If for some bizarre fucking reason, despite decent common sense and logic...

If for some bizarre fucking reason, despite decent common sense and logic, Craig McCracken went to work on the 2016 Power Puff Girls cartoon in the same position he had on the original cartoon, could he salvage it or even with him on board would it be a lost cause?

Other urls found in this thread:

lemonteaflower.tumblr.com/
lemonteaflower.tumblr.com/post/161097454670/alright
storify.com/creatrixtiara/emily-brundige-s-apology-re-the
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=@TheDragoEffect&src=typd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lost cause
Even with someone of his experience at the helm, the rest of the staff is nothing but amateurs and hacks.

His higher-ups would do whatever they could to fuck him over, so no. The show would improve, but it would still be below average at best.

I think it can be saved, but I would rather have him get into another project than doing PPG again.

The fucking producer self insert as Blossom crush and dosen't even hide the fact that he was in love with her as a kid, why is this allowed?

Also a good point.

Why should he waste his time on a show that's gone bad twice?

You have to commit suicide twice to find out that it's a bad idea.

The biggest reason why nuPPG is failing is because the people working on it have no actual skill at their disposal. It already failed in even resemble The Powerpuff Girls, from the artstyle, to the pacing, to the sounds, to the episode setups, hell even the actual PPG characters don't look like PPG characters.
This fucking show isn't made by people who care, it's made by people who are getting paid to keep CN's old IP in use so it won't be taken away from them.

Powerpuff fanfiction told better stories and had a better sense of the characters involved

Well, going under the assumption that he's the director, I think it could probably be salvaged. McCracken has never been a stranger to working creatively with....'liberal' budgets and he knows the characters far better. The likelihood of the current flanderization would be low, as would the likelihood of this uninspired art direction.

That said, I don't know why he would. He's said before that he's comfortable with where the original ended.

>Sup Forums hates new ppg
>new ppg threads almost every day

I wish they'd just get people who do care to make a giant CN crossover FusionFall fucking show so we wouldn't get this pain in the ass shit.

I will say I only made this thread BECAUSE of all the new threads Ive been seeing.

What's going on here? They both look deeply uncomfortable.

You can talk about something you hate just as much as you can something you like. Both directions make for good conversation. It's something in the middle that we never have threads about.

Unpopular opinion, but for myself, the biggest problem I have are the ridiculous and terrible references, which I always hope would stop but they never do. Also, were the powerpuff girls always so disobedient towards the professor? Nearly every episode seems to be the prof saying no to something, only for the girls to do it anyways. I could swear that they weren't this disobedient back then. As for the unpopular part, I don't mind being called blind cause I really don't notice the animation errors most of the time. Mojo lease was the only one I have actually caught on tv so far.

Its important to recognize why something is bad so you can notice it again if it ever happens in another show you like. Also, you can always hold out hope that they start to learn from their mistakes and get better, its happened before.

because this board is fueled by HATE.

This is why I love it here.

it's easier to talk about something bad than good, especially if you make fun of it(there's a reason why Mystery Science Theater 3000 & Rifftrax are so popular, most of the movies they mock are flawed at best, abominations at the worst)

Didn't he tweet something the other day about pitching a new show to Disney, I wonder if anything will come out of that

There is such a large concentration of insane people that work on cartoons that the networks don't really have the luxury of being selective on who they hire.

Let the SJWs on Tumblr and Twitter know about Jake Goldman's creepy self-insert and they'll soon campaign to get him fired.

I'm really curious whether his radical feminist friend Haley Mancini will defend him or throw him under the bus.

I'm surprised she's storyboarded on all his episodes. How has she not said anything? Are they fucking? Do they roleplay as Blossom and (((Shapiro)))?

He literally fuck the fictional daughter of Craig McCarcken and Lauren Faust

Lauren had nothing to do with the creation of any of the girls.

I wonder what Craig thinks of this.

Someone desperately needs to livestream the episodes with that boarder. I have a feeling Sup Forums's reaction will be golden.

Reminder to all

there were several months where it was rarely brought up and largely ignored here. Even TTGo had a few hits every dozen misses. it's only now that it's getting threads again.

This made my day.
>You will never be as close to your waifu as this guy
This guy is living the dream.

Sup Forums as a site in general is fueled by hate, Sup Forums is no exception.

at least its not their actual daughter. Btw Man I was late, late, late to that particular news, glad she's finally a mom now. Didnt they have a miscarriage years ago?

"a team is only as good as it's worst member"

Nice revisionist history
I remember that as episodes came out, around episode 6 or 7, the talkback threads were dead

It got so bad that Sup Forums mostly stopped caring until the reboot would do something that would be considered as stooping to a new low. What this guy says is the truth.

Paul Dini LITERALLY married his waifu.

>glad she's finally a mom now
is this just a woman thing? why not be happy for craig too? geez

No one get in the way of the chosen people. Haley Mancini has to accept Goldman's pedo fantasies or she'll never work again

It's more important for women than for men, at least on average. It's the woman whom will carry the baby for 9 months and she'll feed him/her after the birth.

I thought that was obvious when I said it user.

also what said

Well, hate is what gives an user his power. It's an autistic field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the board together

>Also, were the powerpuff girls always so disobedient towards the professor?

Most of the time, no, and often when they were it was only one of them or so. They were for the most part well behaved and obedient, and even destroyed the city once because the professor said they would be grounded if they didn't use some WMD or something.

They were created to be the perfect little girls, after all

>WMD

It's pronounced Dy.Na.Mo.

Right so how many threads are we gonna have on this creep?

until we milk the lolcow dry

>has to accept Goldman's pedo fantasies or she'll never work again

You have no idea how true of a statement this can be

My fuckin god dude.

>Tumblr is kicking up a shitstorm over one of the Villainous storyboarders drawing a little loli and shota stuff
>meanwhile, they don't give a single shit about this

not even close to grape-kun

Gib me link to the loli

Link? Clarify what you're on about.

That shit is so infuriating. Judging by what the storyboarder herself explained, she's literally done nothing wrong.

Which storyboard artist?

Oh, LemonTea didn't draw loli or shota. She drew child characters aged up, which Tumblr considers CP.

lmao this is gold, the crew really give zero fucks about this show

Link?

I'll bet you this whole thing started as an in-joke with the crew. Jake was likely being a creep about Blossom while working, and the crew members probably saw it as a joke, instead of him genuinely having a creepy obsession.
Then everyone probably jokingly encouraged him to write an episode where he confesses love to her. He did, and then he took things too far and there's nothing they can do about it.

Yeah but a miscarriage can be just as devastating to the man.
My husband experienced one with one of his exes. They didn't want a baby but he was still fucked up over it happening, especially because he was there for it. Obviously not as much as for the woman since your own body is turning against you in those moments, but it's still just as devastating, especially if you were trying for that baby.
lemonteaflower.tumblr.com/ First post from the horse's mouth

tldr:
>When she was 17 she drew her 17 year old characters in NSFW situations
>When she turned 18 someone told her it was creepy so she took them down and stopped doing it
>the end

Not him but i found it
lemonteaflower.tumblr.com/post/161097454670/alright

Dumb nigga lol

You have too much faith in anyone who works on this show, user

They tried sinking the show over the whole "transgender" unicorn episode and it didn't work.

Wow... That's a boring story. People will really get riled up over nothing.

Dude there hasn't been a thread on this shit for months. There just happens to be two in a row lately. That's not 'every day', you absolute sperg.

Transgender unicorn?

What
Honestly both threads up right now are talking about the same as in the OP but in OP's defense, they did try to start a general self-insert thread, it just kinda divulged into a PPG thread because the self insert OP gave us is so disgusting.

It's an ep about a pony that didn't have a horn wanting to get surgery so he could be a unicorn.

Okay, so I'm a bit confused:
So Jake Goldman inserted himself into the show (yesterday? 2 days ago?), made Blossom his love interest, was successful in doing so, community is cringing hard.
That about sum it up, or is there more to the story I'm missing?

....How the fuck is that transgender though? Just tumblr reaching or was it done in a way that made it obvious that's what they were going for?

Not sure on when but he's also behind the twerking episode and wants to fuck a kindergartener (Blossom) so people are pretty fucked up over it.

From what i can tell from other comments it's not just one episode.

>Just tumblr reaching or was it done in a way that made it obvious that's what they were going for?
One of the show writers (not the one who wrote that exact episode though) was the one who called it subtext for being transgendered, not tumblr.

The episode was never written to be an allegory to transgenders. CN executive producer Nick Jennings tried to score brownie points by saying it was about transgenders and got the writer of the episode in trouble.

storify.com/creatrixtiara/emily-brundige-s-apology-re-the

So wait, this isn't the first episode that the self-insert character has been in?

It turns out he's not the one who made the character, other crew members did as a 'joke'

At least that's the official response

Source?

I find that hard to believe since Jake himself voiced the character.

IT'S SPREADING LIKE AIDS
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=@TheDragoEffect&src=typd

So didn't this episode air May 1? Why are people only now reacting to it? Did it just take a while for word to get out or something? What spurred this?

nobody watches this show

much like Community getting its' creator back and blaming the weird season as being because of a gas leak, they would probably have to explain why there would be a dramatic shift in quality.

Please note that tumblr is getting all pissy over her drawing this stuff when she was 17.

It's tumblr. They love to attack people over stupid bullshit in the name of 'justice'

>tfw you just wanted to talk about how lazy it was that nu-PPG uses stock image background
>tfw it all devolved into a witch hunt

nah, they didn't. only retarded sjws got upset, and only other retarded sjws get angry over that shit. tumblr praised that shit and shared the episode.

I'm sure if you relased proof that it's his self insert tumblr would lose thier shit, they're hyper sensitive about pedophilia

I still can't believe this.

Pedophilia that usually isn't even pedophilia, mind you. They don't consider things legal even if in the character's homeland, they're legal. As long as they aren't legal in the US, it's pedophilia.

>expecting Sup Forums to not blow things way out of proportion and shitpost everything to oblivion

>dat face
>(((goldman)))
the merchant strikes again

>We may finally have a chance to get nu-PPG cancelled
You wanted this to happen user.
We all did.

u-um, yes

Add in this pic the twerk episode that was also his story.

My sides!

Is that Jared or his creator, Jake "8 years old is too late" Goldman

>this guy is likely going to have his life screwed over due to all of the sensitive shits tweeting it like crazy

Kind of a shame.

Love and hate, two strong emotions, two sides of the same coin.
The only things that don't generate threads are the ones that are moderately adequate.

Post to his twitter

Jesus Christ.

I feel a bit sorry for him too but hey, in his place I would've said "Let's not do that, it's kind of creepy"