Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90628946/#q90628946
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90835665/#q90835665
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91037704/#q91037704
youtube.com/watch?v=PirRWSoxuYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really episode 1-3 were the best.

That's were you're wrong babe

Episodes 5-10 felt like a different show, what happened?

Fucking hell, how many threads does this board need to clarify you liked the first three episodes.

2 was really good but looking back the whole wolf bro thing was just pointless bollocks since it lef nowhere and we got Chinkerbell shoved in instead

It was pure kino. It was some of the best western animation I've seen in a long time

>That music

Gendy initially wrote the story with a movie in mind. so the second half got rewritten to encompassed five episodes while the first half remained largely as-is. it feels different because it was rewritten by genndy when he was in a different headspace compared to when he wrote the first version

Pacing and buildup was perfect. Great sequences + music that were never really topped imo. The final fight against Aku should've been as dramatic as the tomb fight.

Ashi

Agreed

Episode 2*

This shit is going to go on for a very long time.

>Blood covered bearded Jack with the sword was one of the most iconic images of S5 before it aired
>Bearded Jack never held the sword

Pretty much everything built up in the first three episodes became pointless later on.

9 was best

Mad Jack was the only good shit

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90628946/#q90628946
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90835665/#q90835665
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91037704/#q91037704
>All that happiness and optimism
It hurts.

hopefully someone makes a ultimate jack edit

I think you can even edit out Ashi to only appear when he gets back to the past. Use the scene where he lands in the portal and aku picks him out of it, but cut it before he gets picked out

Episode 1 - 8/10
Episode 2 -10/10
Episode 3 - 9/10
Episode 4 - 5/10 (I'm biased against this one because I hate episodes that take place in a living being, unsettles the fuck out of me)
Episode 5 - 6/10 (Average, nothing stood out)
Episode 6 - 8/10
Episode 7 -

As much as it pisses you off.

Disagree on Aku. People need to remember that he's always been a bitch compared to Jack. The problem with Aku was catching him and killing him for good, which the finale at least got right. Am I not the only one who loved seeing Aku get torn apart?

>It hurts.

Because you're one of the autists who shitpost in all the threads about "das not how time travel werks!"?

>8
>7/10

that's where you're wrong kiddo

I wanted to see future Aku get torn apart
Getting past Aku defeated felt like a hallow shell of what it could have been. The last 50 years of their relation ship and struggle were just not there.

What was up with the sudden drop in quality? Around episode 4 or 5 was when I started noticing it. Then when Jack suddenly became his old self again, I knew it jumped the shark.

Also Ashi should have been taken out entirely. Pretty pointless character that took up too much screen time, imo.

I don't even know how you came to that conclusion, Episodes 4-10 have many problems and logic isn't one of them.

What angered me is Jack putting his crush for a girl he just met a few days ago and had only kissed above his duties

That is the exact opposite of the way of the Samurai.

Also using the power of love to save Ashi and Jack instead of something Bushido related felt like such a cop out.

>make an entire season focus on one brand new mary sue that never existed in the first four seasons to the point that the title might as well be "Ashi (ft. Samurai Jack)"
>delete her in the final three minutes

mostly. and then Jack block a mace hit with his bare hand

I don't want to start a Mary Sue argument but I will say this
If it really was Genndy's plan introduce a side character to kill her off at the end for emotional impact then he is an idiot

There is no way you can get that much of an emotional attachment from the audience in ten episodes.

We already have an attachment to Jack. Use that.

Scaramouche crumpled a building on top of him in the first episode of season 5, dude.

Even if Genndy had more epsiodes, it feels cheap that he would introduce a brand new character in the final season. I just doesn't seem right to me. It's like he cheated the fans out of seeing Jack's final epic journey.

Not to mention we had characters like the Gaurdian who were just ignored. The season was supposed to be a wrap up, to lie up lose ends

Why the fuck would you introduce a new end to tie up?

>ywn kick Ashi into a burning pile of ash

I enjoyed the concept but there was no payoff. They didn't interact in any way at all, it felt like Jack could've been killing any of the other villains of the week.

This makes most sense to me

Reminder that Jack also erased his Wolf bro.

EVERYBODY LOVES SOME- oh wait lol she evaporated just in time for the wedding nevermind

Also I'm pissed we didn't get vagabond again: youtube.com/watch?v=PirRWSoxuYU

Reminder that Jack didn't do shit. Ashi tore open a portal in time and flung him into the past. There was nothing Jack could do to save the future.

First, he has his armour.
Second, in ep2, we already see those girls' weapons and skill is good enough to greatly hurt jack

>Using new weapons
>Having a beard
>Hallucination of his parents
>Build-up of the mysterious figure stalking him
>The wolf
>Guilt over killing human beings
>all of this gets dropped for le shitty romcom and penis jokes

>Aku could have easily gotten the drop on Jack while he was incoherent with rage but he just decides to taunt him instead
I love Aku

Yeah, punished Jack was nice.

Based on the fact that most of the screeching is now about Ashi disappearing, YOU ARE WRONG!

Don't fool yourself. Ashi was and still is a pointless character. Those screechers are just normies who are easily manipulated by Genndy's (((storytelling))).

Honestly, there was nothing really wrong with the plot points. The whole season was just terribly paced. Fix the pacing and almost all the other issues go away.

Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad, but see to understand why those plot points are still not that great. Better pacing couldn't save the plot that is "Ashi (ft. Samurai Jack)".

But Ashi really improved as a character in the final episodes. This look alone sells her character so much.

Well this is what happened with the first series, it's not a surprise.

Gennedy just can't keep it up for long.

Ashi could have worked fine as maybe a side character, but having her be deeply ingrained into Jack's personal story feels kind of forced, at least imo. Even Jack's friends like the Scotsman didn't hang around for several episodes and affect his character so drastically.

>Episode 6 - 8/10
>Episode 8 - 7/10
>Episode 10 -

Can Mods just make a Samurai Jack General to contain these cancerous fags?

I can somewhat agree with this, but again I really don't think her presence is what primarily ruined the season. She's being misblamed.

>no guardian payoff
>deleted the entire future
>couldn't even let jack have his good ending

>that image
>1-3 fags
It's only the second half of episode 10 that's bad.