This movie is a masterpiece

this movie is a masterpiece

hey man yeah it's pretty good, but be aware that threads and statements like these are just as annoying as "this movie is shit" threads

No it's not, its boring as hell and literally nothing happens. It's like sitting in a museum and looking at abstract art for 3 hours. You just end up wanting to pass out.

Agreed.

i had an absolute BLAST watching this in the theatre. Modern classic for sure. 20 years from now kids will wish they were alive to see this, and normalfags will probably hop on the bandwagon

>20 years from now kids will wish they were alive to see this, and normalfags will probably hop on the bandwagon
And Sup Forums will disown it because it becomes popular

stick to videogames and capeshit kiddo

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Fuck off.

fucking Tanzania can't appreciate kino

>he thinks BR2049 is like abstract art
Do you exclusively watch capeshit flicks and nothing else?

but... but why didn't it have a scene with a blue beam coming out of skyscraper giving all other replicants K's memory and the resistance fighting back against Wallace.

Watched it today, OP. I felt more watching this movie than I have in a long time.

>tfw no hologf to cybercuddle with

It is if you're really ignorant about A LOT of shit(the original, better smilar movies released in the last few years, scriptwriting, general sci-fi themes...)

what about a giant eyed robowaifu?

top shelf waifus

real girls are scary

>better smilar movies released in the last few years
like that

It was pretty boring desu (not bad but boring) only movie I've seen this year since people said it was the best on the market, disappointed

I agree that Luv was best waifu. Joi was 2nd, though.

>tfw no mackenzie gf

It's about time someone made such a bold statement.

This movie makes me very a very special way and I think it's the best movie of 2017.

Ex Machina and Her which it directly steals from.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

lol, people need to learn that you can only have a proper discussion on Sup Forums by saying something sucks. You can't say something is good without contrarians posting how awful it is for being popular.

Slow, boring repetitive. Character arcs are predictable at best, snooze inducing at worst.

Cinematography is very good but it doesn't save this failed money grab. Pass.

Nothing happened, just a lot of fancy CGI. That makes it uninteresting or compelling. Fuck off.

"Boring" seems to be an extremely valid argument since a shit ton of people say the same thing. Sucks to be wrong about your autistic Drive actor.

The ABSOLUTE state of Sup Forums - Television & Film

But something happens from the first frame right up until the last one?
Also the majority of the visuals are entirely practical, here's a set photo. I'm sorry for your ADHD.

Middle > Joi > Makenzie > Luv > Bottom

Most people find films by Tarkovsky "boring", probably because they are a bit slower than todays films. Are they bad films then?
Most people find flicks by Marvel "fun", probably because it's non stop braindead quips and mindless CGI action. Are they good films then?

the prophecy has been fulfilled

can't argue with double satan digits damn

BLADE RUNNER GET!

No.
Far worse than the original.
The atmosphere is worse, harrison ford is a fuckin disaster and wallace was lame. Also no real mystery left, no noir. So fuck you faggots. Best movie of a shit year and that's all this is.

this is the american mindset

Honestly, though, when's the last movie Harrison Ford was good in?

BR2049

Those are some sweet digits

satans doubles

Ford gave a better performance here than the original

i cant really compare it to her ,im still kinda subconsciously biased because i saw 2049 recently .they're both in my top 5 of the last 10 years but still im pretty sure 2049 is better .
>Ex Machina
nowhere near to being in the same league as her or 2049 .

fuck you dude for placing mariette higher then luv or ana but yea joiriette is a top shelf composite waifu.

it's better than the original

Imagine sitting next to an Villeneuve fan. The smell as he rubs the cheeto dust into his body in preparation for viewing his "based" movie. The flutter of his fedora as he tips ecstatically as Deakins pans shots in great numbers like one of his video game cutscenes. The sound of him vibrating at the hot pocket resonance every time "based" meme actor is on screen.

He is cheeto dust
He is hot pocket video game
He is canned "pizza sauce"
He is single-serving Easy Mac
He is dog biscuit Axe body spray
He is Dorito crumbs on a hooded sweatshirt
He is Tarantino
He is orange juice concentrate
He is a lotion stain on plaid boxer shorts
He is paintball burger king hot dog
He is a lap-dance at Hooters at noon on a Wednesday
He is coca-cola puberty

>literally in reverse order

I just hate the fact that it has some unanswered questions

Why? Should a film close off and wrap up every single plot point in order to be good?

No, but I personally like movies that have a clear ending.

>Ex Machina
>nowhere near to being in the same league as her or 2049 .

This.

Ex Machina is something truly unique. Ex Machina deeply explores SAI, consciousness, human nature/sexuality and evolution You will only truly understand it if you are into AI theory like artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms. Our machine learning professor was truly blown away by Ex Machina and told us to watch it at least once every weak until we understand every aspect the movie is about. Alex Garland read several books about AI and consciousness and managed to create this masterpiece.

The first and the last are perfect

ye its shit .

>lets program an AI to want to escape from my imprisonment , its totally at all not going to kill me because killing me helps it escape, lets not build in proper safety so it dosnt murder me.
>lets help an AI escape imprisonment for no reason , its totally not going to kill me because me dead is better for its goal of escape which i should easily deduce when it asked me to help it.

the two characters were dumb as a fucking brick and the plot was retarded . there's safer ways to test if an ai can fool a retard without getting killed yourself.

Nice normie-tier mindset you have there. Go learn some things about AI theory and human consciousness. You need to literally watch Ex Machina 20 to 30 times in order to understand its different aspects. The plot is shit-tier, completely ignore it. Just focus on the scenes were they talk about sexuality, human psychology, AI, religion. The scene with pollock painting is a good example for that. You need a +150 IQ to fully comprehence the movie.

any chance 2049 will get a best movie nomination?

>human consciousness
its a shitty pseudoscience meme that bad scifi keeps spewing up . good scifi dosnt need the consciousness meme (protip : it has never been proven , it probably dosnt exist) to work .

Send help I can't stop watching this movie.

can you like...buy... one of those statues?

Ford sleepwalked through the original and gave one of his worst performances in his entire career. It's a wonder that the movie worked somehow despite having such a shitty lead.
In 2049 however he looked like he wanted to be here.

Ford seems to be a kino magnet regardless of his acting ability. What a guy.

>main characters are all white
No

>black guy is a child slaver
Very problematic indeed, better write a complaint about it on the nets.

how would Sup Forums dress deckard in 2049?