So Wally has stared down Zoom and the Anti Monitor but is randomly scared of Deathstroke just because he can go real...

So Wally has stared down Zoom and the Anti Monitor but is randomly scared of Deathstroke just because he can go real fast? Idk this seems sloppy to me.

Zoom isn't as skilled as Deathstroke in terms of actually fighting, as for the Anti Monitor that was Barry.

Wally stared down the Anti Monitor in the Chain Lightning arc.

No that later turned out to be Barry posing as Wally as he was dealing with problems in the far flung future from some Abrakadabra story.

Wally is the fastest stab victim alive because of Slade

um no? This is definitely Wally.

To be fair, he later admits to Jericho that he totally bitched out and was mad at himself for letting Slade get into his head like that.

Like I said, later retconned to have actually been Barry posing as Wally due to the implications of the future time travel Abrakadabra plot.

That moment didn't even make sense on top of Identity Crisis being garbage in general.

It was a Deathstroke comic. The point of Deathstroke is to shit on other characters. What'd you expect? Everyone turns into an idiot the second Deathstroke appears on screen.

In what book was this retconned? Wally himself stops himself from doing it by just saving Barry instead but I legitimately don't remember this being retconned. Wally still has memories of his past life.

No it wasn't. What are you talking about? Why would Barry even have to pose as Wally during Chain Lightning? No one ever knew Wally was there, he was using his super speed to remain invisible.

They never retconned Chain Lightning, short of the New 52 rebooting everything.

What comics do you think retconned Chain Lightning to be a story about Barry?

Fair enough but I feel like they could have at least offered a story reasoning behind why Wally couldn't just steal his speed like he has to every other speedster.

Fair point.

Slade was whooping that ass long before Identity Crisis

Slade's suit automatically absorbs Speed Force energy. Wally trying to speed steal would've feedback looped and ended up having him charge Slade some more.

There, done. Slade then talks down to Wally like the bitch Wally is all over again and your autism is sated.

Because that panel makes so much sense too. How would Wally not see this coming with his superior reactions/perception? Deathstroke writers are the worst.

In this very comic Wally humiliated Slade by beating him effortlessly. Slade had to get a surprise attack after already losing to put Wally down, which anyone could do to anyone else.

Wally could only go the speed of sound back then. He turned around and there was a energy beam hitting him at the speed of light. Wasn't nearly fast enough to get out of the way once a correctly aimed blast was coming his way.

Oh ok that makes slightly more sense I guess. What book was this btw?

Because DC will always hate Wally and as long as he's stuck with Titans he will job to D list villains.

Zoom was a trained FBI agent.

Source or gtfo.

Out of context. Wally beats the shit out of him a page or two after this.

It was Slade's original series, Deathstroke the Terminator. That issue specifically was #13. Real early 90s, before Waid had a chance to Speed Force up Wally and the Flash franchise.

What book is that Deahstroke panel from?

FBI Agent=/=Deathstroke in terms of combat skills

see

Just like I wouldn't expect Wally with Slade's powerset to challenge Slade in a fight, I wouldn't expect Slade with a weaker version of Wally's powers to challenge Wally.

You'd think decades of experience with super speed and fighting other people with super speed would give Wally a leg up in a scenario Slade's never been in.

This. Just sloppy writing overall.

Jesus, and they complain about Batman throwing himself in front of Joker.
There is no logical reason Slade should not be loaded with lead here to at least slow him down. Slade's a super murderer, the cops are on the level. This goes one way.

>So Wally has stared down Zoom and the Anti Monitor but is randomly scared of Deathstroke just because he can go real fast
No, it's because of that time Deathstroke stabbed him in the gut and soloed his best buddy Kyle "Guys I'm totally the best Lantern ever please believe me editorial needs this" Rayner.

This is in character. Wallyfags, please try to remember the history of your dumb ginger, not just the points that make him "totally the best Flash ever please believe me."

Makes sense to me. Take speed out of the picture and Wally has nothing on Slade.

>"job"
Using this forced term.
Go back to myspace with that shit.

>Remember the history of your dumb ginger.
user no one wants to remember Identitiy Crisis. It was trash and that moment is only icing on the cake.

>Zoom didn't know knung fu so he wasn't scary
This is what comic book writers actually believe.

Sure it's dumb, but it happened. You wouldn't expect Spidey to meet Mephisto and not comment about selling baby Parker to him, would you?

Speed isn't out of the equation, just because Deathstroke has the same power set doesn't mean he's as fast or as skilled at using it.

Shitty writing shouldn't be an excuse for more shitty writing. Muhammad Ali beat Superman.

Deathstroke sucks.

I mean he definitely isn't faster. He only has Kid Wally's speed, and Kid Wally is slower than Barry. Much less OG Wally.

That's my point. Wally shouldn't be scared of someone who isn't even remotely on the same level in terms of speed. Especially if he can just cut that connection real quick.

>I wouldn't expect Slade with a weaker version of Wally's powers to challenge Wally

There's nothing to suggest that his speed is inferior to that of Wally.

But Zoom way more powerful than Slade.

He stole little Wally's speed. Little Wally's powers aren't nearly as good as big Wally's.

Thank you. Fucking this.
Why is it the people who write superhero fiction have the most bizarro understanding of it.

Speed Force isn't just runsfast. If two people had the ability to manipulate momentum how good one is at stabbing people becomes fucking irrelevant. The playing field isn't leveled, it's entirely alien.

Sup Forums, just imagine two Green Lanterns meeting in space, except one of them knows capoeira, can you see how retarded this sort of thing gets? The one who can't flail around isn't "without his powers". It's always the lowbrow edge characters who have to get this kind of fellating too. They've got nothing else going for them so anyone who does must be reduced in their presence.

>it happened
No it didn't.

I think his suit has a power where any speed force action siphons speed, that's why wally couldn't steal his speed.

You have to pass a quality test to be consider canon.

I mean, whatever, Wally could've just blown his suit up. And blown his sword up when he tried to stab him with his sword. Not like Slade knows how to go intangible his first day on the job.

I mean it was stupid because Wally also just let Deathstroke do everything instead of knocking him out the second he got free. Everyone just turns into idiots around Deathstroke.

So Deus ex machina.

>Everyone just turns into idiots around Deathstroke.
And this is why I really never consider Slade to be the badass the writers like to portray him as.

slade tormented the titans, including wally during their childhood, and now he also got super speed via the speed force. it makes a little sense but wally should still be able to win here

That's a fair point that I didn't consider.

>childhood
Wally and the rest of the titans were full blow legal adults. The only teens on the team were Beast boy(16 at the start) and Terra(15).

Why does Wally West attract so many power-level fags? Get over it, you're almost as big of pussies as Wally.

[citation needed]

I'm going to blame the stress of the latest weeks, coming back from the speed-force only to realise nobody remembers him, that the love of his life don't love him and that the life he remembers better is a fake while not remembering much of his real one.

Basically, his confidence took a big hit.
Once he gets that back, Slade cannot do much, as Wally would simply out-speedforce-bullshit him.

The life he remembers is fake? Explain?

Technically,. he's not Pre-FP Wally.
He's New52 White Wally who got imprinte with Pre-FP Wally during his time in the speedforce

I don't think that's completely the case. I'm pretty sure this is pre 52 Wally with 10 years taken from his life. According to Abnett anyways. Idk Rebirth is confusing as hell with these things.

he's new-52 White Wally with 10 years taken from him and imprinted with pre-FP Wally's memories.
It was the whole point of Speedforce Iris telling him those memories weren't real.

Obviously, for all intents and purposes, by having all of pre-FP Wally's memories he IS pre-FP Wally.

Thst's it, untill they explain Rebirth better.

Iris? Do you mean Linda?

He also stored Red Wally's speed, user. That was the point of making him run to begin with.

I actually think that was what Wally tried when he put his hand in Slade shoulders. Probably didn't work.

Well, yes. I agree.
And Wally easily stop thinking straight when he's mad. That's one of his flaws. For me, it was a bit out of the field, but still stays in the in character map.

No, it's not. It's New 52 Wally with 10 years taken. We already had it confirmed in the Titans run, irrc.

Yeah, he means Linda.

Idk man Rebirth itself is confusing, I thought the idea now is that New 52 is just pre flashpoint with 10 years stolen.

>try to face down a killer with your exact power as well as a bunch of other abilities
>instead of fighting him straight on you seek out his son to attack him in a more effective way

You're right OP, a hero using his head instead of relying on his powers is real dumb.

Anybody else hoped he'd pull a JLU Flash and strike Slade from the opposite direction?

yes, I mean Linda.

>exact powers
>implying all speed force users are equal
So do you think random GL member # 702 is as strong as Hal Jordan then?

Forget that.

Wally grew up kicking this guy's ass.

AND HE CAN STEAL SPEED.

Deathstroke had tech making him fast, he didn't have fine control of it like Wally.

Wally could have frozen him like he did Inertia.

This only happened because it was deathstroke's title btw

Not quite, I think.
To my understanding, current universe is New 52, which is apparently the post-crisis pre-flashpoint with 10 years taken AND changes all over the place. Which is still in process of morphing, or something. Which in certain way, makes Original Wally the same as pre-FP in addition to the memories he has retained, but not technically, because New 52 is a different timeline and so a different universe inside the same earth. Pre-FP doesn't exist anymore, same as pre-Crisis, but New 52 is slowly reverting back to it in some places and stories.

TL;DL: someone is editing back New 52 universe because someone else edited Pre-FP universe to begin with.

I actually liked that, after cold down, Wally went in search of help.
That's not what you usually see in these stories, so I give my anonpointss to the writer.

Wally remember the kinda plot armor Deathstroke has from Identity Crisis days.

Zoom only has his super speed and isn't as skilled in hand to hand combat like DS is.
Giving DS superspeed should scare the shit out of Wally.

After FP, the post-Crisis universe was supposed to be fused with the Wildstorm and Vertigo universes.

Except! Somebody did "steal 10 years" of events\continuity, resulting in the New52 universe.

Wally speedforce-bullshit himself back in-continuity caused a chain reaction which is resulting into the the new52 universe starting to take its "true" form of PostCrisis+Wildstorm+Vertigo

I think it's more because Pre-Crisis Superman and little Jon more than Because whatever Wally has done, user.

Zoom was too fast for Wally to even see him, that's got to count more than kung fu.

An he did go back in time to fight the anti monitor. And he's got feats that put speedster deathstroke to shame.

Is this because of the Titans cartoon or has Slade always been this meme-y indestructible?

Always. Wolfman also decided that Slade did nothing wrong during the Judas Contract and he and Beast Boy became bffs.

Deathstroke is a lazy character. Even the name is shitty and unimaginative.

Is there anyone who unironically likes Deathstroke? If you feel tempted to say "Yes, me", could you please go look up the definition of irony and rethink your answer?

IIRC, Mxzptlx couldn't get out of his prison until Wally got back

Because Wally is a shounen character, it comes with the genre.
Happens with a lot of 90s characters because around the same time anime like DBZ was getting big over here

Wally explains exactly why he got scared later in the issue and comments that he chose poorly.

White Wally was a mistake outside of Justice League and that was just Barry with a different name

Why do so many people focus on this page when it explains later in the same issue why he ran? Speed stealing takes a lot of concentration and if he's getting triggered by past trauma a retreat makes more sense than being reckless there.

It happened to Wally. That's all that matters.

>it's a storyline which involves planning and tactics as opposed to MUH POWER LEVELS
Well of course WallyFags hate it

There was no indication of that in what he tells Jon.

>t. DCAU casual who actually doesn't know anything about Barry or Wally

DCAU Wally was basically an original character. Only trait he had from any Flash was Wally's lewdness but even then he was fucking pathetic and still didn't get any girls while comics Wally was a pussyslayer.

To continue on that, Wally is not just about "gotta go fast" aspect of the Speed Force. He's almost a wizard with how he can manipulate it.

He can't though: Deathstroke's upgraded suit is speedforce-sucking by itself.

>speed stealing takes a lot of concentration

Nigger he does that casually all the time, while running, while fighting, to show off....

The explanation was rationalizing what they wanted to happen because it sort of takes the story off the rails if people confront Spade and he can't fulfill his kills and plan.

In character, Wally would only run off to return seconds later with Barry or Superman, not another supporting character for Slade.

Keep reaching. It happened because it was Slade's book.

It is the same Wally, and he ALSO suffered from the "lost ten years" bullshit, as when he first reappeared from the Speed Force, he looked as if just BEFORE becoming the Flash, wearing a Kid Flash costume.

Abra Kadabra was bulshitting him, because he was also a victim of Manhattan's retconning and just reappeared at the start of the Titans arc.

The universe's history has been morphed, of course, but for the most part, this is the same Wally and the same universe. The premise of Rebirth is New Earth = Prime Earth, which is exactly what the Multiversal Justice League says after arriving there.

No, you.

I think that wally fans are actually being reasonable for this thread, user. But maybe you didn't read the thread and come to conclusions without much though.

But I know you're just shitting the thread, which was rage bait to begin with, so whatever.

You reach, it's only running on batteries, they literally said so.

Just speed no same power set. Slade can't even take his suit off, he will slow down Wally wills his suit into existence.

No, he does not do it casually. It is still something that takes effort for him not easy like the costume made of goes fast.

If he's in the middle of a panic attack he's not going to be able to do it. And Joey's costume specifically has the ability to shut down Slade's. It was smart to go to him for help.

>DCAU Wally was basically an original character.
And much better than the garbage white Wally from the comics.

Worked.

It's retarded. There are several reasons why Wally would still win
>Can still go many times faster than Death Stroke who just got his powers
>Knows how to use super speed while DS is knew to it
>Can use the speed force and all of that shit
>DS only has Black Wally's speed which is many times slower than
Death stroke fags will defend this though.