Grey Jedi Adventures #68 (May 28th)
Gay Jedi Adventures #69 (May 29th)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=yzpBS9cC83U

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-cnM6aosLI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823244160261967872
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Blackwing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gay Jedi Adventures, you say?

>Kanan will die before impregnating Hera

Post Anakin/Obi-Wan

fix

the

links

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Star Wars Insider #173 (May 23)
IncrediBuilds: Rogue One: Death Star Book and Model (May 23)
IncrediBuilds: Rogue One: AT-ACT Book and Model (May 23)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:

>Legends Recommendation List:

>Complaining about Force trees when pic related have existed for quite some time now

Also, what exactly is the problem with the Force perhaps having been first born from trees? It's literally no different from trees producing the oxygen we all need to live, no less breathe. The Force isn't magic, it like all life was born from something. Trees are life, and the Force is born from life.

Not to mention it would actually very much be in line with Star Wars actually being mythology.

>The Force isn't magic

Met Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole today at a con, got them to sign some stuff. Both were real nice dudes. Asked Stackpole if there were any plans yet for him to write some new canon stuff, he said not yet but didn't seem bitter or anything. Zahn seemed like a total badass, wore a regular watch on one wrist and a calculator watch on the other and just generally didn't give a fuck. Going to try and get some stuff signed by Claudia Gray tomorrow, and there's a panel with her, Zahn, and Alan Dean Foster. Anything /swco/ wants me to ask anyone?
Also pic related is the Thrawn poster Zahn signed for me. I still haven't read Thrawn
/blog, I just thought it was kind of cool

>fix
>the
>links
no

I don't think the issue so much is Force trees, but that the rumor that first cited on in 8 also came with the idea that the light side and dark side were originally a sister and brother, who Rey and Snoke are the reincarnations of.

Can someone explain what the issue with Force Trees are? Cuz wasn't there a Force Cave on Dagobah? Like if the tree is just strong in the Force like the cave on Dagobah, why is that an issue?

Maybe it's just like the burning bush in the bible? I don't think it's going to have too much relevance to the plot. Trees being symbolic for life/spirituality is a thing in like pretty much every religion/mythology, so it makes sense why that idea would appear in SW

good shit

Honestly, because it makes the Force come off as less cosmic than it otherwise should. While old myths do work with concepts like World Trees and stuff like the Garden of Eden, trees themselves are not the original life forms. This is more personal, but I've always preferred the Living Force as stemming from the origin of all life itself.

Well that, which is more subjective, and the whole thing about Force Siblings.

Yeah that's the part I'm wary of. I don't care if there's an actual Force tree, I just don't want that weird "this is how the light and dark" began being in there. It felt like whoever came up with that rumor skimmed a Wook summary of the Mortis arc.

hasnt force sibling been canon for a while though

that rumor is such bullshit purely based on the fact that every other leak we've had from TLJ has been visual things, ie shit people have seen on set or being filmed and leaked to MSW. How would "Rey is the incarnation of the light side of the Force and her brother was the incarnation of the dark side" leak? Like unless Daisy, Mark, Rian, or any other high up person in production leaked it, how would that get out? It's not something that an extra or production assistant would see being filmed, since it's background information. Everything else has been planets, scene descriptions, or types of ships, but they've all been vague descriptions. Yet somehow the Rey/Force Tree rumor is treated like absolute truth around here, even though as a leak it just makes no sense logically. And why would that be the only thing we know about the new backstory revealed in the film? Nothing about Luke, Leia, Finn, Benicio del Toro, etc. Nothing about the third act, or really the story at all aside from what we can infer from the trailer and the few leaks we've gotten so far.

Use your noggins, /swco/

I don't necessarily have a problem with that, either. It sounds rough at the moment, but it evokes both Adam and Eve as well as Cain and Abel as catalysts for the world of man. But more importantly, it rings true with the Force's representing the idea of the taijitu or yin yang: yin is feminine and passive while yang is masculine and aggressive.

b-b-but MARY SUE!!!!!!

and feminists hate men?? aka this movie RUINED STAR WARS

Were you at PCC? I cancelled my ticket because of what happened, and then that crazy shit went down and they banned all prop weapons. How was it?

rotj ruined star wars

Sorry, my mistake - yang is feminine and passive, while yin is masculine and aggressive. Their being relatively gender neutral doesn't help and I tend to go on how they sound.

Wait, what happened? Let me look this-
>Gunman Arrested at Phoenix Comicon Claimed He’s The Punisher and Wanted to Kill Jason David Frank
Er, okay then

...or are they

Wait no I had it right the first time. Christ

It was a lot of fun today, I'm going tomorrow too. Some neat SW panels, and there's a LoZ one that I want to check out as well. I heard there were some delays getting in this morning for people who still needed to register and get their badges. I drove here from El Paso, so I didn't hear about any of the shit that went down until I was already inside. Besides some additional security getting in (still only took me about 5 minutes) it seemed about the same as last year

Yeah I live here and have been going to this con for six years. It's been going downhill real fast, and I'm kind of tired of it. I'm glad I didn't go this year, because all the characters I have cosplays for need foam weapons. And the panels were kind of garbage. Let me know how the star wars one is, though. Last year they were fucking trash, including me getting hit on by an entire panel room because I was the only Phasma (and I have a vag)

Difference though is that it only serves to harken back to the Grey Jedi meme where for some inexplicable reason, it's a good thing to use the Dark Side rather than it being an unnatural and scary thing as we saw with the Sith, Nightsisters, and even the Bendu.

When the Dark Side is shown time and again as something to be avoided due to being undoubtedly a bad thing (although not necessarily suppressed due to the possibility of leaving people unpracticed in the art of handling their darker emotions in a healthy way), it completely changes the meaning of the story to imply that "Hey, the Dark Side is A-OK" and a valid alternative to seeking balance and trying to be the best person you possibly can.

Yeah I guess if you cosplay it might be kind of a drag. I don't so I don't really notice. I'll recap or something tomorrow. Is the consensus in PHX that PCC is trash? This is only my second year but I've found it pretty enjoyable, I like the focus on writers/artists instead of actors

Also, both yin and yang and necessary halves of a whole, with neither being good or evil (due to human morality not fitting into the Taoist interpretation of nature being compose of binaries). The Dark Side, in contrast, is always shown as a bad thing to work with.

It's why stories that try to equate Good and Evil with Yin and Yang don't work so well. Remove one of the latter and the universe is imbalanced. Remove Evil and suddenly the world is a much nicer place to live in because no one's an asshole and everyone's willing to be selfless on behalf of others.

For the guy who wanted pics of Ahsoka ;)

Why does the force love mary sues?

It seems everyone who is strong with the force is a mary sue... everyone who is a mary sue, concurrently, is strong with the force.

Ex: Vader. Strong with the force, Born of a virgin mother, the strongest force weilder ever.

Ex: Rey. Strong with the force. masters the force instantly after learning about it and out duels veteran jedi killer.

Need I go on?

>Difference though is that it only serves to harken back to the Grey Jedi meme where for some inexplicable reason, it's a good thing to use the Dark Side rather than it being an unnatural and scary thing

Not really? The Dark Side isn't unnatural. Certainly it can be scary and ideally should not be consciously practiced or used to darker ends, but it certainly isn't unnatural. Everyone has gone on record to say that despite its corruptive influence and association with the Sith, that the Dark Side is completely natural within the Force. The Jedi considered it and its abilities to be unnatural and worthy of contempt and denial but then that ignorance is what got them wiped out. This was literally the lesson Yoda had to learn from confronting his own Dark Side. You can train against it in the interest of controlling it but never, ever deny it because that is when it has you. Reject its influence, but not its presence.

This is a common theme in much of religion, mythology, philosophy and even analytical psychology. We all have a Dark Side, Shadow or hintergedanken. Denying it only gives it power that will one day be unleashed. Recognizing it, however, and reconciling with it is the only way you'll be able to experience balance in yourself as an individual and reconnect with your True Self. Know that you -can- do evil despite being raised to believe otherwise. None of the "my kid isn't capable of this kind of horror" you hear a lot from parents. Everyone is capable. The real power is in acknowledging and accepting this while still refraining from outright proving it.

This has nothing to do with the Gray Jedi ridiculousness of wielding both Dark and Light without consequence - that's literally against the laws of nature. Star Wars will still be black and white, don't get the idea of "balance" wrong - too many people do - but perceptions on that makeup will change.

Because escapist characters are what the audience digs...as long as they can identify with them

force siblings has zero credibility

that's not what a Mary Sue is though. Mary Sue's are just author inserts in a story.

So with that definition, Rey, Jyn, and Emilia Clarke are Mary Sue's because they have similar features to Kathy Kennedy (white, thin, brown hair) but more attractive and strong. But no one makes that argument. They just say Rey is a Mary Sue because she beat Kylo in a lightsaber duel, but it's just a buzzword for female characters that people don't like or think are too strong. There are legitimate arguments about Rey beating Kylo not making sense, but there are equally legitimate counter arguments as to why it makes sense that she won (I'd agree with that side but I don't feel like getting into that debate again).

I blame Max Landis desu

Because you're thinking in the wrong literary sense. Mythology and religion always have their own "mary sues". Greek Heroes and/or Demigods to be precise. The only difference between them and the contemporary definition of such in fiction is that mythological "mary sues" tend to exist to fulfill not the author's whims, but a particular theme central to the story. More often than not, said character must suffer and absorb the lesson from that suffering to realize the fulfillment of the theme before passing on. So they're not mary sues by our definition. The only real fault with Rey is JJ and Kasdan's execution. Lucas' execution of Anakin/Vader by comparison is pretty much exactly how a mythic hero should classically be portrayed.

>Playing Minecraft on Xbox One
>Tarkin Skin
>locked behind 2.99 paywall

fuck this gay shit I'll play the free Ahsoka skin

I mean, it's not only that she beat Kylo.

well no shit sherlock. everyone with a functioning brain figured that out when it was posted

wasn't Anakin a villain though? Wouldn't Luke be a better example? Especially because he follows the hero's journey to a T.

Anakin's portrayal in the prequels was so weirdly executed (innocent little kid in Episode I, new actor after a timeskip and he's super emotional and even murders women and children in a rage in Episode II, and then in Episode III he starts as a hero and ends as a villain.

I get what Lucas wanted to do with Anakin and his arc, but I don't think it was executed the way he intended Anakin's fall to be. I'm not putting the blame with Lucas, though, because by the nature of making the prequels a trilogy there's no good way to have the hero become the villain unless you're a ridiculously talented screenwriter, and Lucas has even admitted he doesn't consider himself a great screenwriter. I can't think of a single screenwriter who would have been able to write Anakin as the protagonist as the prequels and having him go from a hero into the villain flawlessly. The three-act structure and hero's journey that Lucas loves just doesn't work like that. If it was 1 film, I think it could have been done. Especially if Obi-Wan was the protagonist. But 3 films with the first 1 introducing Anakin half-way through at such a young age that he's just kinda like a side-character in the film, and then having Episode II start to show Anakin turn to the dark side but then starting Episode III with him being heroic, it's just awkward.

Rey being a "rip-off" of Luke is because Luke was written to follow Campbell's Monomyth with his arc over the 3 films. Unless Rian is planning on flipping everything on its head and turning Rey to the dark side and Kylo to the light, which is unlikely, Rey's arc in ESB will be similar to Luke's. Not because it's a rip-off of ESB (although having AT-ATs vs speeders on a salt planet instead of a snow planet is a bit on the nose) but because her arc is following the Hero's Journey.

Luke's Heroe's Journey was drawn from Joseph Campbell. Anakin's was drawn from David Adams Leeming.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey

Under the Summary tab. There are variations on the monomyth that go beyond Campbell.

>after a timeskip and he's super emotional and even murders women and children in a rage in Episode II, and then in
Did you miss out on watching TPM?

>unique resistance ships
>Golden Snoke confirmation
>evil BB8s
>Captain Poe

was this the leak that saved TLJ

Not one spoiler tag.

Fuck you man

I love GOOOOOOOLD

Will literally be shown in trailers, fuck off

>human colored

CONFIRMED LUKE CLONE

Be still my kokoro

yes

> no customization

man I'm really happy with how Snoke seems to be based on the leaks and his gold outfit confirmed by the Lego set but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing. Because he's obviously a new character, especially because the Art of TFA talks about how he was originally a woman and other ideas JJ explored for Snoke's character design.

I'm not looking forward to the "Snoke should have been Palpatine!" or "why wasn't Snoke actually Watto?" bitching for months after TLJ comes out.

You dont know that
I wasnt even in this fucking thread, was scrolling the front page

Youre an asshole

there will still be plenty of that because Rian said TLJ doesn't delve into his origin that much

golden snoke will be on the shelf of every toy store on September 1st. it's not a spoiler. suck my cock

>but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing.
m8 where the fuck have you been, an uncharted island? They've been doing exactly that for literal ages. The only reason Snoke theories still exist are because of ironic memers and people who refuse to listen to reason/the truth

>yfw snoke is T3-M4

>but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing.

People would spin that as being a half truth to cover up the truth of his being a pre existing character. It'd have been Khan all over again and nothing would have been gained or lost.

people only want Snoke to be an old character because Lucasfilm suck cock at creating new villains

The Force isn't based on the Tao, though. If it were, the Dark Side not only wouldn't be evil, it would be NECESSARY. Why do people always fuck this up? If the Force were fully based on the Tao, then the cycle of Dark and Light, Sith and Jedi, would be totally natural, and would be expected. The moment something becomes fully Yin, it immediately becomes fully Yang, and vice-versa.

I dont go into fucking toy stores or browse fucking lego sets for spoilers. You did a shitty thing.

>going to toy stores

The whole reason the Force Tree idea is shitty is exactly the same reason Midichlorians are shitty. The idea, in and of itself, is not a bad idea. But it is a deeply unnecessary idea.

Why do we need to know the origin of the Force? Why do we need to know anything about the mechanics of the way the Force interacts with living things? What purpose would that serve, for the sorts of stories that Star Wars has consistently told? Star Wars is fairy tales and legends set in space. In fairy tales and legends, you don't try to prod around to find out where the fairy godmother comes from, or why the mirror lets you see the future. You just accept that this is how things works.

This is why midichlorians were a terrible idea. We never needed to even ask the question they're the answer to. Who cares how, precisely, living things interact with the Force? It's enough that they do, and that everything works. I hate to quote Plinkett, but he asks a relevant question: "Is this a story that needed to be told?" Does Star Wars NEED to explore the origins and foundations of the Force? I posit that it does not. Otherwise you begin to open the door to a subversive deconstruction of Star Wars, like what we get in KOTOR 2. The Force Trees lead us ever so slightly closer to Keia.

that's fine. The OT doesn't delve into anything about the Emperor's backstory and he's still a great character. As much as I love Palpatine in the prequels I do kinda wish all we knew about the Emperor was what we saw in Return of the Jedi. What we were about him told visually was enough to explain who he was and our imaginations filled in the rest. It's like how little we see of the shark in Jaws makes it more scary.

Watching Return of the Jedi and knowing the Emperor's real name is Sheev makes him a lot less threatening. I'll never understand why Star Wars fanboys need to know EVERYTHING. I was looking at Pablo's twitter earlier and was baffled at the questions people ask him. Like does Captain Phasma's age really matter that much? And why would anyone give a fuck? or when Ackbar became an Admiral?

But he answers those types of questions so I guess that might encourage it.

What's wrong with Kreia?

>Like does Captain Phasma's age really matter that much?
To be fair, it could give some insight on what somebody might know of the galaxy.

Rian posted a picture of him holding a post it that had "your Snoke theory sucks" printed on it sometime last year. I could see it as him making fun of people having theories about who he is, but people definitely interpreted it as evidence that there is a "correct" theory about Snoke's identity, so it fueled the fire.

The fanbase is so autistic regardless that I think even if they did put an end to the Snoke theories they'd find something else to latch onto. Like Lor San Tekka, who I still don't know why people continue to talk about as if he has any relevance to the plot of TLJ and IX even though his character served his entire purpose (give the map to Luke Skywalker to Poe who in turn gives it to BB-8) and gets killed less than 5 minutes into The Force Awakens, never mentioned again afterwards. But somehow that means he's Boba Fett or something

I like KOTOR 2 a lot, but where do you go AFTER it? It's kind of a scorched-earth approach to Star Wars. You've revealed that both major sides of the eternal galactic conflict are morally bankrupt, and that in all honesty everyone deserves to die and/or writhe in the naked agony of a godless universe. How do you move on from there?

>I wish they outright just said he was an original character
They have. People just ignore what Pablo and others say because they want to hold onto their theories. People just insist that denials are just misdirection and that any day now we'll see TRUE and HONEST proof that Snoke is Plagueis/Mace/Evazan/Jar Jar etc

>Like Lor San Tekka, who I still don't know why people continue to talk about as if he has any relevance to the plot of TLJ and IX even though his character served his entire purpose (give the map to Luke Skywalker to Poe who in turn gives it to BB-8) and gets killed less than 5 minutes into The Force Awakens, never mentioned again afterwards. But somehow that means he's Boba Fett or something
Honestly I think people just want a reason to believe they didn't just waste Max von Sydow on a bit part.

but her character is at most a henchman in a mask, whether she's 19 or 45 is irrelevant because there's absolutely nothing to her character. They may as well be asking how old Lobot is. Why does it matter? And why does anyone even care? It's not like they're asking why Jango Fett hired a bounty hunter to kill Padme, even though he was himself a bounty hunter, and then he kills that bounty hunter while she's with the two Jedi who just left Padme alone, when he could have used that as an opportunity to kill Padme.

But no, we need to know if paper is canon in the Star Wars universe.

Man I would actually pay to see the movie multiple times if Snoke was Jar Jar.

Can you imagine? You could build up to the idea that Snoke needs to "heal," and that Snoke is "slowly healing." Then, at the climactic moment, Snoke appears, hooded and hidden, his voice sounding noticeably different.

Then with Luke and Rey and Kylo looking on, Jar Jar throws back the hood and says, "Supwise! Meesa Snoke!" Then cut to the credits, with the Cantina Music playing over them. It would be some Andy Kaufman shit.

>we need to know if paper is canon

holy fuck it's real
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823244160261967872

my sides

>in a world where the TLJ trailer has a paper book someone still decided it'd be smart to ask Pablo if paper is canon
im out

>It's not like they're asking why Jango Fett hired a bounty hunter to kill Padme, even though he was himself a bounty hunter
Do you not know what a stringer is?

fucking hell Pablo's twitter is reaching Wookieepedia levels of autism, I'd feel bad for him but he kinda brings it on himself by answering the stupid questions instead of just ignoring him. I asked him about how passage of time works in Star Wars (ie: is there a centralized "year" since planets have different days in a year) and he ignored it but then answered someone asking what Cassian's military rank was. Oh well.

That's why he likes to talk about Transformers instead.

apparently saying fan theories aren't canon is also sexist too? And saying whether or not there will be a romance element to TLJ's story like Han and Leia's in ESB is discrimination towards gays? or something? Rian's twitter is usually 10/10 but god damn whenever there's an announcement or something is released about TLJ he has to put up with so much shit. He does it with class though, which I respect.

>her bio says she's a teacher and a mom

wtf she comes off as like a teenage girl on tumblr, how the fuck is she a teacher?

>insane shippers have migrated from Fanfiction.net to Twitter

God help us.

>I still haven't read Thrawn
Read it, it's really comfy.

>Zahn seemed like a total badass, wore a regular watch on one wrist and a calculator watch on the other and just generally didn't give a fuck.
Every time I hear more about Zahn, I like him more.

I am particularly happy at how well he has embraced Canon, helping flesh it out exponentially. I was a little afraid that he would be bitter towards Canon because he was basically the grandfather of Legends and all the work he created, and all the work he inspired, was set aside. But he seems more than happy with what they're doing, and has helped Canon in a huge way.

>Anything /swco/ wants me to ask anyone?
Bring a picture of Rig Nema and ask them what she is.

PELLAEON IS THE BEST CHARACTER

>Bad Touch Edition

Perfect.

>As such, the name of the death trooper stems from a rumored project from the Advanced Weapons Research division, designed to animate necrotic flesh.

spookyscaryskeletons.gif

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Blackwing

I keep forgetting this is canon still.

For some reason I can't get the book MEGA to load up.

This is annoying.

>evil BB8s
muh dick
>tfw he isn't called BB-H8

Somebody get Pablo on the phone, we have to make this canon

Not only is it canon, but it's the backstory to a spotlight special Stormtrooper in the first non-saga Star Wars movie.

Just shows the lengths the LSG is going to have a seamless, properly fleshed out multi-media continuity.

delicious brown

>ywn have a threesome with Billie and Carrie