Bone Tomahawk or Brawl in Cell 99?

Bone Tomahawk or Brawl in Cell 99?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSdquGNbU1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bone Tomahawk drags a little too much. Not something I'm itching to watch again. Brawl is a bit of a slow burn as well, but those fight scenes are just ridiculously awesome. I can finally say that I'm a Vince Vaughn fan. Can't wait for Zahler's next flick.

Bone Tomahawk. I couldn't get over how much of a cuckold Vince's character is in Cell Block 99. He gets himself a dozen other men killed over a woman who cheated on him and a kid that probably isn't his. I was turned off from the very beginning.

At least in Bone Tomahawk the woman that everyone dies trying to save is worth saving.

I liked Brawl in Cell block 99 a little more

Bome Tomahawk, no question.

Bone Tomahawk was friggan' awful .

Brawl in Cell 99.
Both are good tho.

I Tomahawk, in terms of originality and execution, but I love them both. I'm really psyched for the stuff this guy's putting out. It's a pity there aren't more writers/directors like him out there.
youtube.com/watch?v=bSdquGNbU1A

Bone Tomahawk was better

Haven’t seen Bone Tomahawk but Brawl In Cell Block 99 was a fucking masterpiece.

I'm just dropping into this thread to say that I watched pic related based on Zahler's review talking it up on imdb, and it's easily my favorite anime I've ever seen now. Admittedly, I say that as someone who generally hates anime.

Bone Tomahawk is totally better, though.

Bone Tomahawk is much better.

Bone Tomahawk doesn't turn into a parody of itself halfway through so I'll go with that.

someone post the webms of Vince Vaughn in Brawl in Cell 99 to shut up these shills

zahler's DUNE when?
zahler's ALAMO when?
zahler's 3001 when?

1. brawl in cell block 99 - 8/10
2. bone tomahawk - 6/10

i haven't seen bone tomahawk but i think brawl in cell 99 might be a little unrealistic
i'm sure arms don't break that easily

Don't do this because it would spoil the movie and ruin the perfect slow burn it has going for it.

This guy really loves people getting killed in burtal ways

>unrealistic
is there a bigger pleb-filter than this? why do you watch movies in first place? are you that insecure and autistic?

>is there a bigger pleb-filter than this?
Not using capital letters. It's like you people want to be stupid.

He obviously is a sadist. That shit with the "wives" in bone tomahawk and the whole "cripple your fetus" idea in brawl are such fap fantasies.

you have to go baaak

Bone Tomahwawk if it didn't have the retarded screeching

>He obviously is a sadist.
I don't get the vibe that he is at all. Certain directors seem to show violence for no other reason than that they think it's 'cool', and it's clear their intention is just for the viewer to revel in it. Tarantino comes to mind. That's how a sadist views violence.

Zahler clearly wants the viewer to feel fucking terrified for our heroes when we see the scalping and halving scene in Bone Tomahawk.

>Sup Forums will defend this
Zahler, you seem like a likeable guy. Why don't you do a Q&A or something? The shilling is really embarrassing.

Better than Shigurui HAHAHAHAH nigga pls

watch pic related if you liked shigurui

Why did throughout the whole movie they make it seem like Vince Vaugn is a ripped badass, i get hes really tall but is he really that fit?

what the fuck is THAT

It's like watching a fighting game and one player just going afk in the middle of the match

That's the movie people in this thread are calling "a fucking masterpiece". Fun fact: the director shill here.

The MC in Cell Block 99 is a bit of a retard. Also Vince Vangue can hardly act.

>Better than Shigurui
No, better than Brawl in Cell Block 99. Shigurui was fucking amazing. Bone Tomahawk was still pretty damn great though.

As for your pic related, I'll give it a go. I've seen it recommended a couple of times, it looks like it will at least be worthwhile.

That's not how physics work at all

Hahahahahaha
How the fuck can anyone call this a masterpiece with a straight face?
It's like someone gave a bunch of film school flunkies a budget.

Who doesnt love to watch though?

Nah, sadists dont think violence is "cool", they see it as a representation and proof of power and control.

Mutilating a woman until she is just a husk used to make babies is something a sadist would love.

Oh and of course he liked Shigurui, which is basically a social commentary using the metaphors of sadism and masochism for the power dynamics of japanese society.
Bet he loved Ichi the killer and Blade of the immortal as well.

I felt so bad when he broke the first guard's arm, he seemed like a great guy ;_;

I'm pretty sure he could have gotten to red leaf without breaking the guy's arm.

just on't expect gore. it's a comfy slice of life

The thing that bothered me the most in Brawl was Vince going back to help the police in the shootout,they shouldve come up with another way for him to get arrested and on the mexicans bad side.
Bone Tomahawl was pretty good,the slow pace was really well done

I thought that'd piss me off, but I think it was implied in that scene that Vince's character had cheated too. When she says about how he used to "go out drinking and stay out late."

Bone Tomahawk is the better film.

Bone Tomahawk. It didn't substitute violence for story. Brawl lost it's way once he goes to prison. Bone Tomahawk had a better balance of levity with the annoying but likable old man and old timey Jack Shepard. The woman was also worth saving.