How is this not rape?

How is this not rape?

You cant rape a robot sex doll

Robots don't have dna

easy, it is and they did it in movies all the time back then

Replicants were subhuman. They were like a tool or so. Not 100% great compare but think of it like raping a car or any other object.

It was a different time

Did Rachel have superhuman strength?

implied consent

it was. harrison also hurt sean for real when he pushed her

All consent after you have been threatened with physical violence is void

did she died

Robots have no rights. Once he told her she was a droid, that was it. He used her like a fleshlight. She knew she couldn't do anything about it.

yea

She didnt say no.

jew

I actually don't consider this scene to be rape, but I do understand why someone may disagree. Certainly the scene is very aggressive, but the way I've always seen the scene is that Rachel is in a state of extreme self-doubt. She doesn't trust her own responses or desires, and this sort of walking cognitive dissonance she's mired in is only escalated when her sexuality begins to awaken when Deckard moves to kiss her…she's tired and emotional and thinking way too much in a descending nihilistic spiral.

Deckard being rough with her is pulling her out of her head. He's in effect telling her that she's here, she's alive, she feels things, she's feminine, and he needs her (not just sexually…not as a thing to be used). Her ability to trust her memories or understand if she genuinely is interested in him, or if it's just remnants of Tyrell’s niece is irrelevant.

There is a subtle hint that this is what's happening when Deckard first tells her ‘say kiss me’, and Rachel begins to reply saying ‘I can't rely on…’ before he interrupts her.

He is pulling her into the present moment, where she can trust what her senses and desires tell her, and the rest doesn't matter.

That's why he tells her to “say kiss me’. She wants to kiss him, but can't tell if the part of her that genuinely wants to is real, or if it's just programming/Tyrell’s niece. Deckard telling her to say it, is a way of saying that where the desire comes from is irrelevant, what matters is that you have the desire…That’s the proof that you're real.

It was a weird af scene tbqh. Not sure what Ridley was going with here.

Mdam wanted to do the same to K, but the investgation was more important and she bailed

The whole point of the movie was that replicants were capable of showing greater humanity than actual humans.

It was. Replicants are shown to be self aware and that is a major qualification for personhood. The discussion would be more interesting if she looked like non human robot.

strangely nothing makes a woman feel more real and alive than having her holes violated

because of the implication

Not sure if you just typed this up or grabbed it from somewhere else but it's a pretty strong defense of this scene.

I still think the movie would have been better if the final rachel scene was cut. Just end it on the roof with that dude saying 'but then again, who does?'

>people still call replicants robots
jesus christ

robots can't rape each other

she was asking for it

see

its not rape if he is handsome.....

Can you rape a fleshlight?

Fleshlights are not self aware though

pure speculation/fabrication. you equivocate like a genuine rapist.