Why is this series so damn good

Why is this series so damn good

Really how so

it's a shill thread

Duggan is a good writer, and he's really moved it away from Bendis. Also he's setting up for a good ass slow burn

I dunno, why not storytime so far?

I did not like it, I miss asshole star lord not memelord.

Eh. It's not bad. I really don't like the "we're broke and need money" angle of the comic. Is that their thing now? Go from protecting the galaxy from threats to being mercenaries to survive?

Second

Because Hulk, antman, shehulkm, mokujin and badgerman are badass combination

4u

If you're going to shill Duggan, at least drop some free codes like you did on Reddit.

Because fucking Galactus getaway car.

As far as comics go, this one is smartly written. It's obviously been retooled to match the movies, however the person writing it is clearly familiar with the older canon, like Drax being a saxophone player.

The art is colorful and the jokes and sight-gags are plentiful.

I hate how the series has moved into emulating the movies. And I don't mean with baby Groot, I have no problem with that part of it. I hate how they're mercenaries and that Drax is the same level of intellect that he is in the films. Compare Drax in Annihilation to Drax here and it's two completely different characters.

There was a tiny part of the marketing/hype for this series that made it sound like it was going to get back to basics, wallpapering over the damage Bendis did and even continuing left over story threads like the Talons. But so far that's not happening. Hell, the writing in issue 2 is pretty inconsistent, with Quill freaking out that Gamora butchered a bunch of people that lucky turned out to be robots one minute and then congratulating Drax on killing someone the next.

thank you mr shill

The only good GOTG series was the one by Valentino.

I liked the fucking comic you cunt. What do you want me to say?

Marvel has gone to shit and cancelled just about everything I read from them like Nova and Moon Knight. This one remains really good. It's nice to have a little levity in my life.

I want you to shut. the fuck. up

Sorry I've been out of the loop lately but marvel actually cancelled moon knight wtf

Lemire was quitting anyway.

If you've got nothing to contribute but bad opinions, I'll keep chiming in.

All things considered, this comic is done in good faith and with creative integrity. Yes, it's glorified viral marketing for the movie, and it represents the "corporate synergy" creep that has worked to suffocate or damage a lot of Marvel's other comics. But this one is fun.

I wipe my ass with your posts

you wipe with my posts because my posts are clean and strong, and you have an ass full of shit

>That costume

Is Star Lord back or are we still stuck with memelord? How's the art? I dont really like the guy who did that cover art.

No, because your posts are only good for wiping my ass

Just kiss already!

>10 minutes later
A retort should be done between minute to work.

Ha ha, how original.

Both kill yourselves faggots

I'd rather kiss (you)

Better pucker up then.

It's saturday, I'm ready the whole morning

Thx user

I always thought that it was a sharp dick with ballsack. It took me a while to understand that this is supposed to be heart

I never claimed to be smart

Pre-OOGA CHAKA GotG is gone forever. Get used to it. Now Memelord is in varying degrees of memeness which is directly proportional to his love of 80s nostalgia.

Thanks based user

>Compare Drax in Annihilation to Drax here and it's two completely different characters.

Compare Infiniry Watch Drax to Annihilation Drax and they're two completely different characters.

I'm so tired of you Annihilation casuals thinking the modern saga is the end-all be-all to Cosmic.

>smartly written
>every character acts like they came out of the movie

It's kind of like music. Where everybody thinks their era of music is the best and the newest stuff is shit.

But let's be honest, the movies ruined this franchise.

The difference is that one had organic growth and yes, changed across series, and the other got turned into the movie version just because.

God forbid someone wants the "Guardians of the Galaxy" to... guard the galaxy.

>organic growth
>Drax literally goes from a retard to budget Kratos in a single issue
m8

It was more Vincent Diesel.

I think double shipping defeats the point of a slow burn story, but I'm liking the run so far.

>But let's be honest, the movies ruined this franchise.

GOTG consisted of two cult runs, one of which didn't even make it to 30 issues. Without the movie GOTG would have died again and not been touched for another ten years minimum before someone else stepped up to reinvent it yet again.

The movies MADE GOTG a franchise.

He's not wrong

Yeah, it's pretty good. Thank god I have no attachment to these characters, I understand they've been changed thoroughly to fit the MCU and I don't care.

Posting the FCBD issue, which comes before issue #1.

>steal something because they're told they're securing a dangerous weapon
>get blackmailed into stealing again

At least Duggan has a reason for it.