> Wolverine is a woman
> Thor is a woman
> Hawkeye is a woman
> All female superhero group
> Iceman is gay
> Hulk is asian
> There's like 5 Gean Gray's
> There's like 12 spiderman/women

I'm I missing something? What the fuck happened? Where did everyone go? It's not even the "SJW" bullshit that pisses me off, but how the whole Marvel universe is a convoluted mess. How could anyone have a chance in hell to get into Marvel at this point in time?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=read comics
lmgtfy.com/?q=good spiderman runs??
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HydraCap was good when it was self contained but because of the other bullshit you've listed I have had to drop the event. I don't know any of these assholes.

They decided that they wanted to axe a bunch of legacy character to replace them with new ones.
Obviously alot of people were and still are very upset.

>The most intelligent person in the universe is a 12-year-old black girl
You forgot "because an holographic Wiimote said so"

>waaaah it's not the same as the movies
People who actually read the comics obviously get bored of the exact same thing over and over again.

If all you want is the most basic stuff and the same characters as in the movies, go read the earlier comics, there's decades worth of them for you.

Also some of the things you say are just retarded.
>Spiderman is black
No, he's not. There is another Spider-Man who is black and has no effect on the regular one.
>Ironman is black and a woman
Yeah so different from when he was a black man in the 80's.
>Ms. Marvel is a brown Muslim
The character has nothing to do with Carol Danvers except the name, and Carol is still around more than ever if you're really that autistic.

For the ten billionth time, the problem is not that things aren't exactly the same as the movies #triggering you dumbfuck casuals, it's that over 3/4s of the books are just bad. Some of the best Marvel stories of all time involve a hero being temporarily replaced by a sidekick who many times has been a minority.

>wolverine is a woman.
This is the only one that actually had a good succession story, the rest it's like
"S/he is good because we write it"
Specially moon girl being the most intelligent being in the universe, still mad at this, reed Richards had a escalation towards it, showing uncountable times how smart he is, moon girl was a fucking shitty thingy just proclaiming it.

I think he's complaining about the sudden "influx" of "new" characters using the names of other characters.
It's more of a complaint of how there's a multiple versions and it looks complicated rather than "oh no they're not white anymore"

You are a fucking idiot. It's not the writing, it's the fucking diversity.

Only a few white guys left that I can even think about on sale anymore. OML (Dying), Thor (Unworthy), Steve Rogers (Nazi)

FUCK YOU

Both ongoing universes are always having weird shit happening. If you want to read the /exact/ same story over and over again get into Spawn or newspaper strips.

There is literally nothing wrong with
>Captain Hydra
>Kamala-Ms. Marvel
>Laura-Wolverine
Also regular white Spider-Man is still around, but as long as he's written by Slott he'll always be garbage.

If you must read Marvel just look up past storylines that were good and read those.

Marvel prints nothing worth reading at this time.

>Yeah so different from when he was a black man in the 80's.
I'm pretty sure Rhodey was less shitty than Original The Character Do Not Steal

Yes, and? You should be more upset that Carol is the worst female Captain Marvel.

>Hulk is asian
Hulk's been dumb, gray, smart, crazy, and dead. It's not like this phase is that much weirder than Doc Green.

>Spiderman is black
>There's like 12 spiderman/women
Kane, Ben, and Peter are White. Miles is Black. So 75% of Spider-men are White.

No, he's pretty much complaining about the diversity.

Really?
The OP looks more like he's confused rather than anything else, atleast based on what he said in the OP.

75% of Spider-Men are also Peter, genetically speaking.

If you weren't into Marvel, why do you care about the changes? As far as you're aware, THIS is the status quo.

Nah, a true confused normal wouldn't have a full list compiled, he's just baiting.

Good thing we have Kelly and Conway writing a few of the spider books

OP here, Forced diversity is empty. It's essentially doing something right for the wrong reasons. It's no coincidence that they happened to replace many of their staple characters with women of color. Though, from the looks of it, they forgot to make them interesting or well written while they were doing it.

Well, if you had any doubt, he says so here OP admits to being stupid.

OK, you've never read comics though, so you're just guessing. Go go back to whatever board or cartoon thread you were on.

IF I RULED THE WORLD
EVERY DAY WOULD BE A FIRST DAY OF SPRING

wow, the Sup Forumsmblr meme wasn't a meme

Meanwhile, in the distance past:

Captain America is a white man.
Spider-Man is a white man.
Ms. Marvel is a white woman.
Iron Man is a white man.
The most intelligent person in the universe is a white man.
Wolverine is a white man.
Thor is a white man.
Hawkeye is a white man.
All white man superhero group.
Iceman is straight.
Hulk is a white man.
There's like five Jean Greys.
There's like 12 Spider-Men.

The whole Marvel universe is a convoluted mess. How could anyone have a chance in hell to get into Marvel at this point in time?

You're all stupid assholes. None of you whiny, culture warrior faggots even read these stupid books. The only thing that has ever mattered is how good a particular story is.

>Captian America is a Nazi
Nope, he's Hydra, which aren't Nazis anymore
>New Cap is black
Yeah but said black guy's been friends with Rogers since ever
>Spider-Man is black
Nope, Pete's still at it. Miles barely even exists.
And an Inhuman
>Iron Man is black and a woman
Iron Man is Doctor Doom.
>The most intelligent person in the universe is a 12-year-old black girl
Not really
>Wolverine is a woman
X-23 is Wolverine at the moment, yes, but Logan's still kickign and I'm 100% certain they'll be bringing him back to prime age soon.
>Thor is a woman
Not anymore, she vanished
>Hawkeye is a woman
Clint's still around. They both are Hawkeye. THere's a running gag about it.
>All female superhero group
Those have existed for ages
>Iceman is gay
What else is new?
>Hulk is Asian
Which is terrible, but at least Cho gets some character development.

Getting real tired of these daily threads. If I didn't know any better, faggots where getting paid to complains about the same shit every hour of every day over and over again.

But no, dumb shits do it for free

Inb4 Marvel shill. I agree, they're in s pretty bad place right now, just tired of seeing the same damn threads every fucking day

I'm pretty sure it's a rotating task for users on Sup Forums to come here and shitpost about things they don't understand. I refuse to believe people are actually this dumb.

I mean, people complaining about diversity in the new Star Trek must be trolling, right? No one who has ever watched and enjoyed Star Trek before would actually be serious about that.

None of what you listed was bad other than cap being a nazi, and five jean grays, Hero diversity and legacy characters have been a thing for ages. You only reason you newfags think it's such a big deal is because you're too obsessed with fighting "social justice culture" that you give way too much of a shit.

Also you neglect that there are multiple people using the same monikers to perpetuate your point.

Literally the first time I've ever posted this thread. I was actually interested in getting into Marvel, despite all the retardation.

And the presence of black people and women is keeping you from doing it? Are you retarded?

Now that you've seen the damage being a Marvel fan does to peoples brains first hand are you still interested?

lmgtfy.com/?q=read comics

Click any of the readcomics sites, pick a Marvel comic, read it.

Let's say you're particularly intersted in say, Spider-Man?

lmgtfy.com/?q=good spiderman runs??

Find the most celebrated runs, read them.

ENJOY, newfriend. :)

>I really was interested, despite deciding I hated it without reading anything.

I believe you.

>A bunch of characters i know nothing about got replaced by other characters i know nothing about
Why do you care?

He doesn't. He just wanted some (you)s

>getting triggered because of skin color

DELETE THIS

So...how long until we get a gay FtM transgender black double amputee paraplegic deaf dragonkin French Muslim as the next Iron Man?

Your bait is most excellent, sir!

writes want to create new characters
but has been shown repeatedly, wholly original characters almost never become popular in big 2 comics
on the other hand legacy characters have a much higher chance of becoming popular enough to stick around since they coast off the brand of their predecessor
Marvel has unfortunately gone full FUBAR with the legacy characters

that said
> Where did everyone go?
only a handful or originals are actually dead and buried. Cap got turned into a nazi because a genie did it and will likely be fixed by the end of the story. Peter Parker is still active as Spider-Man. Carol is still active, just going by Captain Marvel rather than Ms. Marvel since her reasoning for going by Ms. is no longer reflected by going by Ms. Tony Stark is taking an AI vacation while his meatsack is in a coma and will probably become active as Iron Man again when Marvel rolls out their next season.
Moon Girl has a high IQ or whatever but she's an idiot who fails to understand why a child isn't afforded the responsibility to fix the world.
Logan is one of the few that are dead an buried.
Thor is still around, he's just having an identity crisis since Mjolnir dumped him and is going by Odinson. Clint Barton is still active as Hawkeye.
Iceman being gay, yeah not gonna make excuses for Bendis' crappy writing.
Bruce Banner is dead and buried but that's not gonna stick for long.
There's only one Jean at the moment but she's a timeclone and not the original. The 'other jeans' you saw were likely Rachel Summers and Hope Summers. One is Jean Grey's daughter from an alternative future and the other is Cable's adopted daughter. They've both been phoenix hosts because that bird just fucking loves telepathic mutant.

and in answer to your question, you get into Marvel the same way as always. Pick a character/team, read their publication history, then pick another and do the same.

Nazi cap has been badass

>queer cripple who rebuilds themself as a cyborg dragon because fuck you world
that sounds like a way more compelling character than Riri, who is just your typical restless teenage genius

>> Wolverine is a woman
>> Thor is a woman
>> Hawkeye is a woman
None of these are bad.

>>Gean Gray

This.
Nazism is cool again.

I like slav Ironman

OP is right, Sup Forumsmblr

> New Captain America is black
Isn't it Falcon? I'm only shocked that wasn't already a plotline.
>Wolverine is a woman
Isn't it X-23? I'm only shocked that wasn't already a plotline.
>Thor is a woman
Isn't it Jane? I'm only shocked that wasn't already a plotline.
>Hawkeye is a woman
Now I know that's already happened.

Seriously, given how much comics love making new Green Lanterns or Spidermans, or like Red/Blue Superman shit, I can't believe none of these have been done before.

>It's not the writing, it's the fucking diversity.
>I don't care about writing, I care about optics.
I can see you're a man of high taste.

>If you are a cis-white guy you must be a nazi

Thank you Marvel.
But try spitting in my face a bit more Marvel, I don't feel like buying your books just yet.

Do what everyone else does: ignore the modern comics, watch the movies and read back issues or trades from the 60s-80s.

This thread was totally made by someone who has read comics before and totally isn't just a 19 year old from Sup Forums trying to be an epic trole.

>Face-Heel turns are nothing new
>Sam is more than qualified to bear the shield but his comics are crap
>Kamala was alright. She was just your typical "daughter of immigrants trapped between her parents culture and America's culture" and her solo run was pretty fun before she became a dumb mouth piece.
>Laura is Logan's daughter. Nepotism at work. But she fits

Agree with the rest.

In what way is OP incorrect in anything he said?

>not making the new characters and new heroes instead
Not only is it a fucking lazy approach it's also objectively shit.

The fact he wanted to get into Marvel in the first place.