Why were nerds so buttblasted over this?

Why were nerds so buttblasted over this?

At least it explained why Humans, Klingons, Cardassians and all that shit look similar.

It was cool.

I don't recall any reaction. Which bbs were you dialed into at the time?

Made more sense than Kirk killing god with a boulder in the third episode of TOS

these la creatura drawings are becoming really good

It’s obviously a Dominion scheme.

I liked it

I don't think any nerds were buttblasted. Nerds love connections. It ties things together nicely.

it is le 56% face

I don't have a problem with it but it would have been better if they just left it unexplained. Honestly, we don't need to know why every advanced alien race is humanoid.

better than the current blaxploitation trek we have now

How come geneticists in their universe couldn't already deduce through their advance science, though?

>I don't recall any reaction.

This. Though, I was a child when it first aired and there was no internet full of nerd-posing manchildren back then.

They did, but there was never hard evidence until then.

The original series already claimed in many episodes that an ancient alien race had been transplanting humans onto different worlds. This episode was just a follow up.

This is the future of the Alpha Quadrant and it's beautiful

I didn't have a problem with it. I had a problem with the changelings looking exactly like them and it never being brought up.

>The original series already claimed in many episodes that an ancient alien race had been transplanting humans onto different worlds.
This has nothing to do with that, though
The Changelings don't look 'exactly like them,' though

The writer intentionally referenced the preservers when writing this episode. He has said as much in interviews. He simply came short of naming them directly.

>He simply came short of naming them directly.
I'll bet you're one of those idiots that thinks the Borg destroyed that colony with the psychic alien pretending to be an old man with a wife in that TNG episode where he expressly states that he exterminated the species that actually wiped out his colony
If it isn't stated outright in an episode then it's pure speculation on your part
Trek fans are the worst, you people and your fucking head canons

The writer considered them to the be the same race.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion 2nd ed., page 244

Don't let it distract from your rage.

I loved the episode. Makes the entire canon feel more real.

>The writer considered them to the be the same race.
Is it in the episode as it aired on TV? No? Then kill yourself
Next you'll be telling me Armus and the Caretaker are the same species, you fucking idiot

haha benis

0/10
Try to throw a more believable tantrum in the future.

I just assumed covergent evolution.

No really motherfucker tell me why you think the writer's opinion matters? After the episode is filmed, the opinions of the writers don't matter, only what's in the episode.

It's a silly explanation for something that didn't need to be explained, but The Chase is a fun episode so it's easy to give it a pass.

>fun episode
Picard's mentor gets blown up, it's a very serious episode, not fun

>why you think the writer's opinion matters
author and authority
is English your third language

The author is dead, retard

So wait, is this supposed to be a "founder"? It looked just like the one in DS9. If so why would they want to kill everybody?

Why are you feeding it replies?

How about YOU answer the question instead of being smug about it? Read Barthes and brush up on film theory. If anyone is an authority on this, it's the DIRECTOR of The Chase, not the WRITERS of the script (Auteur Theory).

I thinks its supposed to be a featureless face. Since different species have different nose, ear, forehead or hair this one basically has none. Its sort of a blank canvas.

Changelings all have Odo's hair for some reason, even though Odo said he just based it off a Bajoran. And he has the face because he sucks at human faces. There was really no reason for the founders to look anything like Odo.

>It looked just like the one in DS9
i think shes the same actress too lol

Late season writers didn't really care about early season character building.

Superficial resemblance. Featureless like the other user said. They are supposed to be from some group called "The Preservers". Classic Trek lore that shows up everywhere.