Does Tim Drake still have a place in DC?

Does Tim Drake still have a place in DC?

>can't be Robin again
>Red Robin didn't really work out
>Nu52 raped his character
>not really well known despite being the Robin most people grew up with

He needs a legitimate post-Robin identity. He's the most distilled Robin, and that's all he's ever been. And with Damian not going anywhere that position's full.

What other identities can Tim take up?

Writers don't like using Donut Steel ideas for non-creator owned comics these days.

Easy. Fits with his detective thing, could simply carry over certain elements of his Red Robin suit, and he's a big enough dork to do it. I doubt he'd wear the hat though.

>can't be robin again
Why? I've been all over the place since rebirth. I knew he died or some shit. Is he back?

Just give him a suit.

If they're deadset on not making Barbara into Oracle again then just make Tim the new one.

I think the different Robins have kind of reflected different aspects of Batman (Grayson is the acrobatic, athletic one; Todd [Post-Crisis, at least] is the troubled one with angst; Drake is the cerebral detective; Damien is the one who has a bit of an abrasive personality and puts people off), and the reason that Drake is hard to do is that just being the "smart serious one" kind of makes him boring, if he isn't written well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the "Red Robin" identity. As far as costumes go, I liked the one that was based on Dr. Midnight's costume. Getting rid of the domino mask at least distinguished him from the current Robin, but the color scheme was the same as the DCAU suit that was folded into the comics, so there was still that link. His New52 suits kinda just made him look like "that other Robin."

I think it's less about what name he goes under, and more about giving him some personality and a niche where he isn't just "that other Robin." Like, since Oracle isn't a thing anymore, what if he fulfilled that niche (information broker). He's a nerd and likes computers, so it'd make sense.

He'd be like an Oracle that isn't crippled and can also fight in the field. Maybe they can have him focus on cyber crime. Do a story about people hiring hitmen through the dark web or something, I dunno.

He's been kidnapped by Oz and thats the last we heard of him. Everyone else thinks he's dead though

It's time for the return of Mister Sarcastic.

He should have had the Grayson run, and called it Drake.

Red Robin could work, it all depends on the quality of the writing. They should have put him back in the non disco suit, not have him regress to Robin 2.

Nite-Owl

Bart and Connor also face the same problem of fitting in the current DCU.

Why does the Titans keep coming back and recycling their old lineup while Young Justice gets no love?

Connor is gone
Bart is likely gone for good
Tim still has no place now that Damian is "the robin"

I really don't think it does. Aside from constantly making me think of pic related it still ties him to the Robin identity. And if you're not gonna have Tim be Robin you need to give him a clean break with it the way Dick and Jason got.

It would make the Damianfags let up at least with all their Tim-hate if they no longer saw Tim as a threat to their Robin's legitimacy.

I don't have a problem with Damian as Robin. It's an identity for a child and Tim had outgrown it even before Damian showed up.
It was time for him to move on. Red Robin was just the wrong direction for him to go.

these characters might as well be put in limbo until they can find something to do with them

They need to be fixed personalitywise and maybe have their team back.
Tim either needs his classic Red Robin look or something that makes him stand out
Conner or Jon could become known as Skyboy (not a perfect solution, but it's the closest way DC would probably allow 2 Superboys)
Bart needs to ignore the New 52.
Throwing them on a team together again would at least give them something to do.

What happend to connor.....

Wouldn't have sold as well

Red Robin is a horrible name. Donna Troy become Blue Wonder Woman or Bart Yellow Flash? He needs his own name, the way Nightwing doesn't have a connection to Robin, Tim Drake's new name shouldn't have a connection to Robin.

He's been MIA since the tail-end of the New 52.
As of Superman Reborn, he's seemingly been retconned out as he is the only Superman imposter not alluded to during the summary of the Death and Return of Superman storyline.

For a guy who was younger than 16 he filled that outfit pretty nicely.

Phoenix

I wouldn't even say he's the most distilled Robin as much as he's the only one they never bothered building up much anything else for. He never really owned the Robin title in any significant way that Dick didn't first.

I want them to bring back Kon-El's '90s hipster look, instead of his 2000s jock look.

As for Kid-Flash, maybe just use that black Wally. But call him Wallace or Walter or whatever his full name is instead of Wally to avoid confusion.

Maybe Damien gets the Teen Titans with Beast Boy and Raven and whoever else, and Tim gets Young Justice, with Superboy, Spoiler, maybe Green Arrow's current side-kick (that Asian girl), Static, and Supergirl?

The New 52's "Young Justice" line was the worst thing that has ever happened, especially Teen Titans.

Lobdell and Booth, with design input from Jim Lee?
Jesus fucking Christ

I don't know, YJ especially took everything from him for Dick.

Heck at this point the only thing that Tim still has to call his own is the staff, and even Dick uses that from time to time.

Teen Titans and Green Arrow are written by the same guy, so Emiko will almost certainly go there.

Young Justice took "using computers" from Tim Drake, and that's just because Dick Grayson's run as Robin mostly predated computers. In terms of personality, it was 100% Grayson.

Like two thirds of all the qualities applied to the contemporary concept of Robin originate with Tim.

At the very least give him credit for wearing pants.

I will not, because pants look like shit on half of Robin's costumes. I get why they couldn't keep the legless, but design-wise it was genuinely a better look.

>He'd be like an Oracle that isn't crippled and can also fight in the field.
Batgirl isn't crippled anymore so she already fits this role. What's left for Tim?

Just have finally defeat his nemesis, Damian, so he can retake his mantle.

He's the DETECTIVE.
In a franchise where everybody is a detective. Good distinctive trait there.

I haven't been reading Batgirl. Is she still doing Oracle stuff in the DCU?

Oracle is now one of her supporting cast members. It's a weird but decent compromise.

Was Tim Drake really the first edgy/serious Robin? Because I feel like he gets made fun of for that in other places and yet all the comics I've read with him in it don't portray him like that at all?

Might've had something to do with Johns' Teen Titans or post-Identity Crisis (I'm just throwing out guesses though).
Adaptations might've also pushed him in that direction (though not nearly as much as Damian).

>Identity Crisis

The pain.

Not really? Tim takes being Robin seriously because he believes it's a necessary component of what makes Batman work, but his personality was never very hard. At least until Identity Crisis started everything downhill.

Dick Grayson had lots of serious stories as Robin, and Jason was always the first edgy Robin. Tim's just infamously edgy and serious because he was a main character in Teen Titans during its absolute lowest point, and was often portrayed as an insane dangerous individual with no consistency.

>and was often portrayed as an insane dangerous individual with no consistency.

So he used to be Jason Todd?

Batgirl isn't anything like Oracle anymore, so actually it's pretty vacant.

Yes, but written worse.

Honestly, that whole "Dick's the acrobat, Jason's the fighter, Tim's the detective" thing always felt like bullshit to me just the same way "All of Batman's villains are twisted reflections of some aspect of his personality!" does. It's a lazy replacement for characterization.

Especially when the "fighter" thing didn't develop organically for Jason and was just stuck onto him post-resurrection. At least Dick had his acrobat thing and Tim was the cerebral Robin from their inceptions.

And no, I don't dislike Jason either. I think he was actually a pretty great Robin who had a lot of the qualities people find so compelling in Damian.

Give Tim one of those noir type identities. Crimson Avenger, Gray Ghost, hell, maybe even the Question and that would work well with the Spoiler as a partner.

No kill him,

Tim Drake 40 and still Robin.

should be detective drake PI

>Like two thirds of all the qualities applied to the contemporary concept of Robin originate with Tim.
And yet I still find him to be the most boring robin.

She still fills the hacker role better than Tim.

There was a point before Jaime was created when Dixon wanted to make Tim the next Blue Beetle.

Yeah, the Flanderization is why I don't really look forward to whenever all four show up in events. That scene in Batman and Robin Eternal was stupid.

Nah. Babs has regressed so far that I'm surprised she can still spell her own name.

Tim joins and becomes leader of the Court of Owls since no one is going to touch them again anyway.

this one, assuming its not taken

You're just straight up lying about the character and her book.

Sadly i don't see Red X ever being intergrated into the comic verse

>what do we do with the redundant robin?
>I know!
>we make him into a redundant red hood?