Solo: A Star Wars Disaster

>Had to bring in acting coaches for both major actors
>Whole film had to be re-shot after original directors were fired for making a comedy film
>Still haven't seen a second of footage: no trailer, no behind the scenes, not even a teaser
>Haven't seen anything of the film outside this photo
>Only 4 and a half months away from release

Just how bad is it going to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4
youtube.com/watch?v=2htoOFx0uhw
archive.is/h3o3H
youtube.com/watch?v=hjHBMRMSlm4
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ff3dL1YdS8
youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI
cbr.com/han-solo-ron-howard-reshoots/
ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/
youtube.com/watch?v=0ee5Nx1Ci2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will be mediocre. Obviously, massive casting mistake in their choice for Han, not only does he look nothing like Harrison, he can't act. That girl from GoT overacts but she'll pull in enough normies to justify the casting.

I think the difference between it bombing and it being mediocre will be how Lando is done. If they fuck him up, this will go down in flames.

>That girl from GoT overacts
I'll be surprised if she displays a single shred of emotion on the entire film.

Her eyebrows will

Inb4 got girl is the stronk wymyn that pulls off the kessel run and Han takes credit for it. Ss this.

I don't think Lando will be the key. They need to start marketing if they expect people to get interested. Regular Star Wars fans will already have been alienated somewhat and this film did kind of feel like a story that didn't need to be told from the get-go. It needs to actually be a watchable film and that doesn't seem like it's going to be possible. They didn't even re-do the script before re-shooting. They shot a whole film that was somehow interpreted as a comedy, scrapped and then re-shot and seemingly not changed because Michael K. Williams part had to be cut completely because they couldn't get him back for re-shoots due to scheduling conflicts.

>not only does he look nothing like Harrison, he can't act
you could just summarise this as he's ugly as fuck, you dont need to be able to act to be an actor, just attractive

too many meme people. what happened to casting departments.

what scares me is that it's been done since october so it's likely lots of the negative aspects of TLJ people hated are in this film as well, if there's another forced animal cruelty or trafficking subplot, i refuse to see it

>jewish nepotism prevented this guy from getting cast as han solo
youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

there's going to be more shoe-horned social messages, that's kennedy's style

solo won't break 1 billion (despite costing nearly 400 million to produce), it will be a write off

He already played young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeleine, so he doesnt get another turn.

seems like a faggot too, there were 2 good one on the shortlist can't remember who though

It will no doubt feature all that shit. It was conceived by the same story group that pissed all over the mythos for the last two films. They had no idea people would hate their terrible ideas for Last Jedi so they'd be just as oblivious conceiving the script for this. And despite having to re-shoot an entire film they were so attached to whatever the original script was they didn't alter it.
I don't know how a script can be misinterpreted as a comedy, shot as one and it only comes up as an issue once the whole fucking film is shot.
A film about the production of Solo behind the scenes would be more entertaining than Solo will be.

Christ, those actors look like a bunch of fags. No way in hell this movie doesn't suck ass.

am i the only one who thinks he looks retarded? Not to mention that he nervously moves his ayes around and looks like an autist

now imagine him in a fully fledged big budged hollywood movie

its different than sitting on your chair pretending to be one guy for 1 minute after practicing for 30 days

Why can't it be a comedy? Han Solo has a lot of comedic moments

Donald Glover is fine acting so I doubt that part is an issue. Just relies on the writing.

>Just relies on the writing.
Then they are truly screwed.

>Had to bring in acting coaches for both major actors
>massive casting mistake in their choice for Han

Han Solo film's original directors being flippant about how the lead actor was selected:
youtube.com/watch?v=2htoOFx0uhw

Spielberg appoints friend actor met at a bat mitzvah to be Disney's Han Solo.
archive.is/h3o3H

Poor Woody and guy from Community.

I heard it was like ace ventura in space, I hope there’s a scene where Han talks out his butthole using his hands to flap the cheeks.

>Worldwide casting call
>See over 3000 auditions
>In the end just get told you're going to use the first guy shown because the studio head's friend has insisted he'd be perfect
Jesus Christ. Hollywood executives really are stupid and exceptional at wasting time and money. She obviously knew from the start she was going to pick the kid Spielberg suggested. Why did she even allow those directors to waste all that time? To deceive them into feeling like they would had some control?

Just looked up the director and all he's done is lego movies and cartoons. This is going to be spectacularly bad

better bring in the manlet jew who looks nothing like han, that'll work

Those 21 Jump Street guys aren't even directing any more, they replaced them with Ron Howard after the shot the entire film and did it all over again.

>Donald Glover
isn't lando and never will be. did you see how he looked in that leaked toy art?

Wow what a clusterfuck. Theyre just flushing money down the toilet

Imagine if we were getting ‘Darth Bane’ directed by Mel Gibson instead of this.

If they pulled of a Wonder Woman its going to be ok the problem to me is the same problem that the prequels and Rogue One had. WE KNOW HOW IT ENDS thats why Rian Johnson's changes where so fucking obtuse to the audience even though they are killing the old Star Wars to make it. ARTSY FARTSY

there isn't a chance anything about this shit is going to be ok.

I would honestly much rather see the "Ace Ventura in Space" thing the Miller's apparently made. You know now it's just gonna be lukewarm, no risks, some cool moments, lot's of pandering.

>Ace Ventura in Space

At least it would have been relatively different. I just find it so odd that the script was interpreted to be a comedy in the first place. How ridiculous was it?

youtube.com/watch?v=hjHBMRMSlm4

>
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ff3dL1YdS8

Why didn't they get this guy.. he was good in Age of Adelaide as young Ford.

>>Whole film had to be re-shot after original directors were fired for making a comedy film
is this true?

My goodness. It's one thing to have a mediocre actor play Han Solo, but to have everyone see that you passed on a readily available actor who has demonstrated the ability to deliver on a role portraying a young Harrison Ford... how utterly embarrassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI

Don't know if the whole movie has to be reshot, but the directors were indeed fired for turning (and this is not hyperbole) Han Solo into Ace Ventura. Yeah... No way in hell this movie will be any good. The only reason they reshot R1 because it was too fucking dark, you can work around that (50% was reshot).

If these rumours are true then this movie will be a train wreck

minimum 60% probably closer to 90%

>because it was too fucking dark,
too bad what they gave us was utter shit.

Does anyone have that Han Solo: a Disney Channel Original meme? It was pretty good. I wish I had saved it.

Yes.
>Ron Howard became the director for the film following Lord and Miller’s departure, and while it’s never officially been stated just how much of the movie Howard has re-shot, a new report indicates that his changes are substantial.
>According to podcast The Resistance Broadcast, Howard re-shot “nearly all” of the upcoming spin-off movie, resulting in the budget doubling, which also means that much of Lord and Miller’s cut won’t appear on the big-screen any time soon.

cbr.com/han-solo-ron-howard-reshoots/

>According to some sources, the split was a subtle one that became magnified over time: Lucasfilm and producer Kennedy believed Lord and Miller were hired to add a comedic touch; Lord and Miller believed they were hired to make a comedy. Those close to the directors dispute this.
>Ironically, last year, when Rogue One was undergoing reshoots, fans were critical because they assumed Lucasfilm was trying to “lighten” the war story with more comedy. Those concerns were unfounded, but now the opposite may be the case for the Han Solo film: Lucasfilm wants young Han Solo to be even more grounded.

ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/

Who needed an acting coach besides the guy playing Han? Was it Emilia?

>Han? Was it Emilia?
yeah it was definitely those two

You know, I would even rather see a film where Woody plays Han than this fucking jew that can't act.

After TLJ I'm refusing to see them in general...

But then that would exclude me from potential shitposting possibilities... fuck

I like R1. If you even bother to respond to this, I'll just tell you to scramble through a bag of dicks and suck each one off one at a time.

It's been said they brought in one for her but looking now I can only find it being brought in for him, late in production, because they just weren't happy with his performance.
The Clarke stuff might have just been a rumour started after Ehrenreich needed one though desu she desperately needs one. She's fucking awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ee5Nx1Ci2U
(jump to 3:30 to see just how fucking awful she can)

Nigga i haven't seen it either and i'm shitposting about it every day

>But then that would exclude me from potential shitposting possibilities... fuck
There will be a camrip up here within a day or two. That's how I'll be watching. I won't spend a cent on Star Wars as long as Kathleen Kennedy is head of Lucasfilm.

I'd rather just see him on a random adventure, no han, chewie, lando, falcon, kessel run, vader or mother of burgers.

you like r1 because you don't like star wars

They were 3 weeks away from being done with principal photography. They were three weeks away from having something in the can and they scrapped it all and brought in a new director.

I've heard upwards of 80 percent to a point where they basically re-did the whole movie. Apparently this has nearly doubled the cost of the initial production.

lmao hasn't she already said she's quitting acting?

r1 rules ur double gay idiot

I waited for the dvd torrent for r1 but just watched the camrip stream for tlj, i'll never pay for another star wars.

Wouldn't surprise me. Once GoT is done she'll have amassed a $40 million fortune from something she is terrible at. Quit while you're ahead.

It'll be very telling when Rogue One and Last Jedi, both films with female leads, excel in sales while the movie with some white dude flops.
Hopefully Hollywood gets the hint.

he looks like he's in severe pain

>r1 rules ur double gay idiot
where are you visiting from user?
did you really enjoy that blind "the force is with me " faggot?

Woody Harrelson & Emilia Clark are two people that should never, ever be associated with anything Star Wars.

>some white dude
he's a jew from Spielbergs stable

>That girl from GoT overacts
Memes can be actors user. Ask Bryan Cranston.

Why can't they just break between 2 or 3 years between each new Star wars movie and focus that effort on other media cross over?

I highly suggest you scramble through a bag of dicks and suck each one off one at a time, faggot.

That means the budget for Solo is going to balloon out to around $400 million or more even before marketing. Is that why there's no marketing? There's nothing left in the budget for marketing?

Not him but I think Rogue One had some great visuals and it actually looked and flowed like a movie as opposed to the new mainline titles
The plot was bland but also not as retarded (except for the death star fuse thing) and I liked seeing saw guerrera in live action
It was mediocre but 7 and 8 were putrid garbage so it stands out

lol visiting from ur dad's ass massive fag

they've already spent 4-500 million. It's going to open lower than r1. I can't wait

holy fuck they spent 500 mil on a ace ventura movie in space? AND they have to reshoot? hahahahah calling this a flop is an understatement

>if there's another forced animal cruelty or trafficking subplot, i refuse to see it

I just refuse to see it (ie pay for it).

Lets get real it's going to be shit

>holy fuck they spent 500 mil on a ace ventura movie in space? AND they have to reshoot?

They've spent that after re-shooting because they essentially made two films by making the same film twice. Add in marketing , if they ever start, and it could easily be $650-$700 million for one film that seems destined to bomb. Holy shit,
I understand why they've decided to start filming IX a month after this thing is released. It gives them time to decide whether they start restructuring Lucasfilm before or after Episode IX to ensure they can mitigate the damage to the franchise.

TLJ cams were out on kodi forks/torrent like 2 days after release you mongoloid

>"ace ventura in space"
>not "space ventura"

fuck off cunt, if you went to see the last two you'll see this one

Isn't the whole reason for reshoots because they don't want space ventura?

for some reason youngsters seem to be terrified of torrents these days

yeah but it will be garbage anyway, they've already ruined star wars. might as well give us a dumpster fire to watch instead of more bland shit.

>holy fuck they spent 500 mil
No. There's literally no reliable source for that (and that'd be pretty big news considering it would be by far the most expensive film ever made).

That's why Kodi+forks exists
Get kodi
Add forks

>Just how bad is it going to be?
This is exactly what Sup Forums said before TFA, Rogue One and TLJ came out and they all made over a billion dollars at the box office.

You people are laughable fucking idiots.

How will they fuck up the obi-wan solo movie?

it'll be animated to save money after solo doesn't make it's production budget back.

>a billion dollars at the box office.
>Billion
People keep throwing around this number as if capeshit doesn't regularly hit this.

A New Hope made 775.4 million at box office in may 1977

Adjusted for inflation that's over 3 Billion dollars at the box office

Tickets now are like 15 dollars as well
Tickets in 1977 were less than 5 dollars.

1 Billion dollars isn't a big deal anymore when a game can make that in pre-orders and day 1 sales in the first 24 hours - GTAV did that years ago (800 million in the US alone in the first 24 hours)

>Quality is determined by box office

You're also underestimating the absolute clusterfuck of the production of Solo, the fact there is no marketing despite release being so close and the potential audience blowback from people off-put from the franchise after the Last Jedi travesty.

Don't bother, these autists can only understand one thing when it comes to casting: this guy must look just like other guy, otherwise my fan edits won't line up nice.

>Adjusted for inflation
that's not how money works

>GTAV did that years ago (800 million in the US alone in the first 24 hours)

You made me curious to check out just how much Rockstar makes from GTA V and holy shit, $2 billion from retail sales and GTA online made $418 million just from 3 months last year. From a 4 year old game. I wonder how much money they've made all up?
Fuck me, no wonder Rockstar don't bother making anything new anymore. They can just milk GTA forever.

t. alden

this is what bothers me we'll likely never know the full extent of the problems behind the scenes in these films or really know what anyone involved thinks. the commentary and featurettes will be shmooze fests and the most critical things we'll hear will be about different 'visions' fuckin shame because i bet there''s some really interesting stuff there.

for a movie set a couple of years before a new hope you'd think they'd try to get something close, not a guy who's a foot shorter and looks nothing like harrison ford

it will take a few years but stuff will leak, they can't stop firing people too and they like to talk.

that precisely how it works you impossible dipshit

You think Disney is gonna leave $600mil on the table every year? We are getting a main saga movie every odd year and an 'anthology' film every even year. FOREVER. After this bomb Disney is just gonna cut prod costs (but not marketing) a bit for future installments.

Are you adjusting all earnings from 1977 to 2017 dollars, or separating earnings from releases from their respective years?

>fans were critical because they assumed Lucasfilm was trying to “lighten” the war story with more comedy. Those concerns were unfounded
But that exactly what they did in the reshoots. These fucking media shills baka

>it will take a few years but stuff will leak, they can't stop firing people too and they like to talk.

Hell no user. It's the fucking mouse. Mark Hamill spoke out about how much the mouse shit on the character of Luke but once the mouse heard about the shit he was slinging there way, the Mouse grabbed him by the testicles real quick, twisted hard and said "listen up boy we own you, rescind your comments or we will bury you alive and screaming". And surprise surprise Mark changed his tune and started praising the eternal Mouse and his eternal greatness.

And that's Mark Hamill, who has a lot less to lose then the young fresh faces in this movie. You seriously, SERIOUSLY think that any of the young people with potentially long and fruitful careers ahead of them are ever going to say anything bad about the production of this film? Or any of the crew, who know how the fucking game is played? Hahahaha no. Hahahahaha.

No. Not a chance.

This. A young Han Solo would be a frat boy for sure.

>National Lampoon's Solo: A Star Wars Party

mark is still under contract, that contract will run out eventually.

You're assuming Disney don't have some perpetuity clause in disparaging the films. They're notorious aggressive about stopping negative criticism or stories.