In Blade Runner, does Deckard rape Rachael? Why does he tell her to say, "kiss me?"

In Blade Runner, does Deckard rape Rachael? Why does he tell her to say, "kiss me?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wWoP8VpbpYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

she was asking for it

You know there are women who found that scene hot.

I actually don't consider this scene to be rape, but I do understand why someone may disagree. Certainly the scene is very aggressive, but the way I've always seen the scene is that Rachel is in a state of extreme self-doubt. She doesn't trust her own responses or desires, and this sort of walking cognitive dissonance she's mired in is only escalated when her sexuality begins to awaken when Deckard moves to kiss her…she's tired and emotional and thinking way too much in a descending nihilistic spiral.

Deckard being rough with her is pulling her out of her head. He's in effect telling her that she's here, she's alive, she feels things, she's feminine, and he needs her (not just sexually…not as a thing to be used). Her ability to trust her memories or understand if she genuinely is interested in him, or if it's just remnants of Tyrell’s niece is irrelevant.

There is a subtle hint that this is what's happening when Deckard first tells her ‘say kiss me’, and Rachel begins to reply saying ‘I can't rely on…’ before he interrupts her.

He is pulling her into the present moment, where she can trust what her senses and desires tell her, and the rest doesn't matter.

That's why he tells her to “say kiss me’. She wants to kiss him, but can't tell if the part of her that genuinely wants to is real, or if it's just programming/Tyrell’s niece. Deckard telling her to say it, is a way of saying that where the desire comes from is irrelevant, what matters is that you have the desire…That’s the proof that you're real.

it's certainly morally questionable. Currently I don't think the law would look favourably on Deckard but then we don't know how the world of BR judges women an dshit

Rachel didn't know how to express herself
A better writer and director might have been able to develop this
And also what Deckards problem was, but they cut the stuff about his wife

Yes it's clearly rape and I have serious worries about anyone who thinks otherwise. The point is that Deckard, and the people in the film, don't see replicants as human. And in the film, it's ambiguous as to how "fleshy" they actually are.
If they're not human, they don't have human rights. And in the same way you can't rape a fleshlight, you can't rape an android. But replicants in BR2049 are clearly decisively organic which throws this scene back into question. But essentially it's the same reason why killing replicants is called "retiring" them.

Good post

it wasn't rape but shoving her against the window was a bit much. kiss was hot as hell though

it was the early 80s, when men were real men.

>and I have serious worries about anyone who thinks otherwise
Have you ever seen a film noir, idiot? That scene is straight out of one.

kys faggot

Why did that replicator kiss Tyrell?

He's teaching her about sex and desire. Like she says, she can't rely on her own memories about sex, so Deckard is doing some creative programming.

I can't wait till you guys get charged with rape and come whining to Sup Forums about how SJW feminism has gone too far cause the accusation against you is totally bullshit, even though you physically prevented the girl from trying to leave and forced yourself on her when she tried to say no.

Yes, he does rape her, but she is a replicant, so she's technically not a human. Does this make it right or wrong? Probably wrong, but not illegal. He tells her kiss me because she is a replicant and must follow orders, especially ones given by Deckard... it seems.

They were both sexually inexperienced and only acted on how they were programmed to think love and sex were. That's why they go through the motions of a sex scene but it's so awkward and rapey.

You are a dumb faggot and nobody cares about what you have to say.

not only in Blade Runner

harrison ford is a rapist
youtube.com/watch?v=wWoP8VpbpYI

Massively underrated

No one cares, yet you keep replying ever more butthurt. Good going lad

stop posting, nigger

>yfw the scene in star wars and blade runner were absent from the script and completely ad-libbed by Ford by who kept forgetting that he was on a movie set

>STOP TRIGGERING ME REEEE
what did he mean by this?

In film noir, male characters force themselves onto women all the time. It usually turns romantic. You can see it in some non-noir films also, like early James Bond films, with Bond going for the kiss and the love interest giving in. Blade Runner is a film noir, and you're spewing completely shit like a triggered women. It was a different time, don't watch if you can't stomach it, sweetie.

Why do you think that providing the scene with historical or genre context changes whether or not it's rape?

This is a good post and you should feel good.

>unironically using the word triggered

>rape

No. OP, never listen to hysterical feminists. They say one thing, then do the complete opposite.