Star vs The Movie

(And the third season moved to Fall)

youtube.com/watch?v=2OLM5iamWLQ

comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/05/26/exclusive-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-tv-movie-premieres-july/

Other urls found in this thread:

mturk.com/mturk/welcome
reddit.com/r/answers/comments/4qxyfl/how_do_you_upload_pics_to_imgur_in_the_correct/
help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
youtube.com/watch?v=kRISUIaeg7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow damn, did this come out of nowhere? First time I'm hearing of it
>2 hours
fucking sweet

Princess Moon's voice is super cute

I hope we hear Prince River too

>three threads
>not spoilering the OP image

>OP image
it just looks like a fuckin ice cream sundae, man

It shows her wand turning black, it's a spoiler.

>not spoilering the OP image
Stop being a baby, user

The question is: whose wand is it?

That's not Moon's or Star's wand, mates.

is this /our/ thread?

M8, it's released footage that's in the OP

The newest trivia game: Whose wand is it anyway?

Will the movie be a prequel?

>Star vs. gets a movie and Gravity Falls doesn't

This makes me happy for reasons I'm not sure about

Can we make the rest of the thread with questions only?

And you're forced to see it before watching the video. It's a spoiler.

I wanna see more hekapoo.

I guess?

Then stay in

Could be Eclipsa before jumping off of the evil cliff.

Alright, here's a handy visual speculation guide to the Purple Entity in the teaser.

I've one other idea on what it could be- it might not be a new character entirely, it might instead just be a manifestation of the spell itself. In the sameway that Stars Narwhals and Spider-with-a-top-hat are just Star using her imagination to cast spells, the purple entity could be young Moon sort of conjuring up a darker part of herself to take control of her and cast the darkest spell. Maybe. Then the shot of Ludo/Toffee at the purple explosion thing could instead be Toffee returning to the scene of that first fight to find the latent energy of Moons spell still there, and maybe he's got a way now to use that to reverse what the spell did to him.

Also I've no idea if the fact that magic is actually for real draining from Mewni now is related to Purple Entity, if at all. That could still be directly Toffees doing, but who knows.

I wonder if it'll take place between the events of Season 2 and 3

yes, is just right after S2 ending

Read the article, it says after S2.

Shieeet
So Star is going to meet Eclipsa and use her dark magic to fight against Toffee?

Nah it's definitely Moons Wand

>drawing your own swastika in paint instead of just mirroring the old one.

It's Moon's wand
Are you simple

Somebody needs to go through the whole series and get screenshots of every page of the book.

Go pay someone using Amazon Turk

>Amazon Turk
Is this a thing?

Yeah, I looked through them all when I was putting that together to see if any were relevant. It was only really Eclipsas chapter and that handshake/Monster-temple one.

mturk.com/mturk/welcome

okay different user but I admire your dedication to wild theory speculation user

Upload all the pages on imgur?

Holy shit... You're a trooper user

That's obviously Moon's.

That's Moon at the end too pal

it looks like the Bat Signal

pop kek!

E.g. you split each episode into 1-minute clips, distribute the 770 clips to workers, and ask them to tell you whether that book appears in it.

Are you faggots seriously upset that you had a trailer spoiled for you?

Imgur is a shit image host when uploading lots of pics.

It routinely uploads images out of order, and they removed the ability to sort by filename so you have to manually rearrange images by dragging and dropping them.
reddit.com/r/answers/comments/4qxyfl/how_do_you_upload_pics_to_imgur_in_the_correct/

Also there's a limit of 50 images per IP address per hour, as per
help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images

It would be easier for him to pack the images into a ZIP/RAR/7Z and upload that to a file host.

Plot twist: Batman saves Mewni. The end.

>Double Plot Twist: It's Lego Batman

WHEW

Urgh yeah that, but I'd have to compress them a shittonne anyway cos it's half a gigs worth and with my shit net that'd take about 10 hours otherwise. And the text on the pages is hard enough to make out as it is before adding in a shitload of compression.

If you want to cap them yourself (in terms of finding the best angle/coverage shots of each unique page so you can make out as much of what's on it as possible), you'll get most of the pages by going through Monster Arm, Mewberty, Freeze Day, closet scene of My New Wand, the start of By the Book, Into the Wand (esp. at the end, there's that unique handshake/monster-temple page there), Bon Bon (esp. frame-by-frame the scene where Star flips through the whole book), the Glossy scene in Raid the Cave, and The Hard Way (esp frame-by-frame the 2 scenes where Glossy flips through the whole book). It'll honestly only take you about an hour to do. I think.

Cheers, now I can safely lie to myself that I'm doing something productive when I waste my life on this shit

oh and I forgot Page Turner (ToC and Eclipsas Chapter). Most of the other eps where pages show up at all are basically irrelevant ie worse coverage/angle/resolution in all cases than you can get from the eps I mentioned.

Are we going to get an actual TV movie, or just a series of episodes strung together into a TV movie, a la SU?

The latter

Alternatively, just give us a list of your filenames in a pastebin.

The filenames contain the timestamps, which is enough for us to get similar screenshots.

Unfortunately VLC formatted my filename timestamps like
>vlcsnap-2017-03-24-19h41m50s193
>vlcsnap-2017-03-24-19h55m08s60
>vlcsnap-2017-03-24-19h57m21s39
eg the local time on my machine I capped them, not the time in the ep or even which ep it was from

even early on I actually hoped/expected Star Vs. would go to the places it has by now and just generally get more serious and all

but the difference between how they're advertising it now and how it was then is pretty funny

youtube.com/watch?v=kRISUIaeg7g

Well, that's not pretty exciting then. Still good, but a well rounded up movie would definitely be better.
So this is the ultimate form of bombs? The maxi Starbomb?

>but the difference between how they're advertising it now and how it was then is pretty funny
Yeah, I'm super pleased they're finally getting as gritty as the show actually is in the advertising?

Even the promo for Just Friends and etc was wayyyy more lighthearted than the episodes actually were

>And you're forced to see it before watching the video. It's a spoiler
Cry some more. Hardcore spoiler-babies are the most annoying people. They're incapable of taking even the slightest bit of something without pissing their pants.

I reckon so. None of the Stevenbombs literally aired their batch of 5 back-to-back without even the intro/outros between eps, did they? I think that's what will be happening here.

Let me get this right:
A single frame from a TEASER trailer is a spoiler.
We don't know what's going on, who's wand-

And that's enough to trigger your spoiler autism.

Is that about right?

Do I have that set straight?

>who's wand
Not again.. Do this many people not recognize Moons wand?

Yeah, looks like 8 episodes back-to-back.

i dont want S3 be shorter just because the movie

>It's real
god dammit

I'll be venture brothers all over again

Well there's nothing you can do it about now. The decision has already been made.

>it's a bomb

How has that been working for AT and SU?

WTF NEfcy you can't give us a movie and then take it away!

well for one its technically not a bomb since its showing all 4 episodes at once as a """movie""".
For SU and AT its different since both have had their shit leaked due to CN's dumbassery and AT's miniseries dont really count as a new season perse

>Just 4 episodes together instead of a well thought movie.
That's not a movie, then. DESU, you can't just announce a movie just like that. They take quite a lot of time to produce.

YESSSSSS!!!!

New Star in July!

I mean, even if it's a string of episodes edited together to fit a movie, they're calling it a TV movie so I'm still calling it that

How deep does this go?

>you can't just announce a movie just like that

THEY JUST DID

>That's not a movie, then
Actually taking more than one episode and airing it concurrently and calling it a movie used to be pretty common back in the 90s

what if they are high quality episodes donde by the precure team or something.

>I'm so fucked up.png

Is this show basically what Darcon or whatever the fuck her name is wanted to see in the 90s down to everything?

it actually kind of is.

she's said in different interviews that it's the show she always wanted to watch on TV that never existed, and that it takes inspiration from all the '80s cartoons she loved as a kid

With Star vs./Steven Universe/Gravity Falls all having this 'creators based major portions off their childhood in the 80's' feel too them, I really wonder what cartoons are going to look like in 2040 when retro emulating retro comes in.

It'll be nothing but Minecraft and PewDiePie.

Glossaryk help us all.

Note that 2 hours is with ads: the movie will probably be roughly 90 minutes sans ads

which is STILL nothing to sneeze at

4 22 minutes episodes = 88 minutes, so yes, there will be a lot of adds. They are 22 minutes right?

>They are 22 minutes right?

Yeah, that's right.

4 episodes at 22 minutes a piece
likely 88 minutes of star
30 minutes of ads

>I'm excited, Sup Forums!

Why are you excited? You're not even in it, Jackie. Just go back to satisfying old men for money.

Why? You're gonna break up with Marco then never be seen again.

Seriously, Sup Forums, the few of you who actually invest in Jackie...why? What does she bring to the table? ESPECIALLY now that the mermaid theory is dead?

You picked the wrong guy.

You're a good girl, but he's been marked. His fate is to marry Star and become King of Mewni.

Break it off before you get too attached.

Seems pretty cool. Usually a show would allude to an event like this in a 2 minute flashback. Glad they're making a movie out of it.

My guess is she's already attached. Otherwise what was the point in dragging out their relationship for like 5 episodes, making everything seem like a milestone, if it was ENTIRELY for Star to realize her feelings?

In my opinion, Jackie will not take it well. And even if she doesn't go to Mewni with everyone else, this isn't the last we'll see of her.

>MOVIE
>its actually just 3 episodes one after another
At least its finally a Toffee/Moon season

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

Anyone got that comic that looks like the legit new ending sequence but then Star gets hit in the head by the keytar?

This is correct. "Hour" long shows are 44 minutes, so two "hours" will be 88 w/ 30 mins of ads. I think. I mean they could fit in another 22 minutes to get to 110, but that would only leave 10 minutes for ads -- not happening.

Toffee and Moon fanart will explode in to a supernova.