What the fuck is this meant to be about?

What the fuck is this meant to be about?

Surely the intelligent Redditors on here can tell me

Killer robot dogs protecting a teddy bear factory obviously.

Dude like what if the Boston Dynamics dogs turned evil whoa dude lmaoooo

Omg dude clever plot twist mindfucked bro!

>Robodogs apparently taken over the earth/the UK
>Can be shot and destroyed very easily

???

Is there a significance to the bears?

Brooker cannot write for shit. He's no where near as clever as he think he is.

just shows tommy was a kid. I had thought it was methadone or something.

Survival

>DUDE BOSTON DYNAMICS LMAO

Why would 3 adults risk and sacrifice their lives to retrieve a toy? Would've been more logical if the kid was dying and needed a rare kind of medicine or something.

Who is Tommy?

anyone have the terminator version of this?

no

idk maybe

no

The shitty apocalypse.

If the idea is that the dogs toppled society that seems too much. At the same time, I can see how they'd make foraging suicidal for groups of survivors.

Reposted from another thread

It had a purpose, that if a machine is programmed to murderify you without any sort of context than that's what it's going to do. It can't be begged against, reasoned with or bargained for a lesser sentence, you can't even offer it something like the location of others, it's just got one purpose and it's going to do it.

But then they had to fuck it up by having it pull the dumb horror cliches because they just couldn't figure out a way to survive it otherwise.
>Oh it has her cornered in the car on the edge of a cliff. Well, it has that whole sight thing where it can see rocks and the like, I'm sure it'll just push-
>I mean now that it broke the glass I'm sure it'll just shoot her since she's point blank
>I mean now that it jumped inside it'll blast her leg and at least then it'll-
>Nope, it just jumps into the worst spot and fucks around long enough that she could escape and it falls with the car.

It could've been "Terminator but right to the point and terrifying" but instead it was "Survive against the tiger/crocodile/puma/whatever in every animal attack movie but the animal is a robot doggo" Right down to climbing a damn tree to escape it.

What a waste.

>But then they had to fuck it up by having it pull the dumb horror cliches because they just couldn't figure out a way to survive it otherwise.

Hey, that's the secret best part of the episode.

The car situation defeats the robot but not the woman. This was chosen carefully as the one point where she outmatches it in a 'fair fight'. It's a situation where a robot wouldn't do as well as any animal, realistically. And had she gone to the crashed car, she could have destroyed it. And if she noticed it was missing it's killing paw, she would have changed her tactics.

As it was, she couldn't press home any minor victories because there were just too many dogs, and killing one was not as important as preventing them from tracking you.

And they sketched a decent idea of how they destroyed the world when they showed the dogs activating the car and opening the doors of the house more easily than the humans. Day One was every drone crashing into a human. Day Two was dogs clearing out cities.

>It could've been "Terminator but right to the point and terrifying" but instead it was "Survive against the tiger/crocodile/puma/whatever in every animal attack movie but the animal is a robot doggo" Right down to climbing a damn tree to escape it.

Actually good point. I'd have said 'make it twenty minutes long and fast as hell' or 'make it an hour long and have some extended scenes with the humans'.

Yeah the car on the cliff and the tree scenes were horribly cliche. And robodog should have shot those trackers at her in the first place instead of waiting until it died.

Robodogs = cops
Protagonists = black americans

They have a finite amount of trackers. If the dogs randomly go off after they appear to be dead, this makes finishing them off or scavenging from them much harder.

Right at the end it was operating with one set of trackers remaining, and one missing killing paw. It held off on using the trackers until it wasn't able to physically track her any more. Good boy.

dogs = mines in a mine field

protags = poor bastards stuck in a fucked up slow motion mine field

The car and tree scenes were supposed to cause arguments.

There is no guarantee that the dog can even injure her. It only ever kills with that one leg that was damaged in the car crash. If it got up the tree all it would have done would be stick her with trackers and maybe make her fall, injuring her.

It was waiting patiently because there were more dogs on the way.