Will he ever admit he was just embarrassed he was so positive towards the Force Awakens and THATS why he basically...

Will he ever admit he was just embarrassed he was so positive towards the Force Awakens and THATS why he basically vehemently shit talked Rogue one and Star Wars for months after that? To me TFA and Rogue One are equally fan service crap with nothing redeemable in them I still cannot understand why they liked that movie at all but shit on Rogue one so hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought RO was alright. Forgettable, but easy on the eyes, while TFA was just shit.

>Forgettable, but easy on the eyes
But that's literally TFA also?

Yeah, but it goes nowhere and explains too little.

Mike doesn't know anything about storytelling and he doesn't take film making to be an art form in an way.
He only likes Star Trek, shlock, and tired formulas that need to be adhered to because, according to him, that's what it's all about - ironic when you consider that all they ever fucking talk about is how repetitive Hollywood is... yet one of Mike's complaints about Episode 7 was that Rey and Finn didn't make out and that there wasn't a romance angle.
Jay is the only person there that genuinely seem to enjoy movies without preconceived ideas of what they should be.

When will you ever admit that TFA was just a solid entertaining movie. It was everything it need to be. It was a Star Wars Greatest Hits Mixtape and it was fine.

Not great, not without problems. But a necessary course correction and reminder to everyone what made Star Wars likable for Disney to springboard their new property.

>I-its just a remake of A New Hope!

No fucking shit kiddo. Do you think nobody noticed this except you? If you want to blame someone for the direction the movie took, blame uncle George. TFA is a enjoyable movie.

its not though, it couldve been but its not

>watch old half in the bag
>some dumb annoying bitch is there too
whos this

Can you e-celeb faggot fucks just die

you talking about Susan?

HAVE YOU SEEN STAR WARS??

has red hair. i was looking forward to them but she ruins it for me

If people didn't like that TFA was a greatest hits of Star Wars, that's fine, it's a completely valid criticism. I think the movie took enough risks to justify itself despite the rehashing, but I get why people wouldn't like it.

What really gets me is that people think they're insightful or clever for noticing the similarities. The movie wasn't trying to trick anyone, and it's very transparent as to what it was trying to do.

Rogue One was abysmal and all the complaints that TFA was fanservice-y go double for that movie. Partly because the fanservice doesn't match the tone of the film in the least and repeatedly takes me out of what's happening. TFA is fun and light for the most part, so cutting to a shot of the floating target practice droid, the chess, or Rey calling the Falcon garbage isn't as jarring as C-3P0 and R2-D2 showing up for a needless cameo in a movie that had nothing at all to do with them.

Jillian? She's like in 2 episodes, the ninja one and something else.

Yeah I like Jay, I am always surprised how much I agree with him on most reviews

Why are you so autistic that you care this much about some fat dude's opinion about a movie for children?

>Jay is the only person there that genuinely seem to enjoy movies without preconceived ideas of what they should be.

Pretty much. The Thor Ragnrok review is a good example of this. Mike rants for pretty much the entire thing, but it's about how the movie wasn't what he wanted it to be, not any actual faults he had with the movie as is. While Jay otoh pointed out specific things he liked or didn't like about it.

What's Your Number. They were back-to-back episodes. She was also on an episode of Best of the Worst.

I don't get it. Why did they go through all that hassle of getting the plans to the death star if they could have just FTL rammed a Mon Calamary cruiser into it?

If you have ever been to this board literally ever, you would know how much of an influence he is to these kids

>Checkmate, Soy Wars.

>The movie wasn't trying to trick anyone
It tried to trick me into thinking it'd do anything remotely clever
>it's very transparent as to what it was trying to do
People who say shit like this act like the general public, over just ten years, forgot that Star Wars exists. Fucking STAR WARS

That user is quoting Jay as a meme. Relax.

Kek

Jay cuckishly defends TFA as well, and his reasons are even dumber than Mike's, which essentially boil down to showing him Star Wars shit he remembers. His entire defense of the film is that it should be pardoned of its lazy rehashed nature, because it was to "introduce the new characters," as if you couldn't have done it any other way.

Also
>She was charismatic as HELL
Jesus.

>It tried to trick me into thinking it'd do anything remotely clever

You didn't think Kylo was clever? and I liked how despite the movie taking a lot of beats from the original flick it was still primarily about the new characters rather than rehashing the old.

It would have been so easy to do a whole nother trilogy about the OT heroes, and the only one with any sizable role in TFA is Han and he doesn't show up until 45 minutes in. Our new characters are the ones who do all the heavy lifting.

Daisy Ridley is charismatic as hell, and I agree with him that TFA existing as a re-establishment of Star Wars is acceptable if they pushed that in new and interesting directions. But they didn't, and J.J.'s movie looks worse in retrospect because he failed to push Star Wars in interesting directions to begin with.

tripfag being a retard like usual

>You didn't think Kylo was clever?
only in TLJ

>When will you ever admit that TFA was just a solid entertaining movie. It was everything it need to be.
Half of the movie makes no sense. At the immersion-breaking level.

Here's the review we should have got

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

Based hackfraudmedia

It was a lazy rehash that was good because the source material was good.
....its just less good because its a rehash.
Its really not that hard.

I guess it just depends how much the fact that it was rehashed bothers you personally

>Daisy Ridley is charismatic as hell
I guess it's up to opinion, but I thought she was a total flatline in TFA and TLJ.

>replying to tripfags
what's wrong with you?

It shouldnt have had the OT heroes in it at all, those characters shouldve had their own story that isnt tied down to the past, oh but having Han Solo show up being 80 years old and still wearing his outfit from Empire is definitely better than these characters having their own adventure.

i think that the force awakens was just a huge relief for a lot of people, also gave an exciting picture of what future SW movies could be, it's understandable that he was a little over the moon

I'd have preferred a lesser movie with a slightly different story than an overall weaker rehash. All the new stuff they put in VII was worse than stuff that existed in IV, with the exception of Finn's initial character.

The one dynamic I liked in TFA was Finn's nature as a disillusioned Storm Trooper. I felt like that had potential, but then they turned him into a jibber jabbering clown.

Context is important. They meant Rey was charismatic as hell in relation to Jyn Erso who was a flatboard

>another fucking Star Wars thread

Mike had to either pretend or genuinely liked TFA because he suggested JJ Abrams direct Star Wars movies in a Plinkett review. He wasn't about to appear as a hypocrite from the video that gave him Youtube welfare for the rest of his (short) life.

>TFA is fun and light for the most part,
Fuck you.

In what way was she a flatline? She demonstrated range, emotional line delivery, an understanding of her character's thoughts and feelings, and reacted to things in a way that made sense. Those are the fundamentals of acting, and she generally delivers on what actors are meant to deliver on.

>It would have been so easy to do a whole nother trilogy about the OT heroes

That's literally all they had to do
Maybe make make movies from the Thrawn trilogy

That image makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Exactly if Rey was just like a jedi in hiding, Finn was on the run from the neo empire and Poe was the charismatic rebel and they had their own ship it wouldve been a more interesting movie.

Okay, they do blow up 5 planets simultaneously after Space Hitler goes into a psychotic megalomaniacal rant, but it's the most energetic and exciting movie in the franchise in over 30 years. I really can't understand what people see in Rogue One by comparison.

I like Rogue One more because the Empire's political in-fighting and oneupmanship was interesting, it felt more like the OT than the Sequels ever did sans the Crawl, and because all of these important Rebel characters die and make their sacrifice for the sake of getting the plans out safely. They can't then be retconned into later installments. I also liked the shuttle designs, a good blend of the styles between Sith and Hope, and most of all they're original and not carbon copies of the Lambda Class shuttle.

Why yes Rich, there would be AT-ATs and AT-STs present at an Imperial base. Why were they so up in arms over this shit?

>EUfaggotry
>bloo bloo TFA is a rehash but why isn't it even MORE of a rehash? Why is it about new things too?

what the fuck do you people want?

>Blame Uncle George
You don't get to scapegoat him for something he washed his hands of, Mouse.

>Mike doesn't know anything about storytelling

Yeah it's true. If you actually think about what he bitched about in the plinket reviews, its the logical incoherence of the plots. A story can make total sense and still be meaningless to an audience. More famously he pointed out the characters were boring, but everyone knew that and that's almost a separate issue from a good story. The only actually storytelling criticism is the TPM probably needed a main character.

Rogue One didn't shit so hard on the original characters as TFA did. Thats not saying much, but it was better as a result.

I didn't think so either before watching Rogue 1.

Daisy Ridley actually brought some amount of charm and likability to her character.

Is this what fillmmaking is now? You have to make a whole uninspired mediocre sequel just to "correct course"?

It sounds like some strategy from Cold War diplomacy, not fucking blockbuster adventure movies.

I dont think Rich or Jay really cared enough either way the one in charge is Mike so he is the one who set up that whole thing I really think its because he was embarrassed he was so positive about TFA.

That guy is out to mantle Plinkett. He's doing great.

Rogue One > TFA + TLJ

Truth

Additonally, it doesn't really invalidate the need for the Rebels to analyze the plans of the Death Star. Knowing any vent shaft weakness died with Jyn Erso. Luke still needed to trust the Force to make his shot.

The most damage it does is kind of screw with Vader's lines when he's aboard the Tantive IV.

Ultimately, the movie is harmless and doesn't fuck too much with the canon. The most fanservicey shit was seeing Panda Baba and Dr. Erzavan on Jedha.

At the end of TFA review didn't he admit it was a pile of shit and run away?

He admitted he was paid by Disney and ran off. Mike is misguided but honest with his shilling.

TFA has a Waffen-SS in space that goes "HOL UP DO YOU HAS A BOYFRIEND" 5 mins into the movie, a power fantasy unrelatable protagonists, shoddy worldbuilding, caricature villains and lots of stufff so ass-pulled that is even pointed out by one of the characters (that'a a story from another time LMAO).
Along with premises completely faulty (how and why Luke left, how the FO came in power with all that equipment).
Is as much as bad as TLJ and I find amazing people still defend this piece of shit.

>Rogue One didn't shit so hard on the original characters as TFA did.
I don't understand the perspective that TFA "shit on" the original characters. Han acted as a teacher to Rey, and was treated as a bitter man who made mistakes he didn't own up for as he got older. That makes me sympathise with Han and like him more. Hell, they did more with him in this than they did in Return of the Jedi. He did absolutely nothing in that movie.

I like the idea of Rebels sacrificing themselves for a noble goal. But the plot is nonsense. None of the characters have personality. The political infighting of the Empire didn't end up serving a purpose thematically, especially because Krennic died without doing anything to throw a wrench in Tarkin's plans. And it's been established that AT-ATs are imprecise, scorched-earth attack vehicles that had no business being at one of their intelligence bases. It would be like putting cannons and tanks outside the Pentagon.

>That makes me sympathise with Han and like him more.
Are you for real?

youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
go to 39:09

TFA made Han a smuggler (again). Though the most egregious issue is making Han, Leia, and Luke responsible for literally making the new Darth Vader and unable to defeat the Empire despite doing so 30 years ago. Its like Return of the Jedi never happened and our old heroes are now incompetents just to make a new sequel.

>TFA made Han a smuggler (again)
Is nostalgia vs character progression.
And I still have to read from idiots defending this crap.

>it's been over 2 years and Sup Forums faggots still can't accept that their friend simulators enjoyed a movie more than they did

Yeah, Luke, Han, and Leia have made some mistakes and not everything was sunshine and roses after RotJ, but that they still fight on and do the right thing in the end makes their heroism all the more poignant imo

I'm sorry the sequel trilogy ruins your fantasies of living vicariously through star wars characters by making them fallible and human.

>Waffen-SS
What. You do realise that the original Empire were directly modeled after the Nazis, right?

>"HOL UP DO YOU HAS A BOYFRIEND"
You have a problem with a guy expressing curiosity about a woman he likes, or whether or not she's in a relationship? This type of romantic humour was heavily present in the original trilogy.

>a power fantasy unrelatable protagonists
All of the protagonists had flaws that made me - a normie from Tennessee - understand what they were going through. Finn was a bit of a coward who learned to stop running and fight evil. Rey was a lost and confused girl whose longing for her parents kept her in a shitty spot for her life, when she could have been out doing good things with her life instead; then she decides to move forward and ditch Jakku to help the friends and family she made. Poe is a little generic, but he's your straight man military character who you at the very least understand the motivations and morals of. And Han was given as much or more depth than he's ever had.

>shoddy worldbuilding
It's underwhelming because they don't do enough new things, but shoddy? The settlement of Jakku was interesting, and I felt like I understood the cold, apathetic culture of that place very well. Maz's Palace was nice because it's established by the flags that an enormous amount of people congregate to that place as something of a neutral ground. And the ways it tells a story about a generational gap is its own sort of worldbuilding, because it emphasises things that happened between "then" and "now" and tells us thing about the galaxy.

>caricature villains
Really? You're complaining about caricature villains in a Star Wars film? The closest thing we had to an outright caricature was Hux, and part of that is because they made him as extreme as possible. I like that character and the scene where he yells a lot, but it also makes me laugh because it's so overdone.

except literally the entire point of Han's arc in TFA is that he's a sad old man pretending to be something he's not because it allows him to more easily cope with failing his son, and at it's said many times that his true calling is fighting the good fight

Still wanting this stuff to continue rather than the story just ending at Return of the Jedi seems like someone wanting to live vicariously through Star Wars.

What's the problem with that?

I see it as him making a living the way he was actually skilled at after he left. He shouldn't have been wearing the same clothes, but I don't see the fundamental problem with a man doing what he's good at so he can make a living. And it's good what they did with Han fucking up with Ben. They did something very interesting with the idea of a parent failing his child and trying to make up for it. How is it like Return of the Jedi never happened? People say this a lot, and complain about character arcs being reversed or obliterated, but I don't really understand it. We understand why the characters are the way they are because of the way the story is told, and the context of what's happening with Kylo.

They ruined their characters to sell the new one, good goy.
And to deconstruct an heroic story under post-modern lenses. And you swallowed all of that like the cum you usually swallow in gallons.

Nah, the point is that they have to sell toys of the new characters so they have to destroy the old ones and what they represent.

OH THANK GOD WE HAVE YET ANOTHER RLM THREAD AND ALSO ANOTHER STAR WARS THREAD!

>What. You do realise that the original Empire were directly modeled after the Nazis, right?
The FO is even nazier, and yet a potentially interesting and supposedly indoctrinated trooper becomes le quippy negro after 10 minutes.
You literally just self-defeated your point.

I know how much Sup Forums loves its rlm threads

I mean, I would have been fine with the series ending with the OT, but if there HAS to be new movies I think it's a lot more honest that they're making it a point that these characters are old and tired and this is a meaningless war fought for no other reason than the expectation that the Star Wars have to continue

the sequel movies are pretty self-aware that they're sequels to a story that was conclusively finished and were only made to make money. The First Order and DJ make this pretty obvious

>a power fantasy unrelatable protagonists
I was meaning Rey. She has no struggle or obstacles like Luke does.
Finn is just a wasted potential.
Poe is cool, love him in TFA. Is destroyed and transformed in a child in TLJ.
>And Han was given as much or more depth than he's ever had.
This is absolutely ridiculous.
>It's underwhelming because they don't do enough new things, but shoddy?
I ask again, are you for real? is just the old stuff with some changes. Compare with the junkyard concepts for Jakku, as an example.

>TLJ literally ends with kids playing with homemade Luke action figures

????????

>I like that character and the scene where he yells a lot, but it also makes me laugh because it's so overdone.
This is because you are a tone deaf brainlet that needs to "laugh".
Compare Hux with Veers or Tarkin. Stories need good villains and the sequels have no compelling villains, this is an enormous problem.

>two redditors in a row
this board is going to hell

I seriously hope you are a disney shill. None is SO stupid.

>of Mike's complaints about Episode 7 was that Rey and Finn didn't make out

im not even surprised honestly

It's slightly more Nazi-like, but if you nix that scene with Hux it immediately follows suit. Also, it's never implied that Finn is fully "indoctrinated", so this notion that stormtroopers have no personality seems weird to me. They always small talked and seemed individualistic in some basic sense. The main thing with the First Order is that they have a rigid, fascist military. But if you really think that indoctrinated soldiers didn't join the Allies during WWII, then I have some bad news for you: there were a lot of people like Finn who helped or fled (or both) during the Nazi regime.

Thought the same thing. These are the most reddit posts I ever read in months.

>Makes a 270 minute documentary nitpicking tiny esoteric details about the prequels
>Recommends a sequel entirely composed of the main character pulling powers out of her ass and a contrived superweapon plot at the end

I'd be embarrassed too.

Possibly clueless shills. Notice the namefagging.
Is not a matter of no personality. Is assuming that someone indoctrinated by the FO (and Finn is sent to combat, so he finished the training) should be played more like a recovering nazi, not a quipping negro.
>I have some bad news for you: there were a lot of people like Finn who helped or fled (or both) during the Nazi regime.
I absolutely adore thiese fake knowledgeable guys.Of course there were anti-nazi germans.
But a stormtrooper is a waffen-SS. Is not a sympathizer taken from a random planet.

This was pretty much Lucas' idea, including Sam (Finn) as a turncoat trooper who rescues John Doe (Poe), except that Doe is a bounty hunter (and in some drafts, a Force user).

honestly i was expecting him to make an equally autistic rant on the force awakens

i was dissapointed when i saw him praising that piece of garbage and i realised he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about and is just a bandwaggoning faggot

The merit of characters isn't how "le badass" they are, and villains shouldn't be judged on whether or not you can use them as an escapist power fantasy. Hux is an interesting character in that he's a loser armchair General playing at being a Space Nazi to make up for the fact that he's a complete and total wimp, and what he lacks in actual physical threat he makes up for in pure fanaticism and bloodlust. Like, are we ignoring that his Nazi Power fantasy has been responsible for the deaths of probably hundreds of billions of people at this point, and the Resistance is completely decimated by the end of TLJ.

and let's be honest here, almost all of the Imperial officers in the OT are completely interchangable. Veers isn't an actual character, you like him because "hurr he won the battle of Hoth, so epic!!!". Piett is fine, he works for his role in the story, but he's not particularly complex. Jerrjerrod is so fucking generic I don't think anyone here would remember him if not for dubs.

The Last Jedi completely deifies Luke and makes it explicit in the ending is that the only reason the good guys stand a chance in hell is because they believe in Luke Skywalker. How did the ending not make that clear?

>I was meaning Rey. She has no struggle or obstacles like Luke does.
She struggles on her own for 20 years, which is very clearly established from the opening five minutes we spend with her. Luke was a sheltered farm boy who hated helping out at a moisture farm. Rey, on the other hand, has had to scrap parts for food and defend herself from thieves for years. It's not hard to see why she ended up being more powerful from an early age than Luke.

>Finn is just a wasted potential.
What.

>Poe is cool, love him in TFA. Is destroyed and transformed in a child in TLJ.
I don't disagree with you, but are we talking about TFA specifically or the sequels generally? Because TLJ fucked a lot of good things up.

>This is absolutely ridiculous.
How? He has a nice, but simple, character arc in the first two movies, and they did absolutely nothing with him in the third one. I'm not saying he had no depth in Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back, but he actually struggles emotionally throughout this movie and it feels like he doesn't know what to do.

>This is because you are a tone deaf brainlet that needs to "laugh".
This is some mighty big projection.

>Compare Hux with Veers or Tarkin. Stories need good villains and the sequels have no compelling villains, this is an enormous problem.
Hux was compelling until they turned him into comedy relief in TLJ. I'll re-iterate what my feelings on him in TFA were, since you're intent on assuming things about them: he's so ravenously bloodthirsty that I laugh incredulously at how evil he is. He's definitely a bit of a caricature, and I have never denied this, but he's also compelling because he feels like a legitimate threat. He's a psychopath in charge of a brutal military, and we're shown directly what he's capable of. Also, Veers has no character. He has a handful of lines and disappears from the movie. He was literally just there to give commands in an authoritative manner.

This regardless the fact that even if Finn is plausible somehow (is not), a recovering Nazi would have been one thousand times more INTERESTING.
Because this is what these characters are not. Being interesting.

>Is not a matter of no personality. Is assuming that someone indoctrinated by the FO (and Finn is sent to combat, so he finished the training) should be played more like a recovering nazi, not a quipping negro.
I actually liked TFA and I’ll admit, this is one of the small gripes I had with it. Fin should be acting like a weird Vietnam veteran, with some mental scarring and confusion about the world outside the military. Instead, he’s just a normal, upbeat dude. It would be like if an escapee from North Korea was acting all happy and quippy and well-adjusted as soon as he was across the DMZ.

>Is not a matter of no personality. Is assuming that someone indoctrinated by the FO (and Finn is sent to combat, so he finished the training) should be played more like a recovering nazi, not a quipping negro.
The film emphasises repeatedly that he's so afraid of the First Order that he wants to get as far away from them as possible. Him having a personality that makes him feel like a person (because, people still joke and show positive emotions when under stress, in case you didn't already know that) in no way conflicts with him being a runaway storm trooper.

>I absolutely adore thiese fake knowledgeable guys.Of course there were anti-nazi germans.
>But a stormtrooper is a waffen-SS. Is not a sympathizer taken from a random planet.
How does either of these statements refute my points about Finn being a soldier that decided the First Order were wrong?

>Fin should be acting like a weird Vietnam veteran, with some mental scarring and confusion about the world outside the military. Instead, he’s just a normal, upbeat dude. It would be like if an escapee from North Korea was acting all happy and quippy and well-adjusted as soon as he was across the DMZ.
He's only seen battle up close once in his life. He's not, like, a person who was tortured or subject to war for years and years, battle after battle. I think it's probable that he's a relatively normal guy because he decided to ditch the First Order after that first battle.

If I were being fair, I would say that his tastes have evolved to the point where he can overlook flaws in a dumb action movie. Of course, it's a pretty braindead thing to do when your claim to fame is pointing out minor flaws in Star Wars movies.