Korra and Avatar Discussion

Why is lavabending so hated?

It clearly follows the established rules for bending elements.

Lightningbending should be far more controversial. Is it immune from scrutiny by virtue of being in ATLA?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WtzDiiLMzc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lava bedding is OK,even more if you need fire bender genes to do so.

We know Bolin has a fire nation mother, and Gazaan has a fire nation look about him as well.

Personally, I was fine with lava bending when it was just the one guy. I just would have preferred if they kept it an insanely difficult, one person in a century thing. It was Bolin just pulling the ability to lava bend out of thin air that bothered me.

i hate how everyone puts down mako and bolin. theyre both very strong benders and great characters. bolin was totally fine as a lava bender and not being able to metal bend.

The Avatar universe should be wiped clean

What kind of faggot would hate lavabending?

>theyre both very strong benders
yes
>and great characters.
no

E;R was right

Lavabending isn't hated because it makes no sense. It's hated because it represents a MUH POWERLEVEL shift where bending is nothing more than magic fightin' powers.

Korra's greatest sin, by far, was stripping bending of its spiritual and metaphorical significance. Metal bending is representative of Toph's struggle throughout her life of doing the impossible and overcoming her blindness/disabilities. Blood bending is a metaphor for women and their periods and girl power or something.

You just don't see any of that in Korra, there's functionally no difference between simply punching and shooting out a rock, fireball, ice shard, or air blast.

I dont hate lavabending. I hate bolin mastering lavabending without any training whatsoever.

You know... how come Bolin is so fucking dumb and yet he managed to master a technique so hard? It does not compute, it's not the right mentality.

But user, having your character learn a new power in a moment of crisis and saying "its just because he is that good" its shitty writting, its anti climatic. that's the problem.

>Lightningbending

What? Since when was there a Lightningbending?

From what i understood Bolin had more facility to do lavabending because his mother was from the fire nation, making he closer to the " fire" balance. But as LOK has shitty writing, it has never been explained.

>What? Since when was there a Lightningbending?
Since Mako has more control of it than the likes of Iroh.

Back when Azula shot him during Book 2, he demonstrates to Zuko the technique of generating lightning. He's not bending it, but simply acting as its guide. Iroh is recovering from his injury, so he shouldn't be strain on himself but he still shows Zuko. It's a fierce move, crackling with power, so much so that Iroh doesn't end up wanting to shoot Zuko.

If Iroh is Iroh, then why can't he turn down his lightning technique to not exert himself? Mako gets to use it as a stun function and can crank it up to lethal plus he can use the same hand that is throwing out the lightning to grab the arcs of electricity firing back off the vine cluster in Kuvira's mech.
LoK's Mako is on another level of firebending than Uncle Iroh.

This is fucking retarded. And has no basis in the reality of the show.
Also, why do people say he mastered it out of nowhere? He controlled and cooled it. He was shown to be nowhere near Gazaan or however you spell it until 3 years later. He basically kept himself from being killed until Mako showed up. Add to that being portrayed as an extremely competent earthbender there's no problem. I hate Korra too, but you don't need to pull shit outta your ass to critique the show.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WtzDiiLMzc
Yeah sure user. Not out of nowhere at all.

How is that "mastered"? He stops and cools it. That's it. When he fights the other dude he just does basic shit. Could it have been handled better? Of course, as with everything else in Korra. But you don't need to make shit up to take issue with that.

Lava isn't fire

Don't bother, they're retarded.

They're not retarded, they just really like Bolin to the point of justifying his existence in the story by any means necessary even at the expense of other characters.

>i cant read

No, you're just as retarded.

Because everything in The Legend of Korra AKA the worst show in the history of ever must be hated.

Oh wow now that I think about it yeah blood bending is a period thing. All I think about with blood bending is WANANANA

No, you do sound retarded.

>a drill that is a large scale version of something physically possible, only used for an episode's plot
>a physically impossible contraption that is the final threat

>a demonstration of the outer limits of the Avatar's capabilities (never yet fully defined)
>I sat in a tree and got blue gundam as a normie

>not a point

air, water and earth are real elements... but fire its especial cuz heat its the movement itself of particles in a little spam of time...

Lightningbending its kind more movement of particles in a more little spam of time...

i think its ok... also lavabending its awesome... idk why people hate kora and also hate all the canon that apears... also like how Lightningbending becomes "normal" with some years.

the tacos are cuz im hungry

I agree with the point of that image

except for giant spirit Korra. THAT was an asspull.

Aang was fused with the Ocean Spirit. One of the oldest and powerful of all, who was enraged.

Korra was just "true to herself" and her "inner spirit" was more powerful than a dark avatar.

Definition asspull and the low point of the series.

That's actually a part of the show that I liked. Everything is becoming homogenized and mass produced because this is an industrial boom. It fit well with the theme of the show and could have been used well if ANY of the shows' themes had been used well.

Uncle Iroh was only redirecting Lightning you dumb fuck. Iroh only used lightningbending once, in the Book 2 finale of ATLA.

Mako was just bending lightning like Azula or Ozai.

Ghazan was so cool, why did he have to die? I wish he could have run off with Ming Hua.

no avatar villian has a happy end. none live

Mako got kind of bland after a while; he was at his worst in season 4. Bolin got more screentime with each season and I was happy seeing how far he had come.

It doesn't need to be fire. Fire Nation genes just help to heat up the material, and give you a better control of their temperature that you already would have (that is explained in OP)

But wait...If lava is just melted rock, couldn't earth benders also bend lava?

Lavabending actually makes much more sense than metalbending as an Earth subskill.