Bojack

Fuck this show, fuck this show so fucking much, fuck the autoplay on netflix, fucking going to the next episode before I finished crying

iktf

>Fuck this show, fuck this show so fucking much, fuck the autoplay on netflix, fucking going to the next episode before I finished crying

>Marathon the office on netflix, knowing nothing about it expecting a good time
>Never fell so empty and alone in my life

>tfw just like Bojack without the money

Why would you cry? Or why is this show so acclaimed anyway?

I binged it recently, all four seasons, and I liked it well enough. But for me, it clearly peaked around seasons 2 and 3, and there were things I never learned to like, for example, some of the stupid dialogue, the crude animations, and the character of Todd.

I'm also baffled why everyone seems to think that BoJack (or Diane, or) in this show are depressed? They are not! A depressed person can't get out of bed, but these characters and out and about, doing stuff with their lives.

It would be faster to say that you're ugly.

I literally don't even understand what that means.

You sound like you know a lot about depression.

>you know a lot about depression
And I do! Granted, "depression" is a bit of a blanket term, but I still don't understand why it is brought up so many times in relation to this show. Is this how normies see depression, or something?

One article at least had the courtesy of calling our heroes "highly functioning" with their depression, but still, that's a clear cop out.

Todd is so fucking trash. Holy fuck. Show is ok though, I'll watch new seasons

why do you even give a shit about people's use of that term? Also, someone who spends every day getting blackout drunk and hating themselves is obviously someone who can be discussed as having depression. Just because your depression prevents you from leaving the house doesn't mean that nobody else has it you bitchboy.

If this show makes you cry, you are a pussy. Not just a pussy, but a pitiful, dribbling, gaping, beating red pussy.

I give a shit for personal reasons. But that's not important. I just honestly would like to know, why this show is so often said to be about a depressed horse? It's so misleading and odd.

It isn't misleading though. The show is about miserable, broken characters. That is inarguable and your moaning that other people see something differently than you is pathetic. You probably also go into Mr Robot threads and cry about how a nerd has sex with women right? I really encourage you to try to get outside of your own head, sounds like you have self-defeating ways of thinking.

i watched 1 episode, maybe 1.5 and it was the most annoying shit ever.
(and i like will arnett jackass shtick he does in every role ever)

Id argue the characters arnet "classically" depressed in the sense you just used where they are one bad day away from ending it, but more
>ive peaked in my life and no lead a vast, empty existence where nothing is important to me and Im left unfulfilled
the problem is the show centers around celebrities and movie stars who are filthy rich but still two faced and miserable. We see this real life all the time
>comics like Louis CK or jim carey going from dick jokes to wanting to be 2deepfu
>pop stars like miley cyrus, brittney spears or katy perry shaving their heads and wanting to be political feminists even though they are famous for songs about their vaginas

the average person cant relate to that level of wealth so it alienates most of us, accept those that understand the feeling of lonely un-fulfillment. But as a plot device its easier to make stories around famous people with vast disposable incomes rather then a middle aged man working in retail or an office cubicle

>this thread

well then I guess you can call me Gilbert Gape

we all lead vast, empty existences bro

>The show is about miserable, broken characters. That is inarguable
True, so why is "depression" brought up so often? What BoJack suffers from is a case of an inflated ego and loss of direction in his life.

>You probably also go into Mr Robot threads and cry about how a nerd has sex with women right?
I would, but I dropped the show after the first episode. The guy bangs chicks and does drugs right of the bat! I mean, come on.

>the average person cant relate to that level of wealth so it alienates most of us
You are right on the money here. And I don't think it's a bad show - in fact, I find most of the characters and their lives pretty interesting. But it just irks me to no end, when people say this show is "about depression", because I just can't see it that way.

this, its basically "sad rich people the show" which degrades into the never ending debate that rich people cant be unhappy and arent allowed to be miserable because they are rich and famous

Depression varies. There's some video of Chester Bennington laughing with his family a few days before he killed himself. Depression isn't simple.

No Bojack can't make himself happy despite what he does. He spends periods drinking and fucking and even achieves some level of success and fame but still can't be happy. Unlike Mr. Peanut butter

Exactly. This is clearly seasonal affective disorder as described by Michael's depression.

So, let me get this straight: your argument is that if someone can't make themselves happy, they are depressed? That's your definition?

Well, thanks for the input, I guess. But simply being unhappy doesn't make someone depressed.

I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying. Todd is garbage and seasons 2 and 3 are by far the best. However, I think for the most part the characters are good and fresh every season, both season 1 and 4 have some real high points, and the show at its best is really incredible.

Your points on depression are stupid though.

Depression police on Sup Forums tonight

I hope you mean the UK office

Just doing my job, citizens.

I guess Todd was, at least originally, meant to be "the relatable character" for all millennial slackers. And I thought he might grow when they revealed his tragic backstory - but then the whole thing is either forgotten, or it wasn't real to begin with, who knows? And more "lol random" humour ensues.

Bojack shit man is for retards. the only people I know that have told me to watch it are either faggots or burn out retards. fuck you for even giving something this retarded a chance.

you're a poofter dylan neck yourself

BH kind of sucks as a whole. Seems like 80% of the show surrounded is eye rolling social commentary, wacky sidetracks and lame puns. The narrative isn't compelling enough to make up for all the shit its surrounded by