Let's settle this once and for all- quality of acting aside...

Let's settle this once and for all- quality of acting aside, are Matt Lanter and Hayden's Christensen's versions of Anakin close enough in character to be considered the same person?

I flip flop on this myself. My answer varies episode to episode, as I feel that TCW Anakin is written differently depending on the writer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I miss Ahsoka

I consider TCW Anakin to be the true Anakin. Anyone else agree?

I like both and I think they could be considered the same character in mostly every episode

>true Anakin
Little autistic there mate. His character is heavily informed by PT Anakin, it's just how it works.

Looking back at the show as a whole I say yes.

He definitely is believable as episode 3 Anakin, but he's absolutely nothing like Episode 2

I dunno I'm just started pirating clone wars tell u later when I catch up.

TCW Anakin is like a completely different character. It's like the writers didn't bother watching episodes 1, 2, and 3.

almost agree, with the caveat being that TCW Anakin feels like Hayden in the opening act of RotS.

I just treat it as how darker Anakin gets and really, that's what actually happens. They only feel different only because you're used to seeing the straightforward approach to his character in the films before. You never actually thought they were going to delve deep into his character with a cartoon.

Isn't the point of of TCW that having ahsoka as padawan turned him into a father figure. something he had never truly had? (except obi wan) And when the order turned on ahsoka he never quite trusted them to the same degree again? Ofcourse we don't truly see that since the series was cut short but still.

>Ofcourse we don't truly see that since the series was cut short but still.
We actually kind of do.
youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg
They never finished the animation, but this is considered canon, and it's a nice scene.

still looks better than star wars rebels cgi. god, i hate that shitty-looking kiddie show.

Meh, the textures are higher rez in Rebels.

>The virgin school shooter Annie VS the chad General Skywalker

More or less. During the show we saw his mental state deteriorating with Ahsoka barely keeping him sane. Her departure basically pulled the rug out from under him and sent him on a one-way trip to sheev city.

the guy who played Anakin in II and III didn't act. he read his lines in a monotonic voice, Lucas looked up from his value meal and said "good enough, we can fix it with the computer. "

Not sure about the cartoon, never saw it, its probably why I don't give a shit about the prequel movies, all the character development was probably it the Clone Wars series.

The cartoon version is better.

It's ironic that the Anakin who looks like a wooden puppet actually feels more like a real person and a well built character than Hayden Anakin.

This.

TCW Anakin is more shallow than movie Anakin though. Especially in the early seasons.

why not just let Disney animate this? Use it as flashback, something.

wait a sec this is actually good

quite sad how a scrapped cartoon has more potential than the billion dollar production disney has given birth to

As far as I'm concerned TCW is the only thing worthwhile form the prequel era.

Is Anakin the most kino character ever?

It's shocking just how little money Disney put into Rebels.

But most things about TCW from the designs of everything to the current status quo come from the PT.

>Hello, Anakin Skywalker here

>Luckily that isn't true, and never will be

>Not very well, I imagine. Luckily that isn't true, and never will be.
>You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!
;_;

>all those tragic and painfulbased clonetrooper deaths
>Pong Krell making the clones attack and kill each other
>the entire Bad Batch ordeal
>that one genetically crippled clone trooper who still fights and sacrifices himself
>Republic Commando feels
>dead padewan feels
>all that ominous foreshadowing as we watch Anakin spiral down towards the path of the sith
>we even get Ventress feels
>Ashoka feels
>Fives's death

Christ, this show really knew how to bring out the emotions.

As much as I still feel that the complaints about the PT are overblown, I have to admit that an entire series of Obi and Ani broing it up didn't hurt the impact of RotS.

Even worse is that Forces of Destiny crap. Greedy mouse fuckers can't spare a few million to make something nice for the kids?

Yeah, I disagree about Rebels looking bad, but Forces of Destiny looks like 8 year old chinese sweatshop slaves make it.