Harry Potter series is thousand times better than Star Wars

>It has well developed indepth characters
>None of SJW bullshit
>Villain is a badass
>People can relate to it.

Admit it crap wars is a fictional shithole in space that no one can relate to.

This will be an interesting thread

D U L L E S T

True.

But Star Wars was made up by some soyboy nerd 40 years ago and Rowling had a 20 year advantage to figure out proper storytelling techniques.

I enjoy these films. The first time I ever fingerblasted a girl was to a marathon of these movies. Also I enjoy watching Emma Watson sexually mature within a days worth of film.

Deathly hallows PT1 and prisoner of Azkaban were the only two I didn't really like

"No!"

>unironically saying "fingerblasted"
Virgin detected.

Can someone post the Harold Bloom leg-stretching copypasta already?

Harry Potter is literally just Star Wars for girls.

Are you a girl, OP?

no pasta yet?

First 2 Harry Potter movies give you such a magical feeling of wonder, its overall much better than star wars, but Sorcerers Stone and Chamber of Secrets are kino

Someone post it

Harry Potter films are some of the worst things I’ve ever had the displeasure of viewing in my miserable life

Honestly, it kinda is. Looking it at a pure mathematical way.

>Star Wars
>2-3 good movies out of 9

>Harry potter
>5-6 good movies out of 9

Harry Potter movies ended completely in 2011, way before this SJW shit started happening

2012 was truly the end of the world and the birth of the sjw internet. Harry Potter came out and finished at the perfect time.

>more in depth characters
maybe in the books but film Harry, Ron and Hermione have half the wit, charm and likeability of Luke, Han and Leia. Leia/Han >>>>> Ron/Hermione, that's for fucking sure

Why were the first two films, in both series, so much better than the rest?

>Prisoner of Azkaban
>not the GOAT

join us when you're out of high school OP. and when you lose weight you ugly fat chick. harry potter is girly shit for bitches with no friends

The only thing this series accomplishes is being the dullest one. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

That's when the series became blue and grey.

based

harry potter fans can not refute this

We stil have the fantastic beasts thing.

I only open Harry Potter threads to see if this was posted, bump it and then immediately leave

Anybody have the footage of Rik Mayall as Peeves?

Same desu

>Invisible Man and 1984 above literally Hamlet
This is the subtle bait

Great Gatsby is pompous shit

You know when one is happy how everything seems to matter less? And when one is sad everything matters a lot more? This is the latter but they're rich and still sad because everyone else is rich too

>>It has well developed indepth characters
>>None of SJW bullshit
>>Villain is a badass
>>People can relate to it.
*inhales*

Harry Potter was SJW before there was a name for it.

>None of SJW bullshit
um

What films was OP watching? Or did it just all go over his head?

Reading this made me go and stretch and my legs

LMAO

>The only thing this series accomplishes is being the dullest one
Opinion.

>has been indistinguishable from the others
Wrong. They are very distinctive and only blind people or someone that have not paid attention would say that.

>Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency
The "glooming imagery" grows from movie to movie from a fun and color vibrant imagery of the first ones. This also proves wrong your last argument.

>ts lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert
The Harry Potter series is the only one which CGI is never complained about, and directors managed to craft incredible action in every piece.

>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
That's just how you feel about ir. No facts, no points whatsoever. Useless text.

>the books
They're for kids and teens and not the point of the thread

Next.

>great gatsby
>god tier

Your opinion is invalidated.

Seeing newfags get b8ed by this every damn time is just icing on the cake

>no Clifford
You're losing your touch

>Tolkien
>shit tier

whoever made this will probably burn in hell

the first 2 were genuinely good comfy movies. the rest turned magic wands into pew pew spark guns. straight up retarded. what happened to the magic.

Gay opinions.

>baited
Are you fucking stupid?

Disregard that, i suck cocks and didn't notice this subhuman

IT'S OVER HARRY, WE HAVE THE HIGH GROUND.

Potterfags should not be tolerated

Good shit user