Does 2049 disprove that decker is a replicant?

does 2049 disprove that decker is a replicant?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/ridley-scott-blade-runner-2049-opinion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it leaves it ambiguous, like the original.

I thought the unicorn confirmed he was robot man

not necessarily

ridley scott is already chimping out and saying 2049 isn't canon

They make some nice nods to it that seem to push it one way or the other, but they’re all up for interpretation.

Fucking seriously? He needs to just accept it for what it is and not make any more Alien movies.

Deckard being a replicant has always been a retarded idea that adds nothing to the original film.

He’s just butthurt that Dennis made kino while he was off making the abomination that was Alien: Covenant.

>Did it never occur to you that's why you were summoned in the first place?
>Designed to do nothing short of fall for her right then and there.
>All to make that single perfect specimen.
>That is, if you were designed.

ridley says deckard is a replicant which means that deckard is not a replicant.

Fuck off, Ridley.

>ridley scott is already chimping out and saying 2049 isn't canon
Source

It proved it.

at the ocean wall, does deckard break the cuffs? the answer to that very question is the same for the replicant theory

From what I remember it's at least proven by K and Deckard not needing masks in Las Vegas.

>Companies will always fail.

>One motivated and fanatic man is more powerful than 1000 men.

>All companies care about is to increase their profits and stock value.

>You need to be obsessed and dedicated with the idea of creating a perfect SAI.

>You need something that these companies will never truly have.

>That's a god complex.

>There two kinds of men, slaves and creators.

>We, the creators, are the definition of god. We create, we create something bigger than ideologies, something bigger than empires, and something bigger than humanity itself.

>We create new life. Not human life, artificial life.

>More human than human.

what did Wallace mean by this?

it literally says that they are in an area of low radiation
pay attention you retarded plebs and these kinds of threads wouldnt be necessary
fucking miss the old threads where dumbasses who didnt even bother to watch the movie in theater werent saying the most retarded shit

Anything else you can tell me?
He wasn't long for this world
How so?
Something in his eyes

Wallace believes that he is an intergalactic God. But we don't know if he lives on Earth or another planet. He could be 30 seconds from Mars for all we know.

Wallace didn't even know what colour her eyes were. Guy was speaking completely out of his ass.

>ridley scott is already chimping out and saying 2049 isn't canon
he can fuck right off. Its based on a book anyway.
The book flat out states that hes a human, he even passes a Voight-Kampff test to become a blade runner IIRC. Altho the movie is so far removed from the book i dont suppose that means anything.
At this stage its just a cock tease and i doubt they'll ever confirm it one way or another because that will piss off the other fan base. I think they handled it perfectly in 2049 by not showing eye shine but having his old partner make that origami sheep

>Its based on a book anyway.
no it isnt

Pripyat right now has a low background count, are you going to risk your sperm count prancing about in there without a toxin mask and accoutrements because pshh it's only low? I'll wire you 500 usd if you do.

No, the eye making guy was killed in the first film

It leaves it unclear, because nobody except Scott says that Deckard is a Replicant, but Villeneuve don't want to make Scott angry either.

But yeah, Deckard is pretty much not a Replicant.

>He could be 30 seconds from Mars for all we know.

>Ridley Scott Thinks Blade Runner 2049 Was “F***ing Way Too Long”

>“It was fucking way too long,” he declared (the film’s run time is two hours and 44 minutes). “Fuck me! And most of that script’s mine.”

>“When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid.”

>“You can get me for my fee, which is heavy, but I’ll be under budget and on time,” Scott said. “This is where experience does matter, it’s as simple as that! It can make you dull as dishwater, but if you’re really experienced and you know what you’re doing, it’s fucking essential.”

Butthurt is an understatement. Ridley hasnt made a good movie in a fucking decade and is jelly someone could actually make a competent sequel

wtf they live in a fantasy world
for all we know they literally have radaway packets or something like that.
point is that deckard couldnt break the cuffs while k did so effortlessly
deckard is a human

ok its a loose adaptation of a book...happy?

This reads like one Sup Forums's writefags talking out of a meme celebrity's mouth. I hope it's legit, grumpy old man Scott would be funny

which one?
btw the sequel books are direct sequels to the movie and not sequels to the book and arent even canon anymore

read it for yourself my dude

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/ridley-scott-blade-runner-2049-opinion

deckard is an older model, not all models across all generations have a pinned-down standard characteristic. using what the internal logic of the movies show you instead lol fantasy is the mark of a mature viewer. wtf lol

you didnt even tell the joke right you fag

Like many things in the movie, it is left to your interpretation.

honestly you are debating whether deckard is a replicant and it just goes to show how fucking stupid you really are
so shut your shit up about "mature viewer" when your dumbass cant pay attention for more than 5 minutes

probably just wants a larger cut of the royalties so he's stinking it up in public until he gets what he wants

radiation stumped you, old boy, i am marking that one down
>no
>answer
>for
>lack
>of
>radiation
>mask
Deckard's a skinjob, it's the reason Ford took up the role. Next!

>
>
>
>
fucking childish
sure thing kiddo, he was a robot

anytime doddering oldtimer. i knew you were too chickenshit to take me for 500 usd, thanks for letting me keep it.

Stop samefagging your own retarded post

at least im not an idiot :^)
>HUR DUR PUERTO REPLICAN DICKERD
lol dumbass

This. Although ultimately I like the idea of leaving it ambiguous and up to the viewer.

Stop being a little cry baby bitch because someone made me chuckle.
How do you know that the radiation is lethal? Nukes come in all different types and sizes and the radiation could of gone down to a safe level.
I even think the robot thing he has on his car even says "Radiation: Nominal"

surely critics and producers in Hollywood know by now that hes past his prime and can no longer be relied upon to make decent films. He can only trade on his name for so long until people are forced to admit that he hasn't made a decent flick since your own personal opinion about when he went shit. But no later than 2012 when Prometheus came out

>it literally says that they are in an area of low radiation
Then why do other people need masks? Why doesn't anyone else live there?

>Stop being a little cry baby bitch because someone made me chuckle.
Stop samefagging like a faggot

because its a cloud that moves like a fog... idk i didnt write this movies i just watched it and paid attention you idiot
come to your own conclusions

sometimes people laugh at jokes. theres no need to be upset on a Tongan basket weaving forum. Its just the internet

>took him this look to doctor an image
You didn't even tell the joke right... FAG LOL

My conclusion is that Deckard is a replicant and you weren't paying attention.

but hes not & no u
only a retarded faggot would think otherwise

4/10 no (you) for you. You need to work on your trolling its far too obvious. Only rated a 4 because you managed to get me to reply

And now the bait is obvious.

>durr its radiation
>durr it's a cloud that moves like a fog
Fuck off.

this is why they will never confirm it 1 way or another. It creates too much discussion. Even the production team during the first movie couldn't agree. And apparently Ford and Scott still argue about it to this day when its brought up in front of them. I honestly dont think the film would of been as popular if they had of just come out and said it during the first film.

@92661688
youre a stupid faggot and you didnt even tell the joke right
the joke goes
>hur dur niander was a hologram like joi
>hur dur he could be actually off world
>hur dur for all we know hes 30 SECONDS FROM MARS HAHRIUHJRJQHAHAHAKJRKJFEKHDHAHAHAHAHAHA
faggot

They did confirm it but I guess we gotta have controversy for the sake of controversy since it's the current year and all that.

Your body drinks in radiation every day, yet you are alive. like i said before his robot said "Radiation: Nominal"

I've accepted that Ridley has become retarded. If he was director, i'm sure he'd find a way to tie Alien to BR2049. For goodness' sake, he still pushes that the meme that Deckard is unambiguously a replicant

Villenueve has produced way more quality movies than Scott. I'm glad he was in charge of 2049.

It seemed semi ambiguous but between the radiation and the fact rhat he fucked a replicant and made a babby amongst other more subtle hints, it sure as shit seemed to me they confirmed he was a replicant, but in a manner you could not be 100% sure that was legit

>hur radiation cant move like a cloud or fog
eat shit n die :^)

neither

haha, you stole that joke and retold it in a bad way but it's still good

fuck off reddit

maybe. but i still appreciate how they didn't spoon feed it to audiences by having a random character saying "gee is that guy a real person or a replicant?!?" like most movies seem to do these days.
Its nice that they showed us and let us draw our own conclusions/arguments for or against. In the same way that it was left up to us to figure out that the reason that his daughter was crying in that scene with K was not because she was crying that K was infact a real person who was lead to believe that he was a replicant but because it was her own memories.

>They did confirm it
*CITATION NEEDED* faggot

IMAGINE Ridley was put in charge of direction. We dodged a bullet lads.

>They did confirm it
how. explain

It's just another fag born after 1995 who only saw 2049 because of torrents talking out of his ass again

have you ever thought K was using a drone operating with a replicant's tolerances in mind, so what was a nominal level of harmful radiation would be nominal for his non-existent, radiation-sensitive human organs? now you do.

your moving the goal post in every single one of your shitposts
just accept that deckard was human

Maybe because they just fired a missile into the building and it's filled with dust and smoke?

really trying to pick at straws here.
>Why would you have it set to "replicant levels"
>Replicants are flesh and blood
stop trying to pick at straws to help your arguement

>He could be 30 seconds from Mars for all we know
I, for one, welcome our new Reddit overlords.

>original blade runner butchered beyond belief by executive meddling
>director releases definitive edition as he always intended
>absolute fucking retards on Sup Forums sperg out about a paper unicorn implying that Deckard may be a replicant

It not "adding anything" is not only a completely fucking brainlet argument, but its also objectively wrong. It further blurs the lines between humans and replicants. Its also implied, not outright stated.

Do you nu-runner posters just shit on the original because you're only interested in waifus?

that was my first post on the radiation topic. you don't even know what goalposting is, you just think any angle of argument is goalposting because you can't articulate why you think the way you do and resort to mindlessly insisting on a statement like a child. you're shit at this. radiation still has you stumped.

funny, the post you're replying to is my first one as well
what can I say, I am a born shit stirrer. human or replicant I don't give a shit. I am the internet commander.

Yes

dubs heil confirm

I do believe this an argumentum ad misertuquo. Deckard is human.

'No'

Why do you post fake news?

Ridley only said it was a bit long.

The other part of your post is about Star Wars The Last White Male

Get a new manual, faggot

More imptortantly, was the dog a replicant?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

o look the shit wars posters have migrated

Its a sort of theory by his own accord. If God doesn't exist (not in a fedora tipper way, just if he literally doesn't in universe) then Wallace and the other companies that came before are technicly God as they created life.

he never said anything of that

OP just write that shit up

THERE'S SOMETHING INSIDE YOU
IT HARD TO EXPLAIN
THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU BOY
AND YOU'RE STILL THE SAME

Ask him

Dog was CGI.
It was Deckard's Joi.

>Despite his successful track record, Scott said he’s never been asked to direct one of the many films spun out of that blockbuster universe, because he’s “too dangerous” for such a thing.
>“I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself,” he explained
>(((they)))

It adds a lot actually, it shows that replicants are really more human than human. As the character we've been following throughout the movie and relating to ends up being a replicant himself.

>more human than humans
Explain this retarded dialogue to me please.
I love the movie, but this is a stupid use of words.

literally kys retard. prove that you aren't Ridley himself, nobody else could be so butthurt about his pet theory

who the fuck are you to demand? explain your ignorance first

How would being able to reproduce make them more human?
What makes them "more" human?