blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fifth-Element-Blu-ray/138634/
youtube.com/watch?v=usXI9rg_5rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DiD The FifTh ElEmEnt AgEd weLl?

I like it even more now desu.

It did aged well.
Also still funny.

desu it's the best cyberpunk movie around
if you ignore the religious stuff and look at it as an excuse they're using to cover up they're using biological weapons because it was some type of no-no in the universe and was getting out of control, it seems a lot better to me.

What is supposed to be biological weapon? That evil sphere in space?

A couple cgi scenes look a bit iffy, but almost everything is practical so it looks great. Unlike Valerian...

>defusing a bomb
>stops on 5 not 1 like every other movie there days
>a new bomb blows up

this is one of the best bomb scenes of all films, no stopping it at 00:01 or speeding it up, it simply stops.

she is 12 in that scene

It's gotten better over time.

Yeah the evil sphere + lilu since she's also a weapon. it's not really clear which one is a weapon but it could be they were both science experiments to begin with and they just came up with some crazy religious stuff about it over time or whatever.

Okay that's weird as shit. >it's not really clear which one
I must of started typing something else and trailed off on a different thought. I meant wasn't really clear which one might of been made on purpose, maybe the bad one got made first, so they made up the 5th element to counter it. Then threw in some crazy religious stuff for some reason or another.

Kind of depressing how much korbins mom reminds me of mine with how she talks on the phone. That shit was funny when I was a kid.

KORBIN DALLAS!

Great aesthetic, great soundtrack, it's a fun action film that I've watched over and over again. Oldman hates it.

Its still super green

>SUPERGREEN!!!!

Not really,I realy liked the movie as a kid but then I got to watch it last year and it felt really dated and awkward

How could the same man direct both the gem that is the fifth element and the garbage that is valerian?

Just as fun as it was on release.

Valerian has a really shitty script.

Probably one of my favorite movies, and one of the ones I used to have play over and over on my old tv/vcr combo as I fell asleep every night, this and Mystery Men. Can't tell you how many times I groggily half-asleep recognized the credits music blaring at me.

Why does he hate it?

One of the last great sci-fi movies. Lots of world building that helps it stand on it's own two feet. Also some decent humor

>Just where did he learn to negotiate like that?
>I wonder

>Oldman hates it

It's one of my favorite sci-fis. Maybe most favorite. Definitely beats any of the SWs. A shame Valerian was shit.

AZIZ !?

LIGHT!!

such a great movie

>amazing soundtrack
>great cinematography
>top tier set design
>prime willis
>prime jovovich (unless youre a pedo fuck)
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNpwBGyiwU

Kelly still looks better desu.

Also, how did they get away with this? She was like 14-15 when this aired.

Bruce Willis running across the balcony while the aliens are shooting at him is one of my all-time favorite action movie shots.

This whole sequence if so fucking great. And then you have Valeryan and its ridiculous budget that doesn't manage to get anywhere close.

>1997
CGI better than any MCU/DC capeshit in last decade

I was amazed to see how well the city shots were holding after all this time. Also top tier OST.

>Also, how did they get away with this? She was like 14-15 when this aired.

It's Married...with Children.
The stuff they say on air would be called horrible by today's standards.

Practical effects will always win against CGI, and marvel movies have an over reliance on CGI

>Big badaboom

also that scene with leeloo in the lab, pretty sure that caused boners around the world

Not really sure how they got away with it back then either.

Man the moment she jumps off the ledge is pure fucking Kino.

it was a more innocent time

i was like 15 then. she was my first 3dpd waifu

>The latest release added more Milla Jovovich tits by removing letterboxing
Bravo Besson

Valerian would be better if instead of 1-2 models (Cara & Rihanna) were full with them like in 5th element

isnt it funny how it predicted the future so well, planet traveling aside, the crazy gay black kid and the police state

>muh drumpf
there was police in 5th element, that makes it a police state?

I just bought this on BD like a month ago, but since it was dirt cheap I'm assuming that's not the latest release.

With all the garbage we're getting these days? You bet.

I last watched this kino in a Japanese love hotel.

Took a 44 year old drunk woman there and she fell asleep so I sat in the massage chair and watched it on vod while drinking from the mini bar

Some of the CGI city and cars look like shit and are copy paste but all n all it's still great

H'wut?

blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fifth-Element-Blu-ray/138634/

>I last watched this kino in a Japanese love hotel

Does shit get any better than that?

youtube.com/watch?v=usXI9rg_5rQ

Shoop da Whoop? I don't get it.

I watched it recently for the first time and its a pretty shitty movie

Did The English Grammar aged well?

what the fuck is wrong with her mom

seriously

Guys you know when you show your friend a film and really hope they like it, well I was showing someone all my favourite sci fi, and fifth element is really up there, he fucking trashed it, absolutely fucking hated every minute of it, I'm really quite traumatised.

I absolutely love Fifth Element but, bro, it's not even a little bit cyberpunk.

I'm watching this later. Thanks OP.

The first half of Valerian is amazingly good. The 2nd half is just mindboggingly bad.
The first half is original story, the 2nd half is taken from the comics, but warped into shit.

showbiz moms are like your typical roastie on fucking Russian steroids.

>my friend didn't like a goofy, obnoxious, cheesy, silly, uncanny valley flick where everything is summed up to "the answer is love, murph!" in the end. HOW CAN THIS BE?

So? not everyone likes what you like user why care about it?

it would probably be better if he fucked the whore while it played

multipass

I think OP missed the flip thread

>negro with freckles
does that exist irl?

>The first half of Valerian is amazingly good
It was passable. Only the intro was good.

Learn English you sub verbal australopithecine