Why is there such a large push for changing the races and/or genders of established characters instead of creating...

Why is there such a large push for changing the races and/or genders of established characters instead of creating original, well-written ones?

because above all SJWs are LAZY

earn a stem degree? or complain about the lack of women and POC in stem? guess which they pick

create a new character? or steal an existing one?

help their community personally? or post about it on twitter?

Historically marginalized people getting equal representation in media will lead to more fresh and original stories being told.

It's okay for James Bond though. He was a white guy for half of decade, recasting him as a black guy could be interesting and I would watch a fuck out of Idris Elba as Bond

Woman maybe, but we'll get a black Dr Who before a black Bond

James Bond is literally the most boring and played out character in the history of fiction.
The only reason you fags even care about this is because of you 'muh white genocide' meme.

It's to demoralize white males by taking the strong and charismatic representations of themselves out of the media.

>changing the races and/or genders of established characters
you mean white characters

It's just me or "person of color" sounds even more racist than regular words used for them? And I'm a person of color too, my color is pinky beige.

Imagine having this much of a victim complex

(((())))

>already existing fanbase and market
>cash in on the sjw norm to make everyone black/gay/gender queer/ a dolphin

its just business, the sjw crowd is arguably pretty small but theyre loud as fuck. Social media is probably the biggest outreach for PR work now and if the loudest kid in the room doesnt get their way they will cry the most. Look at the dark tower movie using idris elba as the gunslinger, or battlfield 1 depicting black german soldiers, aside from some very obvious flack by a few people, there wasnt enough open criticism for it to change. Its scary how true the sjw control of the media is

yeah, its just colored people rephrased haha

who are you referring to

>'muh white genocide' meme
>meme
I was shocked when I went to the United States. The 56% meme is real.

then were do we stop ?
black superman, women ninja turtles,

lets just cast obama as a asian woman, if you object you are a racist

Actually I'm a black dude. I just want more original characters and better writing and shit.

The Jews want more money and have realised that 90% of the world is brown. It's not enough to make cute romantic comedies with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn and everyone is white with blue eyes. They want the big bucks and even blacks and other third worlders have disposable income now so fuck white people.

Why do hollywood think its only black and white?
Where are the spaniards, portuguese,latinos,chinese,japs,arabs and slavs?

Because plebs only watch established IPs these days

> black person cast to a roll traditionally played by white person
> "why does everyone hate white people?"

Makes sense a white guy would stand out too much in bongland niw.

This. It's almost kind of a fuck you to any woman or POC that gets cast as Bond. It says you're not important enough to give a new IP to, so we're just going to have you piggyback on an established one and see how it goes.

This is correct.

This is gay.

Superman is an alien so that’s fine. I think women ninja turtle would be hot.

I'm okay with Idris Elba as the new Bond.

There are no white people in Britistan. It was never white, it's always been a strong Island of brown people.

>let's cast every white guy as Idris Elba

I mean they can't even think of original black people to star in their palette swap fantasies, why would you expect them put effort into creating new character?

>that
>black
keep on talking honkey

Idris Elba's acting prowess and stature is far above Bond-level. This would be a step down for him, really.

People don't go to see movies with new characters and stories in them. They want the same movie they already saw. You don't have to believe me, you can just check which films are making money.

Being white is a major part of his character though, the privilege and elitist attitude of a rich, well educated white British man is pretty much his only character trait.

The casting choice of a real person like Obama and a made up character like bond are not the same thing

It's the symbolism. Also pretty much all old media lost their influence in creating new, popular idea. Even something like tv, which is considered to be in its golden age is making a fraction of the viewership of shows from 10-20 years ago.

asia doesnt like black people though, its smarter to not have a black lead today

This. Africans have been traveling to Britain for centuries. Oh, what's that, why doesn't any respectable history book back this up? Um sweetie who wrote those books?

Its about replacement nothing more nothing less. The powers that be have decided to replace people of European stock with everything else from Chinks to niggers. Why you may ask? Look no further then the fucking jews

just admit you are racist scum

and sexist

its 2018 and you cant see beyond race and gender

It’s because you retards flip out, throwing fuel on the fire

I’d you didn’t care then no one would care

t.

if anything its worse to change bond, its like altering a painting by da vinci

you'd be the one wearing a tinfoil hat for not believing this

maybe if star wars fans had more balls their franchise wouldnt have turning into Women Wars... 3 new star wars, all female leads.... JUST

Jews don't really like Asians anyway because they don't have control over them and probably will never be able to.

> comparing shitty britbong spy movies to da Vinci paintings

>Jane Bond
>fucks a lot of men
eww what a fucking slut
>doesn't fuck any men
MUH EQUALITY

seriously now, how would this even work

> no u

NIGGER

You're not black. You're a 56% amerimutt

>Being this out of touch with reality

Imagine having to assume the standpoints of the people you are arguing against just so you can confirm your own preconceived misconceptions of how they think.

How many white women did you fuck?

yes

woah, I didn't know Dr. Dre browses Sup Forums

> caring about the skin color of the main character of shitty spy movies

Then its a transgender voldermort, proceeded by a black hitler, followed by a homosexual xenomorph

its disrespectful to alter artists works

good shitpost though

> James Bond
> artist
> James
> bond
> art
Holy shit

because there is a huge untapped audience of women for certain genres like action and scifi that executives think they can tap into by forcing women into roles usually held by men.

And they're not exactly mistaken. Look how many girls and women love star wars now. Look at action movies like hunger games with female leads. Look at all the upcoming movies in these genres starring women. These are being greenlit because market research has shown it makes money.

Movie executives are taking the male audience for granted because they're assuming most of them are mindless cucks who will see anything marketed down their throats, which gives them the confidence to try to basically double their ticket sales by bringing in an equal number of women to the box office.

So until you men collectively rise up and stop buying their forced diversity they'll keep gender swapping roles and writing Mary Sues.

Spaniards are white.
40% of all Latinos in the world are white.
Pic: Latina woman.

To answer your question, Americans are obsessed with race so their TV shows cater to their minorities. This is why Star Trek has no Chinese, if you think about it it's actually racist as fuck given they comprise a third of the world population.

wake us when you create anything that makes billions

> you need to be a chef to know that shit tastes like shit

Please don't bully. I just wanna talk about movies with the rest of you.

Why not create a cool new character?
All they will do is destroy their own franchise.

EL GOBLINO???

Jesus christ, you got him all wrong.

Women who like star wars like it for attention. That is it. I have honest to god never ever met a women with proper interests. They 'like' stuff but fall short of the obsession men can have with things

shitposter literally eats shit

oh fuck

They want to use a familiar brand to obtain a larger viewership as well as to cater to the louder political climate. The thing they don't understand is that the political air which envelopes largely the Southern Cali region and other larger U.S cities where these writers and execs spend a majority of their time are not entirely reflective of the broader English Speaking/Anglosphere nations. Also when comparing the demographics of racial groups in the US and UK: where this need for diversity in media is heavily prevalent. You'll find that the number of female and minority actresses/actors is likely overproportionate to the nations demographics.
All in all their worldview is either very skewed or they think the majority of people who would be considered moderate in terms of politics will be complacent with the changes and they'll be able to make more money because they'll land the sjw audience as well as pull in more minorities and women.

no

answer to this

> calls someone a shit eating shitposter
> keeps feeding him

Really? Because so far it has only been inferior nigger or bitch remakes

why not just make a 008 or 009?

this only happens to white characters user, and it's the jews

because its not about creating new characters its about getting rid of white heterosexual male ones.

N-none.

they should hire whoever made GirlBusters

just make a movie that opens hates its audience

>Want Bond to be a black woman
>Make PROUD MARY instead
I'm OK with this.

no thats how it used to be. today there is a whole generation of girls who like star wars the same way they like frozen or barbie.

Based elba.

WHAT?
TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND DON'T BOTHER COMING HERE UNTIL YOU FUCK AT LEAST ONE WHITE BITCH (that isn't a hooker)

Love when the Chinese market shits all over the sjw catering films. The Chinese don't want to see other chinese in films and they sure as hell don't want to see africans. They want big hollywood names, that Great Wall movie is a perfect example of this.

Also the fact that diversity in media now means blacks in the US and Asians/Africans in the UK but they disregard the latino east Asian, and non-english/american whites.

What great diversity haha. If I was a Jap, Chink or Gook I'd be shitposting all over the internet about how 'diverse' this movement really is.

Asian Shaft when?

i.e. remakes, sequels and superhero adaptations.

1. Your goal is irl political power. You're only interested in this setting because it has a lot of visibility and money going to it. Logically, you go after the highest profile thing in that setting and change it. In 40k, you want female space marines. In Star Wars, you want the most powerful Jedi and leaders to be female. In Bond, it has to be Bond himself.

2. Skillfully integrating new characters into an existing setting requires extensive knowledge of it. An SJW has no interest in 40k or MTG or video games or anything like that. Acquiring an extensive knowledge or appreciation of what's important or the theme of the setting is a chore if you're merely using it as a vehicle for irl politics. This is why SJW's hate being quizzed so much.

3. There's also money in this current libtard trend. Some are journalists who couldn't get jobs writing about the social issues they care about, so they got jobs in niche fandom. Their jobs are so lame and their employers so corrupt that they get away with talking about social issues anyway by making it ostensibly about the thing they're employed to talk about.

TLDR, they don't care about the thing enough to want to preserve it as they change it. They don't like the thing enough to learn how to care about it.

There isn't.

You know why; it's intentional deconstruction.

"Equal representation" doesn't mean it has to be the same fucking character, though.
I'm fine with a new "007" being a woman or POC, but not "James Bond" being race/genderbent. I think that's more toward what the OP was getting at.

A moniker/mantle (like can be passed on, but a character's core identity should never be sacrificed on the altar of progressivism.

It's just "coloured people", which they will call you a racist for using.

>spaniards are white
Raul pls

the only people who want a black bond or female bond dont like bond

this will backfire just like ghostbusters

youre welcome

are you half white too, mr. black dude?

"People of Colour" is the term "they" agreed on using, whereas "coloured people" was the term racist whites used to generalise people that weren't white.
Which is funny cause in both cases you're discriminating between being white and non white. go figure I guess

>hurr durr im a girl i can hold a sword and look angry tooo
this shit looks so ugly and forced, i would have never worn it as a kid

This wont happen. They hype it up before they start filming the next movie, then they sign the next dude after filming or resing the previous.

There is 0 chance the Bond after Craig will be anything but white and not from the UK

I would watch an Elba Bond movie if it was like the old Eddy Murphy movies where he plays half the cast but is played totally straight.

>Historically marginalized people getting equal representation in media will lead to more fresh and original stories being told.

Love this fucking meme

>There are not enough non-whites in movies and TV, and this is literally slavery you racists
Who's got the victim complex?