TRUE

TRUE

ROMAN

BREAD

NIGGERS

>oh mom, other Sup Forums edgy thread xD

muh unclean tradesmen

>muh Sup Forums

Holy shit could you be any more insufferable?

mock the jews, fuck it.

AND I, BARON VLADIMIR HARKONNEN WILL

Do this favor

What the fuck are you talking about?

ET TU, BRUTUS...?

Which Octavian do you like more?

For me, it's young Octavian.

Kill yourself

>but who will honour my name when i'm gone? Who will pay proserpina and pluto for my keep? who will pour wine upon my grave?

4th season of Rome were the Newsreader gets transported to 20th century Germania and pics up a job in the Ministry of Propaganda. I honestly think they were running out of ideas at that point.

THIRTTEEEEEN

THIRTNEEEEEN!!!

First one desu. Why was everything about the second season so much worse?

>I am no coward..it's just who will protect my wife when I am gone? Who will protect her..

Then in the 5th season he takes what he learned to become king of the Alemanni back in the 1st century BC

Anyone notice the theme of characters looking into those distorting Roman era mirrors whenever they were about to do something inhumane?

Nothing about the second season is worse, older Octavian is great.

>yfw scene where Antony think's Cleopatra killed herself

He was too pure for her ;_;

The later seasons of Rome got weird

Now, your best method of pleasing a woman is the warm, beating heart of an enemy. Oh, women say they don't like it, but they do! Makes them wet as October!

Kiss me, Sup Forums

Favorite Senator?

Liberals, newfags and Marvel fans always appear in Soprano, Deadwood and Rome threads and accuses everyone of being old ""edgy"" Sup Forumsfags

Finally in season 6 he becomes a consular correspondent who uses his previously attained knowledge to aid the in salvation of the peaceful wachootoo. And in the process he does battle with fellow time traveler Publius Servilius

Season 6 was total fan service.

Cato and it's not even close irl

I have no idea why I typed irl at the end of that sentence

Cicero is a really great guy, at least as a writer. Rome got me looking into his works, which in turn got me looking into stoicism. Cicero studied all the Hellnic schools, and created a syncretic system taking the best from all schools. For life advice and ethics, he adopted stoicism.

On Duty, On Aging, and others are solid life advice. Proper stoicism via Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, and Seneca are nice too.

That's weird. I'm quite liberal but I love the show.

That's right Antony, I have decided to follow the God of the Judeans and this prophet Christ. Join me to crush the Babylonian hordes.

babylonian hordes you say?

I am preglant. PREGLANT!

After all these years of time traveling, I just want to go back our own time and fuck my slaves.

>There are even those *unwise* men who say that repeating digits in a northern quadrant and neither indicant, nor negation!
>Such are the barbarous innovations of our day

MAKE A FUCKING SHOW ABOUT MARIUS AND SULLA JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Is the guy who played Marc Antony good in other things? I loved him in Rome.

I would love HBO to make a spiritual successor to Rome with some of the same actors.
Either Crisis of the 3rd Century or during the time of Justinian.

Rome isn't as popular as Game of Plebs. It's a shame, really.

We could have gotten seasons about later Roman emperors all the way up to the fall of the West. Maybe a prequel season with Marius and Sulla. Maybe a follow up series about Byzantine.

>Justinian

byzantine greek fucking shits get out

I wish some billionaire classical history enthusiast would spend his fortune funding historical films or something. There's so much potential for great movies.

I once ate the tablets the new was written on

What are some other good movies/shows about Rome? I've seen Gladiator and Spartacus and plan to watch I, Claudius at some point but I don't really know of many others.

History of the world part 1

I Claudius