So I take it this never occurred

So I take it this never occurred.

No, thanks to the hack writing the comic book, Genndy couldn't use it in the finale or he would have sued

[citation needed]

> Genndy couldn't use it in the finale or he would have sued

Show your work, user.

Bullshit.

I've come to an explanation of sorts springboarded by other anons pointing out time isn't fixed in SJ, but it has its holes.

Remember how in Jack and the Warrior Woman Aku points out he had a premonition that alerted him Jack would find a way to go back in time, and he sought to avert it by following him? You can assume the same here, Aku began having vision after vision of Jack imminently finding portals that actually let him through days before Jack even got there (unlike the portals where Jack would relent going through and so Aku would have no reason to be alerted of them), and so that sort of explains the Guardian. At some point the more unhinged bearded Jack might have intended to go back and just straight up murder the Guardian with a barrage of attacks and be done with it, but Aku saw this and destroyed the Guardian and portal preemptively changing that outcome.

Here's the "problem" though. If Aku saw all these things which is what lead him to them, he should have saw Ashi to begin with and never let her win.
One cheap explanation is that Ashi being of Aku made it so he could not see his own power acting against himself, I'm going to go with that instead of her somehow willingly blocking him because I've had quite enough of her last minute saves.
Still even if he could not see her I feel like he should have kept having a reoccurring nightmare of Jack being in the past without explanation and put together what he didn't know with what he did.

Whatever the case it's likely something Genndy didn't think too much about so there's no sense thinking too much about something he didn't think too much about. It's like trying to draw blood from a stone with a stone chiseled into a needle. Meticulous, but nonsensical.

>King Jack was first used in the TV show
>Comics were made after S4
>The guy who used King Jack, the character Genndy originally made, would have sued
Were you dropped on the head as a child?

He's talking about the specific ending using that concept, not the concept itself.

That said, I still want a source obviously.

>Jack returns to the past
>Years later
>This happens

This.

The Guardian (and the monk boy) are the only one alive on Jack's time. If anything, Jack going back to the past made this vision be possible again.

I have an idea on why Jack would like to use the Portal, but it is just speculation.

Yes it did. During the 50 year gap; right after Jack beat the Guardian Aku kill him and destroyed the portal.

What is that image even? And what is your idea?

10 year wait
>New on adult swim for 2023
>Samurai Jack season 6
>An Aku -less world is still a dangerous place with all sort of crazy shit made possible by an Aku-less future
>Since Aku hasn't been able to stop these threats from developing they have become numerous and powerful (Aliens robots,demons and shiat)
>Jack travels the world seeking out those in need of help whilst also battling his guilt about his previous actions
>Blue Jack returns as Jacks deep depression, Aku is now also a manifestation of Jacks mind, mocking him at every chance he gets, filling him with doubt.
>Jack starts off honorable but gradually becomes more and more brutal as he realizes humans/aliens/robots are capable of as much evil as Aku
>He travels the world, forging alliances with good people.
>Meets scotsmans grandad who looks and acts identical
>Hi-jinx and banter ensues
>Jacks discovers a strange standing obelisk
>Its guardian, a bulky, blue skinned individual emerges from the shadows

Samurai Jack season 7 returns in 2024

What monk boy?
This sounds ridiculously awesome.

>What monk boy?
He's probably referring to the Shaolin Monk Grandmaster's son who states he met Jack the day he arrived to train.

Episode?

Jack, the Monks and the Ancient Master's Son.

In the episode it shows humans who master their qi can attain telekinesis and longevity if not immortality.
A lot of viewers were frustrated by other stuff with no pay off, but that in particular bothered me the most. In the 50 years he was roaming Jack could and should have worked to achieve the next stage, he had already mastered all the other training and received some early Qi lessons that he uses in the show. Yet he never completed it, even though he saw himself that some of the practitioners were fairly young so it clearly shouldn't take him long.

Why would he want to attain immortality? He was already unaging.

He only learned that after some considerable time had passed, time he spent not training.

He had other things to focus on. Such as Aku finding and destroying the time portals before he reached them. Jack was in a hurry.

Some user was drawing ridicuously good rule 63 Samurai Jack pics, and we asked for memes.

I can picture Jack being emperor for many years, until one day he feels that death is coming close, so he decides to go for a last journey. He kiss his wife, wishes a long and proper life to his sons, and them leave Japan.

On the way, he still faces many dangers and hardships, but he finally manages to reach the Portal and the Guardian once again. As Jack is old and close of death, he decided that his last wish would be to see the future that he created after slaying Aku.

Looks understable to me, and don't contradict anything in canon.

No it still happened, in his ending timeline.

No. It just hasn't happened yet.

Pretty sure that idea's been posted here several times now. It was definitely the same idea I had.

Not bad.

I want this, wh-what are the chances of a Season 6?

My heart says pretty good because of the well reception (excluding here) of season 5
But Genndy as a creative/artist type might say no

0%. Although we MIGHT see Symbiotic Titan return.

what is Genndy going to pony up the cash and buy the franchise himself?

Bonus episode, Jack goes back to the future as an old man to find a way to bring Ashi back to life

Can you show me examples of places outside Sup Forums praising the entirety of season 5?
Most people I saw talking about it on normies sites stopped caring after episode 3.

Everyone who I've talked to has said they enjoyed the season, maybe not the finale but enjoyed it as a whole nonetheless. Also I feel it's actually just a very vocal minority on Sup Forums that actually hates it

Most guys I know who cared stopped talking about the season before halfway through.
I think it's closer to an even split on Sup Forums.

That episode was a huge fuck up. I'd argue the biggest of the whole season. Simply because Jack had the opportunity to use the portal, but ultimately refused like some fuckwit.

Here's how it should have ended, shitty headcannon incomming:

>Ashi is still possesed
>Jack's friends come and rescue Jack in the nick of time
>the Scottsman and his daughters battle Ashi, while Jack faces Aku, and Jack's friends face Aku's beettle drones
>It all ends with the defeat of Aku, but before the final blow was struck, Aku reminds Jack of the truth
>"The sword had no power to vanquish me before, it is foolish of you to think this will stop me forever."
>its true, however, Jack puts Aku back in his stone prison, unable to figure out yet how to defeat him.
>Ashi's possesion loses effect, the beetle drones are all destroyed, everyone rejoices.
>After that, they begin to rebuild their old cultures, Jack and Ashi cross the world togheter facing many of Aku's evils and destroying them.
>the world is beeing cleansed.
>the Scottsman is taken to his warrior's heaven
>the years start to finally catch up to Jack
>the civilizations of the world often call him King Jack
>one day, while destroying one of the last of Aku's drone factories, they come across familiar creatures to Jack
>an old phoenix that led Jack to the Guardian
>Jack takes it, while many of his subordinates and friends follow him.
>He finds the Guardian once again (he was never killed)
>"The samurai returns for a rematch! You will only be worthy of entering this portal once you defeat me. Come! Become the man of the prophecy!"
>they fight one on one, sword on sword
>while they do, Jack never let's go of the sword, his mind seems unfocused. He is thinking twice about retuning home.
>the Guardian however manages to make Jack drop it. The fight looks ugly for Jack's side
>Jack tries to get it, but then a flash in his memory, he remembers his father
>he turns around without it, and starts fighting the guardian bare handed, until Jack manages to disarm the Guardian and take his sword for his own.
>then the guardian does multiple things, guns, rockets, claws, punches, watever

cont... (1/2)

It was irritating as fuck to see him give it up when the Monks were vocally willing to give up their lives so he could go through

However, it does reinforce the fact that Jack cannot go back to the past unless others help him and basically force him like Ashi did

>but is then defeated by Jack
>Jack proceeds to look back at everyone that was present
>Ashi, friends, subordinates
>they all agree to allow Jack to return, they want a world without Aku
>they want all the suffering erased
>Jack then goes alone
>In the past Jack meets Aku shortly after he was sent into the future
>Aku is perplexed
>Jack wastes no time and begins to destroy Aku
>Before the final blow is struck, Aku says something familiar
>"The sword had no power to vanquish me before, it is foolish of you to think this will stop me forever."
>Jack then finally reveals what was he saw in the fight with the Guardian, it was his father's words
>"That is true, but the sword is only a tool. The power that shall vanquish you today, is of that hand that wields it. You have decieved my mind for far too long, this time, no shadows cloud my vision"
>then Jack smites Aku, and its truly the final blow
>Aku perishes forever
>the future is changed
>Jack's family is restored, so is their kingdom
>then Jack raises monuments to honor those that fought with him in the future.
>it ends after showing the beggining of many of those friends, now without Aku's grasp.

Oh well. I'm just thankful that other people's opinions don't keep me from seeing as one of the greatest animated series I've ever seen.

That portal was special. I choose to believe it could let him get back to the timeline he left. It's yet to happen in his life.

So genndy gonna sue himself?

>He's talking about the specific ending using that concept, not the concept itself.

>That said, I still want a source obviously.

Not because of suing, but you might have a point there. Genndy was aware of the comics; he probably didn't want to give the series the ending the comic already had. You people would have called him even more of a hack if he had just copied that one.

The final Scene (after the credits) should've been King Jack slowly walking up to the Portal, before drawing swords one last time with the Guardian, that would've been a fitting end at the very least.

Pretty kino

Why though? Where would he be going?

Not yet, anonymous...not yet.

Back to the Past

>Genndy was aware of the comics

He was more than aware, he did alt covers for a couple, and both of them show up in S5 of Jack.

You're almost certainly right, though, that Genndy didn't want to hew too close to what the comics had done. The only really point of commonality was the sword being lost (instead of broken) and there being a love interest that actually makes the future bearable (though Jill was just Aku pulling his usual get-the-samurai-to-cum-in-me-then-scream-FOOL routine).

He's already in the past. Why would he go even further back?

Monks he just met moments before and whose deaths would be kinda undone anyways by completing his mission. They were a lot more determined about his mission than he himself.

I can't help but think they thought it would be a good message for children this way or something.

Whelp, dumb shit happens way more in other cartoons though. Seems like most creators don't take their cartoons seriously, just because it's intended for kids. Made me develop a general distaste for most of the genre early on as a kid.

That said the series ain't bad and I appreciated the last season greatly. Would love to see more mature cartoons with that art style.

so he can kind of, but not really kill aku. enough where he can impregnate ashi's mom

Ashi's mom was born in the future, not the past.
Also, letting Aku live? That's retarded.

I would be better if everyone would get to see jack go to the future and give jack a chanse to sy goodbye.

Pretty much this. It had its good share of flaws, specially the ending, but overall it is the best western animation released the last decade by a fucking huge margin.
Which is also a little sad.

I wanted aku to live because he was like, the best character in the damn show. But some strong karma punishment. Permanently depowered and turned into a critter to be bullied by jacks family, or at least sealed up in the sword or something.

The comic writers wanted him to animate what they wrote in the comic too.

>Permanently depowered and turned into a critter to be bullied by jacks family, or at least sealed up in the sword or something.
That sounds very out of character for Jack or his family man. They'd never endlessly torment their enemies; it's one of the things that distinguish them from Aku.

Should've been 3 more seasons to get everything.

Nah he changes his name into Zoss and conquers the universe

> Immortal Jack goes to find the gods and ask them why they never dealt with Aku themselves, and demand they bring back Ashi as his reward for cleaning up THEIR mess.

> He finds the gods are all dead, and their thrones sit empty

> He sits, and he waits. If he could make it here, so could someone else. He has seen a world ruled by evil allowed to run amok before, and he will not let the same happen again just because there is no one to watch over the derelict power of the gods.

I dont think the comic ending is perfect either, i like the fact it was an in-promptu attack to save jack, not a planned one, how jack was still the lone wolf, but i still rather him to stay in the future.
The comic writter seen to be pretty humble and a fan of the series, though.

This would be great

>main character's whole quest depends on there being no fixed, unavoidable destiny
>is surprised that a prophecy doesn't happen

user...

Nope.
All we got was a scene where jack says this place is familiar, and a scene with the guardian's red glasses broken on the ground.

They literally can't sue using a concept he made in the cartoon first. Let alone they are using a cartoon network IP, you can't sue someone for using the same IP in a different way. If you could there would be 50 fucking lawsuits about comic books taking ideas from older issues.

I don't know where the fuck you get these ideas from but that's just plain retarded user.