Finally got around to watching this

Finally got around to watching this.

It was pretty good but are you telling me a police detective would allow that to happen? I mean I get the guy deserved to die but what he did isn't out of the ordinary if you compare it with all the horrible shit happening in the world. Kind of took me out of the film desu.

I still liked it. I give it a 6.9.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>a police detective would allow that to happen?
allow what to happen? be more specific

It was better that Mr for sure.

agreed. i think mr vengeance is overrated.

lady v/oldboy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mr v

The parents going all vigilante on the guy.
I get vengeace is the theme of the film but that's just stupid.

people should watch other revenge korean movies other than these

I think it's kind of amusing that the Oldboy actor is casted as a horrific murderer in both this and I Saw the Devil.

the guy had tortured and killed how many kids?

if i were a cop i'd let the parents do wtf they wanted to the evil fuck.

obviously, i was just rating the trilogy.

here, pick them all. i have, they were all kino

This guy should be rotting and getting raped in prison, not die a (relatively) quick death. I think I would've been okay with the vigilante part if the detective wasn't in on it. Would've made the whole redemption theme more interesting imo.

thats kinda soooo 2016 list

yeah it's out of date by a few years. i usually post it as a jumping off point for newfags. add the handmaiden, train to busan, wailing etc. we need a new list i just can't be bothered to make one.

here's an even older list

You mustn't know many career cops then who've seen the worse side humanity has to offer, the only unrealistic thing was the cop not having a go too

Not all cops want to become the Punisher fuck you talking about...

He didn't just kill an ordinary adult, he killed innocent fucking children to buy a damn yacht, do you honestly think the police and the jury would find any of them guilty for the deed they've done?

They still committed murder. Not saying they weren't right but murder is still illegal as far as I know. The law is the law.

There's more to it than just being guilty of the crime committed in the film. Also, didn't you see how disgusted the inspector was when he saw the footage of that kid hanging?

let's not forget that this is korea we're talking about. they can be fucking weird. they'll get on their knees and kiss your shoes to apologise ffs. our western traditions and culture mean fuckall to them.

EVERY non-romcom from korea is a revenge story. every single one. that has to mean something

True, our culture, norms and laws are rather different to those of Asian countries. Don't forget this happened in Japan and the perpetrators got a slap on the wrist at best:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

the main guy got 20 years, the others got 8/7 and 6 years,

Considering what they did, they should have at least gotten two life sentences.

should've been death imo. they tortured her for ages.

Raped her over 400 times. They also invited and encouraged their friends to humiliate and gang rape her.
Starved her.
Beat her several times with golf clubs, bamboo sticks and iron rods.
Used her as a "punching bag" by hanging her body from the ceiling.
Dropped barbells onto her stomach several times.
Forced her to eat live cockroaches and drink her own urine.
Forced her to masturbate in front of them.
Inserted foreign objects, such as iron bars, scissors and skewers into her vagina and anus, rendering her unable to defecate and urinate properly.
Shoved a still-lit light bulb into her vagina.
Set fireworks into her anus, vagina, mouth and ears.
Burnt her vagina and clitoris with cigarettes and lighters.
Burnt her eyelids with hot wax and lighters
Tore off her left nipple with pliers.
Pierced her breasts with sewing needles.

Exactly. Words can't describe how vile this deed was and just how much this poor girl suffered.

got a fucking lump in my throat reading this shit. poor damn girl

... and now i'm crying.

fuck this i'm off to bed.

I feel you.

imagine being this wrong

>oldboy over mr vengeance
imagine having such a shit opinion

It's not nearly as praised as Old Boy is, but it's certainly the weakest in the trilogy. Old Boy also had depressive shit but improved directing wise, whereas Lady V took the best out of both and improved on it.

>are you telling me a police detective would allow that to happen?
i too was skeptical but then i watched a lot more korean movies, and the fact that cops in them all act similarly lead me to believe they act pretty much the same in real life in those times.

it's true tho. In Mr. there's no winners, and no fucking point - everyone gets wasted and therefore no reason to care for those characters at the end. Plus most of what they do in that movie is DUMB as SHIT

>watched My Sassy Girl a few days ago
>i usually feel lonely, but the days since i watched that movie feel even heavier now
>wanna watch it again

Don't fall further into the escapism films provide you with, go out, talk to women and find a companion.

thats exactly why i dont watch these kinds of movies

yeah but it was also very funny...genuinely a great comedy.

Have you seen Save The Green Planet!? It's another great Korean comedy.

not yet but i've added it to the torrent list, pretty soon...i added all the red titles from that i could find, some are not on torrents though

I live in Korea and go to a lot of indie film festivals, there are so many great indie films that will never make it to western audience it is depressing.

Try to find 'em on rutracker or rarbg, sometimes they have rips in high quality, unlike tpb's 10/10 YIFY rips.

Name 5 korean flicks the west won't see, but that it should.