Why push Cyborg instead of the most popular fucking Green Lantern?

Why push Cyborg instead of the most popular fucking Green Lantern?

Because the Green Lantern movie bombed, that clearly means that the movie going public hate the character concept and not that the movie was poorly made in any way.

Like how video game publishers barely market games with female protagonists and then say video games with female protagonists don't sell.

Major retail stores banned Green Lantern toys. There is no money to be made.

Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are more popular than JLU by a longshot, and more relevant.

On one hand I'm glad Stewart dodged a bullet with that movie but at the same time I'm sad that my boy will never get his due.

Maybe DC will fast track that Green Lantern Corps movie into production with him if Black Panther hits a home run.

>Because the Green Lantern movie bombed

This isn't even a joke. I knew someone who worked at Warner Brothers Animation for a little bit and they said higher ups there are still nervous about Green Lantern because of how much the movie bombed.

Then once the CG series came out (Where PR department was anticipating to deal with heavy damage control) and that bombed, anyone in charge pretty much just shut down any idea that had to do with Green Lantern unless he was with the Justice League.

Your tumblr is showing.

He's right though faggot.

Because they were already making a cyborg movie and had to rewrite the script something like three times
They just put all the left over shit into justice league.

>CG series came out and that bombed

That wasn't the fault of the show. It was CN's fault for sticking it in a shit timeslot with zero reruns, and then sudden month long hiatus, TWICE.

Retail stores didn't want to order Green Lantern TAS toys after they got stuck with non-selling toys from the Ryan Reynolds movie.

Then there's the fact the show literally couldn't sell any toys because the GL movie toys didn't sell.

The movie heavily damaged the GL brand.

GEOFF JOHNS

That's it. There's literally no other reason. WB wanted a GL movie, and wanted to have him as the GL in the Miller JL movie, but after that went nowhere Johns as Executive, CCO, and consultant included Cyborg in the league so he would fill the nig quota, with him as the black guy there was no need for John.

It's funny, Johns shilled Cyborg so much that WB announced a cyborg movie, as the time passed they understood Johns sold them Snake oil and tried to put cyborg in the flash movie, killing that movie. As for GL some people in WB wanted a buddy cop movie... With rookie Kyle and John as the veteran and Hal as Parallax, i can't imagine how much that triggered Johns, but it want until recentrly that it was decided it would be just hal and john. But in general Cyborg is one of Johns biggest fuck ups and already killed a movie and made the GL movie an even bigger pain in the ass at WB, since most suits just don't want Hal.

No he's not though. Green Lantern was a shit movie and the actor, while a normally great, just didn't fit the role at all. And then he fallows up with a false equivalency as if that proved his point.

>GL TAS
>CN is fucking cunt and sticks the show on one timeslot per week because LELELELE SUPERHEROES BELONG ON SATURDAY MORNINGS HAHA
>No reruns or airplay of any kind

>Somehow CN finds a way to blame toy sales on something they were clearly going to axe anyway

Because DC still remembers the autism of HEAT.

It wasnt a good show. It was only interesting if you already cared about the characters, and kids didnt, the idea of using the red lanterns fucked up the show a lot. It was really boring compared with the Star Wars animated show, it had to compete with ben fucking 10 and every toy was green or red. The show was doomed when instead of a space focused show it turned into more light war bullshit.

Someone probably did a bad job being a consultantm but at least some writer for a big check of royalties for use of his characters, who could that guy be?

This is all true. Thanks Mattel

they're doing the same thing to Justice League Action, by the way. And I would bet good money they'll do the same thing to the DC Superhero Girls cartoon.

If the Lauren Faust show is a complete reboot and the web series has to end/toys have to be redesigned they will literally kill one of DC's biggest up and coming brands.

>and the actor, while a normally great,
>the actor
>Ryan Reynolds
>normally great

I swear, this would be a lot easier if WB just gave DC their own network instead of cramming DC cartoons into Cartoon Network's lineup.

>the most popular fucking Green Lantern?
Why are DCAUfags so delusional?

Isn't that why they're doing their own streaming service for Young Justice s3?

>John Stewart
>most popular Green Lantern
One cartoon series and people act like he's #1.
By that logic Cyborg still wins cause he was in the Teen Titans cartoon and the 80s Superfriends show.

Because if any lantern is going to be used it'll be Hal or else Geoff Johns will shoot up the office.

>GL movie with John and Kyle, and Hal as the villain
That sounds bad. Like at best would hope to be Amazing Spider-Man 2 bad, and at worst even worse than the GL movie we got.

>and Hal as the villain

And hal as parallax, not as a villian

I think the better question is why do people hate Cyborg so much, you people act as if he's Miles Morales

I've seen people say Martian Manhunter is a better black character (racist) or that Steel is (literally nobody knows anything about Steel other than being in a laughably bad 90s movie starring Shaq that the Nostalgia Critic lampooned, yeah, not a great option)

>a buddy cop movie... With rookie Kyle and John as the veteran and Hal as Parallax
That sounds fantastic.

hopefully they can kill cyborg off or shunt him to the side and bring Stewart in once GL is reestablished

They made him into a sympathetic villain but Parallax has never not been treated as a villain

People were indifferent to Cyborg, he would always be AT BEST someone's second or third choice to be a JL founder outside of the main triniity, and at best their second choice to be the black guy on the team.

Calling it hate is really egregious.

And fuck you Steel is awesome and would be the most logical choice to appear in the Snyderverse. There'd be jokes about the Shaq movie in the media but in the end he's a much better choice than the xbox-cyborg they went with.

How is that a better question? It's common sense. Cyborg is a shitty character with no interesting mythology.

Vixen or Black Lightning would have been ideal if you need a black character. Mr Terrific could work too but he's a legacy so I get not wanting him there. Bumblebee shares the Titans issue with Cyborg but she has cooler visuals, is historically relevant for DC as far as black characters go, and has gotten very popular lately through DCSHG so it's not like it would have been hard to sell on people.

Mr. Terrific really deserves the push more than Cyborg. If they want to go with the "Here is a hero to be a role model for black kids." then a guy that's intelligent, self made, athletic and literally wears the words FAIRPLAY on his sleeves would be perfect.

Not to mention that he actually has some abilities that haven't been seen in superhero movies before, while Cyborg will probably just be seen as the guy that just stumbled into his powers and ended up as DC's black Iron Man.

I know, but we don't know anything about that movie and never will, i think they would had gone for a redemtion arc with parallax beating the "real bad guy" to have him on a sequel or something. But to be honest the main reason i would had really liked that is that kyle as a rookie is always better and that Hal look as Parallax is based as fuck.

Common sense says two things, popularity and brand recognition

Cyborg has more of both of those things than any character you named, who are literally unknown to casuals
Sorry, Steel is just a meme to people outside of hardcore DC fans

Probably why GL never shows up in Justice League action

I wish the "token black justice leagueman" would be either steel or vixen instead of cybrog.

What? Why?

>mr fantastic

Mr Fantastic is even more worthless for the league than cyborg.

That is literally irrelevant. Bumblebee has surpassed Cyborg already even though she has only been in the public eye a little over a year. You can promote any character and make them known over the course of several years before the movie comes out. It just takes something you make becoming very popular among kids.

Because more kids that became adults who are marginally interested in DC now watched this show than those who read comics. For them, he is the definitive Green Lantern.

Truth is not many people actually read capeshit, but a hell of a lot of them watch it.

I still get a kick out of reading those tweets from back in 2010 when it was revealed Hal was going to be GL and all these people claimed the movie was racist because John is the real one.

I'm a black guy, I just don't think Cyborg works with the team at all. He's a tech guy, but Batman already fills that role. He's the funny somewhat young guy, but Flash already fills that role. The only thing, literally the only thing he has going for him is that he's black. He's just not appealing to me as a character on the League, let alone a main character. If I was in charge, I would have picked Black Lightning. He carves out an easier niche than the Cyborg, being the only man on the team with a family to protect. There's more material to draw from than just "Black guy"

Honestly, I've grown to accept Cyborg as a League member as weird as I thought it was going to be back in 2011. They do need to start shaking the roster up a bit though.

>I would have picked Black Lightning.

Anyone rational would.

Yes, we all know how Horizon: Zero Dawn, Dishonored 2, and Tomb Raider didn't have any marketing or commercials at all

yeah but that was Hal Jordan. This is John Stewart and the JLU made people love him far more than Hal. You can immediately deflect any worry by saying, this is an entirely different character cause you know he's black

I appreciate the honest effort they're doing in trying to build up Cyborg in his ongoing, from trying to give him a supporting cast to a rogues gallery.

green lanterns are boring desu

>Horizon: Zero Dawn
Literally only got a marketing push after people got super hyped for it online
>Dishonored 2
Sequel to a popular game about a white guy murdering people and even then the marketing downplayed Emily's role in the game.
>Tomb Raider
Long running franchise with an established beloved gaming icon heroine, and if you had been alive in the 90s, you fucking underage b&, you'd know that it started as a sleeper hit and for the sequel the publisher literally didn't know how to market it so they just went with HEY GUYS! TITS!

Granted he wouldn't have the diversity cred, but Guy Gardner could probably be a great choice. If everyone supposedly hates Green Lantern then it may as well be the GL that everyone expects to hate and ends up loving.

>(racist)
All of your posts are completely (retarded) and you should go back to reppit

Geoff John would cry if Hal Jordan didn't star (and bomb) in a Green Lantern project.

Because he was better at hosting The Daily Show

But Steel, as a concept, is just a normal guy from the streets, who gets inspired by Superman's example to fight the gangs messing up his neighborhood. For the Snyder verse, it would be a good example of how Superman can bring hope, plus add the "black audience" factor more organically, plus touch on some real life issues.

You're a moron. Horizon had huge online marketing along with constant commercials.
You think they saw people get hyped and then made commercials to air for it? Holy shit
The dishonored 2 commercials were literally from the girls perspective talking about what the bad guy did to her and how she's going to beat her.

Nu tombraider had a shit load of online and on air commercials
>bu bu but they didn't market it in the 90ssss waaahh
Just go fuck yourself back to the tumblr hole you crawled out of

Steel it's perfect for the snyder version, i don't think he belongs to the league but they will miss a big oportunity if they don't include him in the sequel

This guy gets it.

And it also makes sense in the films since they JUST did the Death of Superman story, this would be the time for Steel to show up. It also sets up a fantastic dynamic for if Superman turns evil.

You'll have a normal human that upholds and believes in the ideals of Superman fighting against the very same Superman that abandoned those ideals.

Once again, Steel is a joke, he is only that
It would be equal to making Howard the Duck an Avenger

I think you're more apt with saying making D-Man an Avenger.

Well we can be grateful that not everyone in the world has taste as shit as yours.

Oy vey. For the last time, Cartoon Network doesn't give a shit about toy sales. Mattel does. If Mattel isn't making any money from Green Lantern toys, then they're not going to keep helping pay for the show to get made.

Meanwhile, CN doesn't get nearly as much money from airing them as their in-house shows, but WB forced them to run the DC Nation block.

He is the most popular GL because of that show retard. I remember when Reynolds was cast, all the normies were confused because they thought GL was black. He even had a good chunk of comic fans shilling for him too.

Yeah, it would be nice seeing Guy Gardner on the big screen.

Mattel overshipped Green Lantern movie toys to a massive degree.

>Halfags are still in denial

You would think the fact that they've made him into a complete joke in every animated incarnation after the live action movie to the point that now its a meme to shit on him would be a clue as to how the company really feels about.

>hate

People like TT Cyborg they just don't like him on the JL

>Cyborg
>popularity

Literally nobody gives a shit about him beyond the Teen Titans CARTOON not the comics but the CARTOON from 2003 he originated from and they retained none of the same personality or likeness of it. To add insult to injury the despite all the pushing people still like his animated counterpart more even his TTG carnation is more popular.

With Black Lightning things weren't ok with DC and the creator until recently. That's probably the only reason they didn't use him.

Hal has always gotten shit on. That's showing how casual you are to think it's anything but being true to the character.

Geoff wouldn't have anyone but Hal, which is actually a good thing because John is a boring meme.

>Hal has always gotten shit on.
I love this meme

Hal has always had mental problems.

>Hal has always gotten shit on
Do you think DC would allow shit like this to happen today? Did you forget the rally people had behind Hal for years due to the bullshit DC pulled by making him a villain? Hal was never treated as badly as he is now its only recently that its become a meme to trash his character

not too long ago i realised that the reason i like the idea and implementation of the green lantern corps as a whole and why it's much less appealing to me with individuals (short of the original green lantern) is because we've already had a green lantern corps done well, and even better. pic related.

>Do you think DC would allow shit like this to happen today?

If johns is behind? Yes.

John's kinda boring. From all the GL comics I read before Rebirth, all he ever talked about was "Muh Katma Tui" and how he couldn't save that planet. That's the extent of his character these days.

that was a setup for him getting punched in return later

Why do people not actually read comics?

Why? At the time he was the most fleshed out Lantern. There is more to work with than John who spent most of his history as a support character and Kyle who's just a poochie.

>H-h-h-h-he punched him back later! See! I-i-i-i-i-it's not any different

Whatever makes you sleep at night Halcuck

>>most popular fucking Green Lantern

You mean this guy?

He's a guy dealing with the grief of crippling a friend and nearly killing his brother. Just didn't know his ring wouldn't work on a yellow sign.

Being a GL fan is suffering.

>that was a setup for him getting punched in return later

>Batman being a petty bastard

Totally the same, it was Johns shitting on a character he doesnt like to make Hal look cool. basic hack writing is making batman or superman job to make your pet look good.

Hal even back then from the silver age always got shit on, he usually plays the dumb/funny guy thing in team books/ movies since everyone else is serious. He also forgot his ring when he went to bombard terrorists and got fucked in a POW camp. I'll say to read some comics but I remembered we're in Sup Forums

He didn't forget his ring. He makes it a point to never fly with it because it takes the danger/thrill away. That's a character trait.

>John and Kyle buddy cop
That sounds amazing

Yeah I typed it wrong. My point is that Hal is a flawed character even back then and not because the Movie bombed.

That Injustice page makes a lot more sense now

Id have so much fun as a GL. Flying in an X-Wing, fighting crime with a duel disk, and making construct costumes of other heros and saying shit like
>well one of us is going to have to change

ummmmmmmmm no princess :)

I like John but 90% of the people who like him don't even know what his origins are so I doubt that his the "most popular".

Because believe or not, it's NOT ABOUT INCLUDING A "TOKEN" BLACK CHARACTER YOU FUCKING IMMATURE RACIST BITCH.

BULLSHIT

Geoff Johns literally said it was about diversity, comic fans know it's bullshit and was about Hal Jordan, but Johns sold Cyborg to the WB executives using the race card. Fuck off tumblr

No joke, I fucking love B'ox.

>Being a flawed characters is the same as being a butt monkey

I think its you who needs to actually read comics ya dumb bitch

Those were bad games and exclusives so they wouldn't sell as well.

A Guy and Kyle buddy movie sounds way better

WE