums said it wouldn't pass a billion. It did. Why does this cause you to post a retort? It passed it and there's nothing you can do about it.

Isn't it supposed to have made most of its money by now?... Is it seriously not even gonna come close to $1.5b? Jesus
Anyone who thinks Kennedy will still have a job after Solo is delusional. Anyone who thinks Rian's still getting his trilogy is mentally challenged

>Talk to me at the end of the month when it takes in another half a billion dollars worldwide

It's gonna get 1.35 tops. And it's a failure when it's the biggest drop from a sequel ever. Literally 750 million evaporated, when the chance to make those money back was there, but the good word of mouth wasn't

Only a jew scoffs at 1 to 1.5 billion. Sup Forums has hit a new low.

This is the mentality of a literal retarded person who pesters the teacher and pats themselves on the back for being a retarded nuisance.

TLJ sucked and all, but what retarded logic are you using ot call this a flop?

>$500m is like a no big deal
woah, check out moneybags here

>All I said was Sup Forums said it wouldn't pass a billion
do you have a single fact to back that up?

>it won't break 600m
>it won't break 800m
>it won't break 1b
>it won't break 1.5b it won't break 2b

>Using films from 30 years ago as comparisons

incorrect

You're embarrassing yourself shill.

I want to speak to your supervisor.

>it won't break 600m
>it won't break 800m
>it won't break 1b
No one ever said any of that seriously. You're a fucking moron or a transparent shill

It had the biggest decline but also the biggest opening weekend gross.

>dropped like a rock
>get beaten by Jumanji that got released only a week after
>to end in 800 million than the movie before it

Anyone who calls this a success is a retard

No one is triggered.

Seriously, are you 13?

>it won't break 600m
>it won't break 800m
>it won't break 1b
no
on
said
that

No. Nobody said it wouldn't pass a billion. It won't pass 1.5 though and you can cap this.

predict the flop solo box office

where the fuck do you even begin to find such data?

the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-IV-A-New-Hope#tab=box-office

the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back#tab=box-office

The numbers are the same the first...60 weeks of release. New Hope just gets bigger and bigger after the years of re-releases, while Empire not so much

>I'm too young to know how long ANH was in theatres for
lol

>>it won't break 600m
>>it won't break 800m
>>it won't break 1b
Said nobody ever. The most you had was discussion about what would happen if that were the case, never anyone treating those as anything but hypothetical.
And absolutely nobody ever, ever said it won't break 600m, that's just shit you made up.

1.2 billion box office. It will be considered a flop by Sup Forums because it didn't break 2 billion.

Nobody is saying it's a success. It's below expectations obviously. But people are pointing out that is isn't a flop, which would be retarded to say.

Nope. TFA beat that, too.
Disney's furious. This went 900 billion dollars under Disney's own conservative estimate.

>no on said that
?

>only barely pushed past its 800 million break-even mark
For Star Wars this is fucking embarrassing.

If a flop is something that didn't make it's budget back obviously not.

But it's not a good performance,a lot worse legs than Rogue One

So basically people like Empire less and didn't like it as much so they didn't pay to watch it as often? I don't quite get your point.

Jesus Christ this really is a pasta?
If you post actual evidence, then of course the assertion isn't bald.

It didn't cost 800 million to make, even if you factor in marketing.

He's a pajeet being paid 2 rupees per post.

1.2B certainly isn't a flop, but only bringing in 100M to 200M in profit depending on where you put the budget and marketing at is far from a success.
And when you add onto that upsetting the fanbase, alienating the audience so that they won't come back for episode 9, falling toy sales and the shit pile that is solo being up next, you'd have to be a fool to consider that anything but bad.

>expecting Sup Forums to know shit

Yeah no shit retard, a film that cost 800M to make would require 1.6B just to break even.
You don't think studios take 100% of the profit, do you?

Yes. But people are poking at OP saying it's a flop, which is retarded.

kek this is how stupid disney shills are

Yeah, he forgot to mention the 4 billion Disney payed for the rights.

No, empire didn't get re-released and wasn't in theaters nearly as much

Where are getting your numbers? How much do you think this cost to make? Do you seriously not expect it making more than a quarter billion in the next four weeks? Because it will.

but what was Empire's rt audience score?

I factored in international and theater costs, which effectively cuts that worldwide number in half.
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/12/12/review-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-a-gloomier-flawed-but-ultimately-successful-sequel/#26977ee92e79

>t.disney shill

He's saying that with marketing included it didn't cost 800 mil. Read more attentively. This movie did not cost 800 mil. Closer to 600.

It didn't get released as much because people didn't like it as much. Learn supply and demand.

You're retarded.
200 mil plus marketing is around 400 mil (probably more considering how much they spent on banana stickers alone).
So TLJ cost around 400 million dollars to make.
Now let's say the international box office was an even 800 mil. Around half of that is going to go to theatrical distribution and foreign costs.
The studio is left with 400 of that 800 mil, breaking even.
As it is now they've made about a 100 million dollars profit, a pisspoor return for a Star Wars mainline film.

The original guy didn't say what was causing the break even figure, he was factoring in the fact that Disney doesn't take home 100% of the ticket price. The guy you're defending is retarded and didn't understand that factor.

>Disney is owned by Viacom.
>no it's not
>t. disney shill

But doubling the number is grossly conflated. It's nowhere near 800 mil.

>Where are getting your numbers?
Basing them on how much it cost to make TFA and R1, in the 250-300M range. And standard marketing budget of 200M.
>How much do you think this cost to make?
Around 400-500M, meaning it needs roughly 800M-1B to break even, depening on how much of that is foreign vs domestic, since domestic cut for studios is much larger than foreign
No, he's saying it needs 800m to break even. For movies, break even isn't just reaching the money you put in. box office is split between studios and theaters. In domestic, it's usually 50/50, for foreign it's a wide range that's around 1/3-50/50. Because of this, standard rule of thumb for quick calcs is that to break even requires to make twice the production and marketing budget, since 50% of twice that is the cost put in. You can do more accurate calcs by looking at what the cuts in each country are to account for the difference in cuts in domestic vs. foreign, but nobody has time for that if they aren't autistic or getting payed.
This is box office economics 101, the fact you had to be spoonfed this shows you shouldn't be commenting on it.

Yeah, 30 years ago that amount was worth more. So it means even more

>grossly conflated
How can something be "grossly combined"
>It's nowhere near 800 mil.
People are guestimating based off TFA numbers and general standard because there is no real number. Saying it's nowhere near with the same lack of data is no more accurate though.

Sup Forums‘s most consistent prediction was $1.2 billion, which looks to be on the money seeing as China won’t save it.

No there are many other factors. Like the fact that the industry was changing, rise of VHS tapes, etc ec

It got a lot of mixed reviews during its release

I can not fathom how pathetic you have to be to go online and defend corporations like this. I get making fun of them and stuff but it truly baffles me that people would actually so aggressively defend it. I don't want to believe that there are actually people who are paid to come here and defend it but they're making it so damn hard. How could you be happy with your life engaging in pointless arguments with people whose minds you won't change for the sake of a corporation that doesn't care that you're alive?

You're right.
It's closer to an even billion.
Disney really was incredibly liberal with its marketing money.

>I don't want to believe that there are actually people who are paid to come here and defend it but they're making it so damn hard.
They aren't paid, they pay to do it.
Lower than the jannie: the disney mom, they don't just do it for free, they pay to do it
businessinsider.com/disneys-powerful-marketing-force-social-media-moms-2015-6

>we thought the soyboys were the problem
>it was fucking soccer moms all along

>That first paragraph
Now I'm just sad.

Only $1 billion to go before it catches up with The Force Awakens!

The only good thing that came out of TLJ discussions on Sup Forums is that I recognized Benicio Del Toro's face (didn't know the name) as a fine actor and decided to look up his other work and discovered Traffic (2000), a very good movie.

Haven't watched star wars newer movies and never will (not even pirating this garbage)