Best Posters of 2017

What are your favourite movie posters of 2017?

I'll start.

#10.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77512203/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/63472146/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51328205/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/40073206/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#9.

#8.

#7.

#6.

#5.

#4.

Why does the poster just make me feel like "personal shopper" is Chinese euphemism for she's a hooker and she regrets all her life choices

#3.

Isnt this an ed yang film from 91?

#2.

#1.

>greta gerwig
OH NO NO NO AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>Aronofsky
Absolute hack

>CAPESHIT

Yes, but the poster is from 2017; it was designed for the recent Korean re-release of the movie, you can see the date in the top right corner.

the pusy poster

Learn to read, idiot.

Did you see it Kim?

>no cast/face
>no movie locations
>spoilerless
>no red-blue/teal-orange colors
>just sarcophagus in plane cargohold
movie aside, gotta say this was a great poster, quite different to usual movie posters

/fa/ as fuck, really nice poster

I wish more officials were like this, fucking producers too pussy to not put faces on. If anything it makes me want to see it more.

based

KINO

ye me too
but we are "rare kind of" guys who probably don't watch trailers either

I like this version more desu.

Looks nothing like her to be honest.

Also, illustration style posters are low effort in general.

>drawing takes less effort than taking a photo

What are you, some sort of faggot?

>artistic effort is purely mechanical

>goalposts

what a kino poster for a kino

kino all around tbqh

Your top 3 posters are illustrations, dumbo

Thor you really are a faggot

Why would you assume I was talking about mechanical effort to begin with? Making art is not a competition of how much calories you burn and how much time you spend on a piece.

To make a competent illustration style poster is much easier, from the creative point of view, than to design a good photo/collage style poster.

This flick worth marathoning?

That is true, although "All the Money in the World" is mixed technique. It is an exceptional year in this regard.

If you check my previous lists, you will see that that hasn't happened before for me.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77512203/ (2016)
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/63472146/ (2015)
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51328205/ (2014)
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/40073206/ (2013)

You're mistaking constraints for creativity. I bet you think lipograms are the apex of literature.

wow, your shitty taste hasn't changed in years, that's almost impressive.

Wow he's gonna punch a fucking hippo and some tigers' lights out?

>Also, illustration style posters are low effort in general.
>he says as he posts a completely CGI poster of Spiderman
Is this post-post-irony?

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I will elaborate further as my wording probably wasn't perfect.

I just feel like most illustration style posters are kind of lazy from the artistic point of view ( is a good example), since most people find even the most trite illustration work pretty looking and will buy any minimalist Mondo poster or whatever.

As a result, the people designing photo/collage style posters try harder to design more striking and lasting images. But, of course, like I said, this year is an exception.

It's so distracting that he's just a T-shirt
Also is that the world's biggest blow up doll behind him?

I don't know who's worse, the pretentious Thor, or the nigger Krager

No one cares what you think you cum guzzling tripfaggot

A photo/collage is constrained by the images or details already being made and being facsimiles of real objects. A painting or drawing can be made in whatever way the artist desires, leaving more room for creativity. Of course photo/collages can be manipulated to a point far away from reality.
There is nothing striking about the photo/collage posters you've posted though. And that Personal Shopper drawing poster is also a bad example of illustrative posters because the style looks amateurish. I consider this poster more interesting than this

havent seen this but the poster is kino

do it, it's fantastic

>I consider this poster more interesting than this (You)

Well, then you consider a photo/collage poster more interesting than an illustrative one, so I'm kind of lost regarding what we're arguing about here.

>Of course photo/collages can be manipulated to a point far away from reality.

>Kevin Spacey

very nice

I'm pretty sure the bust in the picture was designed after Spacey's image too, as it looks closer to him than the actual Getty. Which gives the poster an amazing vintage quality--would be really cool to show off this one on your wall!

Why would you want to show off a pedophile on your wall?

>looks nothing like her

she's on a fucking profile shot duh of course you're not gonna immediately see her as stewart. i did because i've drawn her profile shot too. there is literally nothing wrong with the artwork, is probably one of the better posters itt. but what can i expect from a hack trip

>artistic effort is purely mechanical
>Looks nothing like her to be honest.

its almost like you don't know shit about what you're talking about and are just pulling shit out of your ass hmm

See The guy tries to proof it does indeed look like her by talking about profiles and drawing from a mechanical point of view.

But my problem was that it didn't look like Stewart in general, didn't feel like her, if you will, nor like her character for that matter. Like I said, art is NOT purely mechanical, and I don't see how my assessment regarding the drawing not translating Stewart's image in a accurate manner contradicts that.

it was better than the film

>one of my favorite movies in recent years
>no decent posters

worst post of 2018 so far

Shit movie but kino poster.

Good movie too