what was that dudes name again?

Biggs Darklighter

Biggie Darks

Big Darkguyer

>american humor

>There are people who unironically defend the assembly cut

>people not drawing the parallel between rose's ideals and farm boy luke's
Plebs, the lot 'o ya.

This scene was actually a good addition to the story. Go figure that even with all the changes to the special edition it still isn't in the movie. Biggs having some actual development showing how close he is with Luke makes it more impactful when he dies in the Battle of Yavin.

Stfu wormy
Farmboy Luke just wanted off his dirtfarming planet, he wasn't a faggot who jeopardized the rebellion or set a pony free and said "now this is the REAL victory"

He wanted to join up with Biggs so he could fight for justice against the empire.

>or set a pony free and said "now this is the REAL victory"
Rose didn't say that. In fact she specifically said the opposite, something like "This doesn't really accomplish anything but man it sure felt good."

t. mouseketeer

But it fucks the pacing since it's constantly cutting away from an active and engaging storyline with Leia and the Droids to a randy getting some exposition. There's more value in keeping the story going and only introducing Luke when he's relevant than you get from having a character from the prologue appear last minute for cheap emotional stakes. Reediting the finale to have the Death Star targeting the rebel base more than makes up for it.

You're fucking terrible at arguments.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

I mean, I agree that from a pacing standpoint it's better, but the scene was good worldbuilding. I just wish there was a way to fit it into the movie somehow without throwing it off. As it is, I think anyone who enjoys Star Wars should at least watch the scene and learn more about the world.

>The scenes were shot to humanize Luke Skywalker much earlier than in the final cut. It was removed along with subsequent scenes of Luke and his friends in Anchorhead, as it slowed the pace down. George Lucas had originally written the scenes and shot them at the suggestion of his industry friends who thought that audiences wouldn't understand the story being told from a droid's point of view. After Lucas's first screening of the rough cut of Star Wars in 1977, a fellow filmmaker jokingly accused him of producing "American Graffiti in space". Upon realizing that the story was being told through the droids' perspective and it was them leading things to Luke, Lucas took the footage out.

I don't understand. How is this like American Graffiti?

Honestly, it could be added back in like a sort of Star Wars: Extended Edition. Just like with LotR, the theatricals are paced better and should be watched first for new time viewers. EE's add in a lot more lore and extra scenes that fill out the world and characters but sacrifice the flow of the story. You've seen A New Hope a million times, a few extra scenes won't really harm it when you already know Luke's motivations, reservations, aspirations, and so on.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

did they fuck?

Good comparison. It's a situation where there'd be a good reason to watch both cuts, unlike something like BvS where the ultimate cut is the only one that should be watched.

You know, I think there must actually be a fan edit or something out there that adds this scene back in. I remember a friend rewatching this movie a few years back and he downloaded it from somewhere, and I think he specifically mentioned this scene with Biggs being in it.

She doesn’t fucking say that lol, stop shilling Disney.

Maybe Finn said that. Regardless, someone did.

As someone who saw the film yesterday you are talking out of your ass buddy.

Nobody said whatever your head used to rationalize one of the worst scenes in Star Wars history. Keep dreaming.

Biggs Lightnigger

Large Shadowbright

>mfw seeing these scenes for the first time in the grindhouse edit

European... never mind. Nothing of note about you. What do you have? Doctor Who? Yeah, this conversation's over before it began.

Fuck you both, I can't wait for the official script of this movie to come out so I can prove you wrong.

>t. total badass

*teleports behind you* not so fast kiddo...
*extends blade*

No Luke, The Workers’ Revolution!

They were just bros.

>I hate the empire as much as anyone but there’s nothing I could do
>it was totally worth failing our mission to save the resistance because we freed some race horses, caused property damage, nearly killed rich people, and abandoned the child slaves, even though both of us were child slaves

That’s the same thing? How much does Disney pay, and where do I apply?

What was said was Finn saying "It felt good, to tear up that place, make those people hurt." like a terrorist. It's a shit movie either way.

kek
But seriously you're a fucking dipshit.

Oh shit, i didn't know you were Japanese. My mistake, sensei.

European...

I don't get what you're trying to tell me anymore.

What was Lucas trying to convey with this scene?