Good Time

Thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzZ6-OqjoIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gave me anxiety all the way through

Tied with 2049 as best of 2017.

Masterful filmmaking in a genre I fucking love. Killer score too.

I know i'm just bragging but i don't care : i was at the fantasia premiere and it was awesome

Not groundbreaking or anything but I had a pretty good time.

security guard nigga didn't have a good time

worth the watch when youre bored

Who's the captain now ?

a good time

Unfortunately it was a little hyped up for me. I was massively disappointed and a lot of it actually pissed me off with how film student tier some aspects were.

Robert Pattinson and the score were about the only good elements

it was a good time

What were the film student aspects of it? Just curious.

It was a good time

>"Heh. I guess I truly had a Good Time."

Stopped the movie right there desu.

2017 is down to these for me (in no order):

Good Time
The Florida Project
Twin Peaks: The Return
lasagnacat new eps
Bladerunner 2049

The Florida Project possibly wins for me but that is some serious competition.

10/10 movie to watch with a group of people

bullshit, I watched with a group of people and nobody besides me liked it

I hope the Safdies keep their future movies really aesthetic like this one. I'm a big fan of movies that are hyperaesthetic yet realist at the same time (who says reality *isn't* aesthetic as hell though? - which is why I hate most dry boring social realism). The Florida Project did this too. There are really aesthetic movies that exist more in a secondary reality, or in some kind of genre or mutant genre space - and this is def a genre film too - but I like how it really uses reality in its strangeness.

>stopped the movie right at the end daysue

(desu) t b h (to be honest desu)

Rated this among my very top last year, and looking at the year-end lists saw Three Billboards a lot. Just at a glance it looks like middlebrow crap, but decided to torrent and give a try. Can't make even minutes into it - the music, the actor choices, the obvious political signalling, 'Fox Searchlight'... I can't do it.

>(desu) t b h (to be honest desu)
UH DOY YA THINK?!!?

I just write 'desu' now to be honest.

>The Florida Project
>Bladerunner 2049
disregarded for pleb opinion

>not loving The Florida Project

I bet you're, like, a fan of Call Me By Your Name and Three Billboards and tepid shit like that.

Posting for anyone that hasn't seen the alternative "what-if" ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=TzZ6-OqjoIg

The films' ending was already fitting, but the music video just confirms most viewer's fears of what would have been if everything "worked out".

I thought that sequence was supposed to have been a dream..?

nah, they're both lousy as fuck. Beach Rats is a good movie from 2017

nah, that's supposed to be a dream sequence

The Safdie bros pointed to the music video to see what would have been if they made it to west virginia.

Decent but over-hyped.

Overall an unremarkable movie that edges into the top 5 for 2017 purely due to lack of meaningful competition

I had a good time watching it

Meh: The Movie

You really don't know about In Bruges or Seven Psychopaths? I mean, call all three middlebrow if you want but don't come here not knowing shit and act like your opinion means something.

I loved it all the way up to the end which made me real mad at the time. With time I've kind of started to like even that though. A great movie.

To me character is the most important part of a movie. It probably sounds a little autistic but to me the the sign of a true top tier film is that "you haven't seen x?" truly translates to "you haven't met x?" That the movie contains a character or characters that feel so real that when you hear someone hasn't seen the movie it almost feels like they haven't met a really interesting person you know. Like, an easy example, if someone hasn't seen Big Lebowski the real crime isn't that they haven't experienced the story it's that they haven't met The Dude and Walter.
Good Time definitely reaches that level with Connie. Just an incredible character.

M I D D L E B R O W

Benny plz

Top 5 in my list for aesthetic alone. The soundtrack and dim atmosphere helped the feeling of suffocating. Shocked a bit about him kissing a 14 y.o but whatever

Numbingly mediocre. Watchable, though.

Dope shit... and a good time.

Keepin' your head above water

Prefer the sequel tbqhwyf

The aesthetic and him kissing/manipulating the 14 year old are the only good things in the movie