The Women Who Have Ruined Star Wars

>Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm, is supposed to rule over the franchise’s canon, story and make sure the continuity and consistency is seamless.

>It seems they were busy promoting the diversity on their team instead of guaranteeing success for the franchise. In an interview with Fortune, she explained:

>“Fifty percent of our executive team are women. Six out of eight of the people in my Story Group are women. I think it’s making a huge difference in the kind of stories we’re trying to tell.”

>While she ran around with “The force is female” t-shirts and staffed her story group with women, she apparently forgot to actually plan out this franchise.

dangerous.com/39863/meet-women-ruined-star-wars/

Other urls found in this thread:

lucasfilm.com/our-team/kiri-hart
imdb.com/name/nm1848009/
twitter.com/hansolo
amazon.com/Black-Cauldron-25th-Anniversary-Special/dp/B003RACGZM
youtube.com/watch?v=QcfoDmFw_xM
youtube.com/watch?v=JksPZIEd-UA
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7Re6dX0O8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do hope that Kathleen gets axed

>“The force is female”
This is the type of shit that causes men not to the women seriously. LOL, the force is female!!! No, it's some made up children shit you dumb cunt. Now you are inserting politics in it making it even more stupid than it was originally.

Space Wizards became #RESIST fuck Drumpf You Go Girl Space Wizards

Who didn't see backlash coming?

It could have all been solved by just adding "also" to it.
Sure, it would have still been retarded since Star Wars has never lacked female characters, but it would have at least hidden her blatant intent.

Sure is affecting the kind of stories they tell. They’re becoming shit.
But let’s not blame the actresses for being given shitty lines to read. Who, having won a role in fucking Star Wars, would choose to leave it in protest?

I personally don't blame Admiral Tumblr or Rose for their roles, since, assuming they were directed to be as patronizing as humanly possible, there was pretty much nothing they could do.
Daisy Ridley, on the other hand, could have at least got some acting lessons. She seriously can't act her way out of a paper bag in any scene where she's talking like a normal person.

THIS ARTICLE IS RAPE

DELETE THIS I'M CALLING THE COPS

She created the story group supposedly to make sure the stories don't become a messed up nonsense conflicting with canon. In fact there was already 2 guys dedicated for this. But Kiri Hart decided to recruit a team entirely made of women. and you know what happened next.

>lucasfilm.com/our-team/kiri-hart
>Kiri Hart has worked in film for more than 20 years as a story analyst, writer, and development executive. In 2012, she helped form Lucasfilm's Story Group, and currently serves as its Development lead.

You just know she is deep into social justice, critical theory, etc

You mean you didn't believe her delivery when she bypassed the compressor?

She's even worse in TLJ. Her early dialogue with Luke is practically laying down roots.

Dern didn't ruin a thing, soyboy

She will after Solo smolders as a dumpster fire and Disney has to write off the 500 - 600 million dollar loss. After she's gone, they will ax Johnson's new trilogy, because they can't afford more BS.

except the role of the admiral jej. nice acting btw lmao

Hope her and Kennedy go after the shit that was RO and TLJ. There is no way they live this down and keep their well-payed, plush jobs.
>I'd add TFA but it was financially successful so Disney probably doesn't care about that

Sadly, they'll probably last until IX.
They can shift blame for this one and make Solo seem like their first real fuck up, but if IX underperforms too, Disney will hold a vast "Restructure" and use it to try regaining some hype for a new trilogy

Kek. Remember when she claimed that calling Rey a Mary Sue was sexist because it was a girl's name?

Will they declare the new films non canon? Will we finally see the old EU put to film?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

If the "Force is Female" it should be easy for them to create their own super-successful franchise.

>Will they declare the new films non canon?
Not so long as it's perceived as part of Disney. Disney almost never admit a fuck up, and making them non canon would be precisely that. The only chance of it happening is if they pretend to make it a separate part, so it's considered a new start rather than repairing a fuck up.

>Will we finally see the old EU put to film?
Doubtful.
For one, they'd have to pay the original authors. For another, so long as sequel material is running it stands as competition.

The only EU author they've got on board so far is Timothy Zahn, and there's no way they'll adapt original Thrawn because it would be frankly embarrassing when it shows up how badly the ST has fucked up a sequel.

She won't. You underestimate the power of the vagina.

you underestimate the power of money

>thinking Disney gives a single fuck about causes when money is on the line
Oh, I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things

I think this film already has them on thin ice. The reception is awful, despite disneyshills trying to convince everyone otherwise. Solo will push them over the edge. They will have jewjew made a mediocre but well-received film that ties everything together as best as possible; guarantee that Mark Hamill will be in it and it will be total fan service but one that's needed.

I can't see Disney letting Kennedy and Hart survive the crash of Solo. SW is supposed to be a sure thing for them and the creative decisions are costing them.

>Amy Pascal blames her failure on "systemic sexism."
>She gets positive press because of it.
I wonder where I got the idea from.

i have a high suspicion the next episode will barely break a billion, if that, i dont see a lot of nerds giving a fuck anymore

Disney has unpersoned films before. Ever heard of The Black Cauldron? A film that did so poorly in the 80s(which isn't that long in terms of pop culture) they wiped virtually every record of it. I don't even think it's out on Blu Ray.

Shut the fuck up fag at least three people on the Disney board ARE FUCKING MAOISTS.

>Solo releases in may
>has had a troubled production, but Disney refuses to push it back any further
>Ep IX starts filming in June
That actually does make me think that they're worried.
It could be a coincidence, but they've left enough time for them to work in changes if the movie causes yet more bad will.

Why would having more women make any difference on the stories? I thought men and women were supposed to be equal or something..

um thats not how it works sweetie honey

this. But she will be replaced with someone equally as bad.

They're perfectly willing to lie through their teeth pretending they care and give lip service to people like Kennedy.
They just don't actually give a fuck when the chips are down.

I tried to find what she actually worked on and the only thing I found is George Lucas 2012 kids cgi film Strange Magic. Nothing else. where does this bitch even come from is a mystery.

You're on fire buddy. Keep going

More diversity = more equality. Duh.

It's also got no connection to things fans actually give a fuck about
Rogue one had the Death Star plans, which was what kicked off the OT.

We know nothing about what Solo will actually be. Sure, people like the characters, but it was Billy Dee and Harrison's performances that make them memorable.
That's not to mention that the troubled production, already failing reputation of New Wars and acting coach info means that confirmation bias will be firmly against the movie from the beginning.

So why do they jerk off Black Panther and Coco? There aren't a lot of Asians or Middle easterners in those films, hmmm?

>missing daisy ridley.

Damn, anons right. Every film Disney has released that bombed is swept under the rug.

Of course she has a MacBook, might as well be the token diversity member of the HuffPo Editorial staff.

Merch is left unbought, the nerds are all over YT and Twitter shitting on TLJ. The test will be Solo. Ron Howard took over when it was 99% done and has practically reshot the whole thing. The production budget alone must be approaching 400 - 500 million now. They haven't even begun paying for marketing. They may cut that budget (which would be around 200 million) just to minimise the loss.

Consider then they have to do media damage control and double efforts to hype Ep 9 for a whole year. That's going to be hard to do, since TLJ ends with no real conflict and leaves nothing to speculate on, nothing to get hyped about. They painted themselves into a corner creatively. SW is going to cost them overall rather than be a win.

Oh, my holy Lady Holdo, I will never doubt your authority again. I m waiting in my dungeon until you decide to whip my unworthy ass bloody.

this article needs to be continuously updated as the RT score goes lower and lower and lower

IT WAS HER TURN!!!

>very hungry

Yeah, we can see.

checked n kekked

This is pushing sadomasochism to the masses.

Yeah, or the obvious.

For some utterly bizarre reason, Daisy is getting shielded from criticism. Hardly anyone praises her, but she's not getting the battering her Hayden tier performance deserves, and she doesn't even have Hayden's excuse of being railroaded.

The actresses have no responsibility for this shitshow

>We know nothing about what Solo will actually be.
>Kessel run
>Jabba
>Bobba Fett
>Vader cameo
>Cantina
>Greedo
>Cloud City
>Obi-wan Kenobi cameo
It's all they got. It will be full on SW fan service: the movie.

Why was this story group that was full of more than 50% women utterly fail in their sole stated reason for being 'continuity and consistency' when it came to TFA to TLJ?

Because they didn't care about actual story. They just wanted that it was diverse, female-led, and insulted what they perceive to be the alt-right, white, manbabies who constitute the hardcore SW fanbase.

It's offensive to make fun of the disabled user.

They're filled with one variant of minority. That's enough for them.

Being able to open beer bottles and not require a hammer for her crab legss sounds like a superpower to me.

Can someone explain to me who this bitch is and how she got to where she has? Does it involve fucking a lot of executives?

That's how it is with me. I can actually feel myself getting tired of Star Wars. Which is kind of scary in a way. I don't want to move on from Star Wars.

Yearly release schedule was a mistake. Yearly release with really bad writing decisions and uninspiring mediocre material was a BIG mistake.

She probably procured underage sex for Spielberg and other Jews; as a woman it's easy to get close to children.

imdb.com/name/nm1848009/

Seems to just have worked at Lucasfilm. Literally a diversity hire. Very much story focused stuff.

she bites dick bro so you better watch out

How has it taken you all this long to realize that star wars is dead?

Disney killed it with the force awakens and it was fucking obvious that that had just happened. No idea why anyone would be delusional enough to think rogue one or this new trash would be any better - or blame them for ruining what was already ruined beyond any help whatsoever

Please tell me that article is satire.

>studying astrology
>studying
this makes me irrationally upset

>How has it taken you all this long to realize that star wars is dead?
Star Wars died when it ended with a teddy bear party in 1983.

Whites are technically a minority worldwide.

Timothy Zahn might have brought it back briefly...

Reminder that they don't even hide the fact that their evil lord is wearing black and their mindless followers are wearing white..

Pure Poetry

don't forget about the EU
it definitely lived on there - teddy bears or no

Honestly, I'm just amazed that Star Wars was able to include a Mary Sue character even more egregious than Rey.
>rebels against the system to become an interstellar legend
>dyed hair, representing her adventurous personality
>studies astrology, somehow notably knowledgeable despite this
>literal 'quirky personality' that is conveniently absent in her movie characterisation, speaks in metaphors in an 'oh-too-serious' attitude. Eccentric.
>'No matter how arrogant, she was a determined and patriotic woman'.
This entire sum-up is seriously something I'd expect to find on Deviantart.

I wonder what people thought about Star Wars after watching ROTJ in '83? Did they ever think it would turn into the clusterfuck it is now?

>Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors
>Mara Jade
>Exar Kun
>Revan
>Talon Karrde
It's a gold mine.

Surprisingly, Zahn was probably responsible for the prequels happening

well there was a difference alright...

I can´t find the source... Give me a minute.

Is that a new pasta ?

can't tell if being ironic...

but yes, I enjoyed the convoluted back stories and video games just as much as the next curtain rod flailer

Some of the videogames have stories that could easily be reworked into good movies, or even trilogies.

twitter.com/hansolo

>can't tell if being ironic...
I'm not. Those characters are incredible.

You seem to be under the false impression that diversity means lots of different things.
Diversity just means "not white".
Before you tell me to go back to Sup Forums, the NBA was labeled the most diverse organization in the world, even though its literally 99% black people.

agreed

its real
cant post the link because its from facebook.

You don't need to move on. All of the rest of Star Wars is still there. It's not like the original movies are going anywhere, and if recent fan demand says anything, it's that all the old stuff is being refurbished and restored the way it originally was.

There's nothing wrong with approaching the new films coming out and their rabid fanbases by saying - 'they're just movies, dude'.
Because they are. There's nothing inherently special about them as a form of entertainment.

Star Wars TLJ is living proof that leftist ideology is pure nonsensical garbage

My ex knew that film.

Did she own it on VHS?

She remembered it fondly so she must have seen it several times, not just once on TV, I downloaded it for us to watch but we never had the occasion.

Huh. I need better sources.

Reminder that if you hate this movie, you hate women and are a virgin loser.

This is what people actually believe.

Gotcha lemme phone her real quick. Oh wait.

It's on DVD.

Aren't they making a live action version of the book series which the original Black Cauldron was based off of?

Ironically, the best response to people who actually think this is from the same movie

amazon.com/Black-Cauldron-25th-Anniversary-Special/dp/B003RACGZM
My kids love it.

>ALIENS HAVE TO BE DRIPPING WITH GREASE AND HAVE BONES SHOWING OR THEY RUIN THE MOVIE!
go to bed, Ridley.

>All the cool shit from Star Wars is non-canon now, except for the original trilogy.
>They are too stupid even to do a Kyle Katarn action movie, which is just about an ex-stormtrooper turned mercenary/smuggler and later Jedi who just prefers to use grenades, traps, guns and heavy weaponry to fuck people up

Kotor2 also easily could have served as a top tier trilogy, the only thing they'd have to do for it is cut the weaker characters, decide on a personality for the protagonist and it would have been killer.

youtube.com/watch?v=QcfoDmFw_xM
youtube.com/watch?v=JksPZIEd-UA
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7Re6dX0O8

That Asian girl looks really homely.

>I think it’s making a huge difference in the kind of stories we’re trying to tell.”
What story? It was just a bunch of mostly pointless shit that happened and answered almost nothing. How did the characters grow? How is the resistance in a different situation other than still being extremely outnumbered and disadvantaged? Does Leia showing competency with the Force mean anything?

Fuck, even little things like what was the point of Luke projecting himself to "show up" and just die as if he were lightsabered anyway? They could have just had him actually show up and just imagine the twin sunsets in his last moment and nothing would have changed.

So much of this movie was just pointless. No meaningful character arc or changes of dynamics or anything. Rylo even went backwards by hesitating to take out mom.