James Cameron's The Hindenburg

Has there every a movie been made in the form of Jame's Cameron's The Titanic, but aboard the Hindenburg?

Like a man and a woman, or two men, or two women fall in love aboard the Hindenburg and try to survive the disaster before all of the blump burns or crashes?

If not, do you think there will ever be such a movie? If no Cameron shouold make one and just call it The Hindenburg and once again star Leonardio Dicaprio and Cate Blanchett but as entirely new characters but this time have Leonardo's character survive.

Thoughts?

BUMP

despite the theatrics, the hindenburg wasn't such a large loss of life like the titanic was

That... actually has some potential.
Keep it historically accurate and don't appeal to the liberal millennials and you have a great film.

There was at least 1 movie. It was some conspiracy stuff I think.

Were there any survivors on the Hindenburg?

>Of the 97 people on board (36 passengers and 61 crewmen), there were 35 fatalities (13 passengers and 22 crewmen). One worker on the ground was also killed, raising the final death toll to 36.

lmao, who the fuck would wasting time making movie about this shit

They made a movie about that one dude who got trapped in some hole while hiking or mountain climbing or something, yet survived.

>Cate Blanchett

How did anyone survive, they blew up in the sky....?

I really want to see a movie about Mrs O'Leary's Cow and the great Chicago fire that was started in her barn, but from the cow's perspective.

Also, Titanic took hours to sink, whereas Hindenberg burned in mere seconds. The climax would be over almost before it started.

They were in the process of mooring. The drop was only a couple of hundred feet, and the fall was comparatively gradual.

The whole story about the cow was made up by a reporter, though.

I did see a movie about the Hindenburg and I think it was somewhat like what you were proposing. It was a cheap made-for-TV movie made in the 70s or 80s and I watched it because I wanted to see how they filmed the destruction. As it started to explode, the film went to black & white and then they used the actual recording of the wreckage. It was so cheap and shitty and I loved it.

No it wasn't there were several eye witnesses, there was a poker game being played in the barn that night and the O'Leary boys were getting drunk, one of them scared the cow who shattered the fire lamp thing and it started the fire, people found broken glass and the burnt fire lamp at the scene of the crime.

It is absolutely undisputed that the fire started in her barn.

people don't survive faling hundreds of feet in the air, maybe ten or twenty feet tops.

Jesus fucking Christ, just Google "survivors of the Hindenburg." Nearly 2/3 of the people on board survived. Does it matter how far or fast the fucking thing dropped? No. Because at the end of the day, 2 out of 3 people made it off the damned thing. Oh the humanity!

You're conflating two separate stories.

The fire did indeed start in the O'Leary barn.

The story about gambling going on in the barn is believed to be correct, but it's thought that one of the men (probably Louis Cohn) knocked the lantern over, not the cow (if indeed a lantern was the cause, which is not certain).

The story about the cow was that it had kicked the lantern while Mrs. O'Leary was milking it, but in reality Mrs. O'Leary was asleep in bed at the time. The Tribune reporter who first reported that story eventually (more than 20 years later) admitted that he'd fabricated it.

They didn't fall hundreds off feet at normal gravity rates, though, leastwise not the people who stayed on board and didn't jump. Have you ever even watched the footage? The airship gradually crashed to the ground over the course of about 30 seconds. Most of the people who died did so due to burns. The only people who died due to falling were ones who jumped to escape the fire.

IN THE DAYS OF MY YOUTH I WAS TOLD WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MAN

There was still a cow present, so indeed there was a Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

has anyone asked the cow to make a statement?

I didn't say there wasn't a cow. I said the story about the cow starting the fire, while famous, was made up. No one would give a shit about the cow if not for that myth.

There was a cow there and I'm sure it warned people as it mooed in agony from the flames and smoke inhalation.

The cow survived.

How do you know? How do you know it wasn't another cow that was used to replace the O'Leary cow to make her look innocent.

What happened to the Hindenberg to make it blow up? Were little boys farting and playing with matches in the engine room or something?

so it was either a jew or an irish cow

this would be a great in a who done it format

Somebody has been reading late 1990s Mad Magazine.