The Last Disappointment

>Watch TFA in 2015
>"Oh shit, what a cliffhanger! I can't wait to see how Luke will react!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

having him throw the lightsaber as a joke was so fucking weak and was not at all worth the 2 year wait

What the fuck did you expect?

>Some magical "I'm going to teach you the ways of the force 2.0?" Here are your robes pandawan. Craft your lightsaber.

We don't need more KOTOR autism. Luke was great in this.

I 100% knew he would do that. Dont have how to prove it, but i totally did.

>defending a 50% movie

>you will never have a girl stare at you like that
c-can you bros just describe what it's like?

He could have destroyed it. Just leaving the crystal or whatever. Tossing it is just lame and rude, childlike.

what did you expect him to do? take it and cry while looking at a double sunset while they blast john williams

A girl looking at you like that is not an actual good thing.

Women are shit. You arent missing anything.

Because Luke had an arc. He started off broken and was being a bitch because of his failure. Yoda helped him see the lesson he learned and inspired him to go out like a legend.

I don't care. It was a great movie to me.

it's like coming up with all possible correct answers to an equation, choosing one of them and then being told any of the other equally correct answers would have been a better choice

I'd settle for a girl looking at me with any kind of emotion other than disgust

He inspired him to die in the lamest way ever? How EPIC dude.

He could have just dropped it at her feet in a dramatic moment instead of throwing it for unfunny comedy

Go away r9k, ur not deformed just a whinny babby. Stfu or just kill yourself.

i didnt expect much but having am unfunny and out of character joke is worse than him just flat out saying no

Does anyone remember when they were talking about him losing weight and quitting smoking for this. So he could be in shape for these movies. If he knew what he was getting into do you think he would have tried as hard?

Disney-Marvel bathos. Thanks, Joss.

>'no'
> then cut to some space battle or whatever
Its perfect. Why try retarded comedy instead?

I thought it was epic though. He played Kylo and the first order like a fool. Used his power to do something unbelievable and the rebels. Doesn't need to be a laser sword fight for it to be powerful. The wide frame shots, the beautiful cinematography, sound and score of the scene made it epic enough.

I mean, if he had a real long ROTS lightsaber fight you fags would just bitch and moan about video game power level shit like "how the fuck does kylo ren beat luke" or whatever. I thought it was fine.

So you unironically paid to watch that movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

Yes. Expected him to do some cool jedi shit yes. Drop it in the ocean for her to get or dismantle it or have it float above the island or ask how she got it. Something samurai like. Anything except for what they did. In fact they didn’t even need to show it. Just cut to her training and he teaches her control but she keeps lighting shit on fire or something.

I just got home from my second viewing so yes. I'm not a fag that just likes to watch the plot on a shitty camera recording. I like to appreciate ILM and John Williams on the big screen.

why does she look so nice on screen but when i see her in interviews, she's a rat-faced monster with big teeth?

Is it TLJ's fault alone for being the worse film of the franchise, or did TFA leave it absolute shit to work with?

you must be a victim of the new math

Is this supposed to change my mind or something? Listen to some underage give a rant that I've read a million times on this board?

>Something samurai like. Anything except for what they did

I would have been happy if he just looked at it fondly for a moment then recognized it as part of his past then handed it back to her.

Rian Johnson convinced Kathleen Kennedy so much that he hates white males that she probably didn't even check up on him and let him do whatever he wanted. This is backed up by the fact that she gave him a trilogy based solely on his love of strong women characters... he even admitted he has no actual idea for his trilogy.

At least be a little sentimental for a second, maybe a "Haven't seen this since..." and then turn focus to Rey. He can still refuse if they really wanted him to.

But there was no point in having him throw it away except to get a quick laugh that didn't even work.

>plot

Hehe

im a (former) victim of the long term relationship

Not that Abrams, sadly

best and worst is subjective

The Mouse is just gonna straight up crucify Rian isn't it?

I'm with ya. i saw it for the first time on tuesday. not nearly as bad as people are saying it is, and i much preferred it to TFA, which was literally just a shot for shot remake of ANH.

>there was no glass shattering sound when he threw the lightsaber

They might as well have gone full ham.

This is something I’ve been trying to figure out too: to me she’s an absolute qt in nu wars, but in everything else she’s like a 6 to me.

Who gives a fuck about what you think?

It's worse than 2 years. People have been waiting since 1983 to see Luke again. I remember in another thread a mom was posting about his mom crying in disbelief over TLJ saying "I waited for years for this?"

I met a friend today who used to be huge in Star Wars, delved deep into the EU and such. He said he's done with Star Wars now. He cannot be alone.

Yes

r8 my oc

terrible
i dont recommend it

I dunno, who gives a fuck about what you think? Personally I don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks about what I think.

who gives a fuck what anybody thinks, and yet we all post our opinions anyway else we would not be here

I have a gf user. If shes looking at you like that theres a good chance your day is going to be ruined shortly.

TFA was fine with how it was set up. It just shouldn't have been an immediate sequel other than seeing Luke's reaction, and then cutting to a few weeks or months later once Rey is trained up and knowledgeable but maybe not in the same ways of the Jedi, because Luke rejects that style of teaching. I think that's what we we're expecting to happen.

>He said he's done with Star Wars now. He cannot be alone.
He isn’t alone; the mouse is losing a LOT of “guaranteed” fans and funds with this one, myself included. I’ll still watch IX, but probably just as a torrented file.

That's gr8 b8.

He literally combines the power of force ghosting with hologram technology. All shit weve seen before. Wow. Oh my.

Yeah, how does that scene play a second time? Or third? Or 10th? The humor's gone because you're expecting it, it was never really funny to begin with because it's so out of character and so disrespectful to everything Star Wars.

>We don't need more KOTOR autism.
I've never seen an opinion on Sup Forums as wrong as this one.

Actually when you're old and grey women love you

Doesn't work. This conversation is before they were found by the probe.

yes it does work, because the rebels were all volunteers, they could leave whenever the fuck they wanted

Was I stupid for expecting some kind of twist or learning of some revelation? Literally nothing happened on that island. They didn't even bother showing the Jedi Academy. It was so boring and unsatisfying. It was like a filler episode.

Never once is this stated.

TLJ is filler

Rose is in the 40 years later SJW rebel alliance.... where people get executed if they dont hate Donald Trfump.

Essentially this. It doesn’t even set anything up; if just spins it’s wheels for two hours

>its stupid to assume that a sequel would pick up where the movie before it left off

how about those shills mang

Luke
Should
Not
Have
Died

>Obi, it's Luke, Luke Skywalker. You're my master so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment on nabu uh.... some tatooine people maybe 5 or 10 um an girl I met in Hoth. I left her in a parking lot behind some cantina. uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a lightsaber, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a senate member, but she's dead too. And Ben. I almost killed Ben with a lightsaber to the face, his body would of been dissolving in a hut but he got away. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have the holo-tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls i've trained have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Achto, so you know, keep your eyes open.

no they just moved it to the next movie.
sidenote luke was never going to do anything he was always ticket bait.

In an alternate universe from our own, Episode 7, 8, and 9 were made a few years after 6, and it was amazing.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>Han is allowed to leave after sitting in on the meeting where they go over the plan to destroy the Death Star
>Luke is just allowed to join and fly with the X-Wings attacking the Death Star
>Han is able to go out and save Luke on Hoth despite the danger

So if Yoda's force ghost showed up where is Obi-Wan's and Anakin's force ghost?

Why was Rey on the verge of tears when she handed the lightsaber over?

Because women can't control their emotions and are unstable

Buying death sticks and fucking twi’lek hookers

Just because they knew each other when they were alive, it doesn't mean they have to keep hanging out after they are dead.

it was hers and she had to give it up
letting go was hard for her

Because women are shit and cry for literally anything. Sometimes with no reason at all. They want to get you into an emotional rollercoster until they break your spirit.

Be aware, son.

Very unlikely. Ep. 6 was when things started going downhill with Star Wars

/true

>having him throw the lightsaber as a joke was so fucking weak and was not at all worth the 2 year wait

If I was rating TLJ as something out of 10, it would gain 2 points just by having Luke not throw the saber.

Disgust is good. Disgust means you know where you stand. It's when a girl looks at you in a friendly way that kills you. Because then you don't know, and then you get hopeful.

The aggressive retardation of your comment (as well as its lurid accentuation of what we could have had) physically hurt. Please unironically kill yourself. Yes, nigger, THAT WAS WHAT WE WERE EXPECTING, THE EPIC SPACE OPERA HERO/HEROINE'S JOURNEY THAT SW IS ACTUALLY FUCKING ABOUT. YOU. STUPID. FUCK.

It's okay man, its okay he's just a Disney shill paid to come and defend the movie. Let him go he' snot worth it.

Rian is such a cucked faggot piece of shit that he's turning JewJew into /ourkike/.

Honestly I his movie makes me physically sick. They can screw with marvel, DC and Star Trek I'm not that invested in them, but Star Wars .... why the fuck do they have to ruin that too? Its just sad how sick of ideas Hollywood is.

I that JewJew is a anti-Semitic slur, but I love how it sounds like a Star Wars name.

This is KOTOR autism
I agree that Luke should have been more in character and
but also it is neat to see Luke as a scruffy old hermit who, like Yoda, is somewhat unwilling at first to train new Jedi
And in the end he did train her a bit, I liked the three lesson deal,
But oh my God we needed to see more of Luke
Luke is a big deal
It would've been more alright if we had seen him more in the last movie, but we didn't, so this guy whom I (and likely most of us) thought of and about for years and years after seeing the OT, got ~ one movie worth of screentime afterwards and a gay death (with no funeral pyre)
I want that funeral pyre.

Abrams still left a semidecent foundation to work from.

>Plasma being badass

>Darth Rey

>Knights of Ren

>Snoke-Plagueis

But these possibilities were trashed by Johnson.
Abrams may have left a mess but it was a mess with a fairly simple checklist to clean up but Johnson ignored it all for "le ebin subversion XXXD"

>"Oh shit, what a cliffhanger! I can't wait to see how Luke will react!"
People really felt this way? Honestly this has been the biggest shock to me after TLJ is finding out that JJ's mystery boxes actually work on people.

>Darth Rey
wut?

You are the perfect movie viewer, accepting everything on screen without question.

huh?

Irrelevant mass replies are fucking cancer and ruin threads

Johnson aint getting a trilogy anymore.

Nigger, what's wrong with so-called 'KOTOR autism'? Your just vomiting buzzwords. I could just as easily dismiss your opinion as 'nu-Wars kikery'.

I am autistic for Kotor.

sauce?