Spartacus vs Rome vs Vikings

Spartacus vs Rome vs Vikings

Which is the best historical show ever?

Da Vinci's Demons without S3

"Vikings" (2013) had a crap story. Visuals were very nice. Acting was not bad either. Spartacus S1 takes the cake, easy.

Rome obviously. Vikings has turned into feminist trash

Spartacus S1 > Spartacus S0 > Vikings S1-3 > Rome > Vikings (the rest) > Spartacus (the rest)

Spartacus would win if they lead didn't die an ruin the show

This. His death ruined the show and it never recovered.

despite all the waifus on Spartacus i gotta say Vikings takes the win there

as for best show Rome > Spartacus > Vikings

Sad, we could have had plenty of better shows if he didn't croak

Yeah he did a really good job in that first season. Too bad really.

Spartacus is cringeworthy Snyder-esque shit so Rome.

Spartacus is a 300 rip off with meme dialog, retarded diversity, and all the gay erotica OP craves.

Rome is basically a 10/10 historical drama, way too good for fags like OP.

Vikings is meh. I watch it, but I wouldn't consider it great.

Brome because of the top bantz

this

Apples and oranges, son.
Rome is mostly serious while Spartacus is complete over the top, campy pulp that just has fun with the setting. It's more like an edgy capeshit set in ancient times than a historical series.
I like both in their own way though.

Close.

Spartacus S1 > Spartacus S0 > Rome S1 > Vikings S1-3 > Rome S2 > Vikings (the rest) > Spartacus (the rest)

If you just place Rome S1 one or two ranks higher, and then the Spartacus series finale somewhere in the top 3, then that's pretty much perfect.

This.
/thread

Rome is the best. spartacus is just one big joke. vikings has some pretty bad acting but visually the show is pretty good.

>spartacus is just one big joke
It was over the top and ridiculous at times, but the character writing was really good. That makes all the difference.

>Spartacus
>historical

As much as I loved the first seasons of it, its hardly in any way historical except setting.

And Rome blows any other historical show out of the water.

Vikings is definitely not in the same league as the other two, maybe season 1-2, Rome easily wins though

Rome and its not even close

Did Vikings ever become better again?
I dropped it a few seasons ago as it just felt stale at this point. The new characters weren't terribly interesting and the ever growing feminism squad was just outright embarrassing.

Spartacus is good but too over the top for the historical aspect. Vikings was good but they’ve ruined it. Vikings has also strayed pretty far from the source material

Rome is by far the best historical show ever made. The only real issue with it is the second season because they tried to squeeze everything in when they found out it was being cancelled. Can’t really hold that against the show too much and I’m grateful they went out of their way to give us closure

Not really. It has its moments then goes to shit again.

ragnar is kill

Rome had the best women and overall cast.

Illythia> any women in Rome.

spartacus is actual garbage.

>Words coming from such plebeians like shit from ass.
May your cock shrivel and fall off as Jupiter himself rams fist into ass for mocking true Roman legacy.
>Pisses on bloodied corpses.
May this golden shower elevate you to more prestigious place, you shit eating worms!

My name is Uhtrerd. Son of Uhtred!

Rome ofcourse.

>the ottomans look like persians that use the same armor as the mamelukes

That show was shit.

haven't seen spartacus but rome was miles better than vikings

When is the new season coming out?

She is my favorite in sparacus but i love the mother and daughter in rome.

Lmao binging this show is fucking hilarious because if that line.

It was trash

This. Season 2 felt crammed but overall I've not seen any historical series done better. It's more accurate than anything else, they tried to get a lot of the details right (like all the stone stuff we see now was painted and more vibrant then) and they made it look beautiful. The two seasons do a time jump which is needed because the rise of Rome was as much Augustus as it was Caesar, so don't expect the second season to follow right from the first. It will ruin all the other historical shit out there and no doubt any "diverse" shit to come. HBO was ignorant trash for cancelling it. One more season and they'd have made Augustus' story feel correctly paced and they could have ended it there.

fuck off it had its moments like every batiatus scene

Why don't the Pacific Islander actors in Spartacus trigger you Sup Forums snowflakes?

I wouldn't rate it higher than Rome for accuracy, but the odd and occasional attention to detail in spartacus was pretty surprising. Even linguistic structure. Expected "300: the show," got something a little better

Kek

objectively Rome
first couple seasons of Spartacus were really good
vikings was ok, and then turned to absolute dogshit

Rome

>Rome had the best women
dude no, the women were all the same character, giving the men a bunch of shit.

literally everything that happened is because some woman is fucking shit up.

Even Caesar dying is due to his petty ex girlfriends rivalry with his niece who's son fucked his sister to know that Vorenus' son wasn't his, therefore confronting his wife, leaving Brutus to kill him after being nagged for months by his mother, Caesars mistress.

All of this because Caesar;s niece uses a jew to graffiti his affair on every wall, therefore risking the stability of the whole republic just to keep Caesar from Servillia, for no real reason.

>Rome is by far the best historical show ever made.

it's aesthetic is good, but it just never had time to become shit thankfully, therefore msterpiece

Spartacus is just fucking awesome. the only reason it dulled is because the main actor died.

other than that the show was fucking sick and the dialogue was gold, and the story wasn't full of holes and dependent on events related to the characters to keep everyone involved

>Illythia in Greek means retarded woman

I liked this show. I also unironically enjoy Outlander.

People unironically ranking Spartacus over fucking Rome, or even Vikings, is part of why this board is trash.

I really enjoyed Rome and Spartacus. Vikings looks cool but the story and acting are poor.

Rome is most "historically accurate" while Spartacus and Vikings are mostly fiction.

In conclusion Rome > Spartacus > Vikings