Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMiuj2GBXfc
youtube.com/watch?v=CaKl7o_yy4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

never heard of it

>muh emotions
Fucking soyboys

um honey darling

More retarded shit has happened in Star Wars. Get over it.

I don't know how to feel about it. Bare minimum i would like to have been shown that she practiced with the force before just using some levitation skill that nobody in any of the films as been good enough to use before. Apparently all the best events and interesting stories happened in the time gap between 6 and 7.

Imagine if this was the real scene.

>it felt right
women everyone.

thing is, it would have been way better that she used her force powers to save the crew or something, not to save herself in a pompous way, thats just ridiculous and very selfish.

like what?

Would have been a better send off desu. These are just fan fiction movies anyhow.

I get that it makes sense that she can use the force, but it was done just so poorly. Like what this user said

Reminder: she felt that Kylo was about to blow her way, but didn't tell anyone in the bridge to gtfo

>when you hear stories of a parent whose toddler is caught under a car they get superhuman strength

My mom brings this shit up sometimes. It resonates with maternal instincts, or shedding the vulnerableness of being a woman when called to action.

The reason it doesn't fit in star wars is heroism doesn't arise out of desperate circumstances and then disappear when it's over. Heroism is the normal state of star wars. Because that's what resonates with men.

Imagine if luke was a coward until his friends were tortured at cloud city. Fuck that.

I'd hate it but you could bullshit it in a way

Like Leia became this force Valkyrie or some shit

Would it have been so hard to show the characters learning their unusual skills before using them in a dozen deus ex machina situations? These TLJ creators need to take a minute and go watch Kung Fu Panda 2.

>Rian trying to throw Kathleen under the bus
take him down with you kathleen~

God I can't wait for hd rips of all these scenes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH NONONONO

mee-sa a writer now!

Why not just have Leia communicate through the force that she was still alive and needed rescue?

Space Leia is fine, it's the angle and execution that was bad.

it was literally the coolest part of the movie. actually showed the force being used in a properly alien way.

I'm sure they wanted to make her a super jedi

nothing cool about a flying hillary clinton.

youtube.com/watch?v=jMiuj2GBXfc

>I don't know how to feel about it.
How about the fact that they didn't give a shit about what looked good on screen?

Like I said, if she didn't die, she would be the new Yoda for the Um Sweetie Order with Rey as top master. My take is that "If Leia flies into space and Luke dies like a fag after a couple Force push-ups, that'll show them who's boss". Except Carrie died because the toll of shooting the fucking movie was too much, so they had to rewrite everything, but still killed Luke because fuck you.

You mean like when Luke tears a Star Destroyer to pieces with the force in the EU? Thing is, Luke knew how to use it, and what she did equals Sith Lord level of Force usage.

So it's not all Rian Johnson's fault?

the original article was posted over 8 months ago

If a guy agrees to open relationship it's the woman's fault for being a whore or the guy's fault for being a cuck? Don't really answer this, it's rhetorical.

Carrie Fisher should have died before TFA was filming. She's a shitty actress. She sounded and looked scary in TFA. I haven't watched TLJ since I am not a fucking idiot. But I can tell from the evil looking webm of her flying like Zod that she should've died.

It's for episode 9 when carrie was alive baka

Kathleen outranks Rian, though. If he called it retarded then he would have been fired for being a shitlord.

You're still talking about it like you want them to box office another billion.

B-b-but I thought these were writer driven movies not producer driven movies and that's why they're so much better than the MCU

But that would have prevented le ebin twist. Same with Luke. Johnson could have let us in on Luke only astrally projecting. And he could have showed increasing strain on Luke's face as he was doing so.
But they went for surprise after surprise. Who woulda thought this makes a movie bad, huh.

maybe

>talking about a film being shit means it's going to make money
Are you retarded? I bet you were one of the retards who thought Ghostbusters 2016 was going to be a smash hit because of the same thing.

He legitimately, as in in real life, job aside, thinks what she does is right.

>Survived in the vacuum of space
If somebody with almost no force training could do this shit it makes snoke seem like even more a joke. If that were possible at least.

she clearly wanted those wonder woman shekels

>Space Leia is fine
explain

This. The guy is eating her shit and same thing is going to happen to him as what happened to Marc Webb when the feminist producer pulling HIS strings dumped him.

no wonder the movie fucking sucked more than rians typical crap

Soyboy Johnson could've given Kathleen Kennedy a badass Leia. He could've had Leia kick ass while giving us Star WARS. He could've given badass Leia without cucking Luke. It would've been forced but he could've given super Leia without TLJ being an abomination.

Except Luke was concentrating you stupid bitch, it wasn't an instinct, he had to calm the fuck down and focus. It took weeks of training with Yoda for him to move some rocks, I can't believe this bitch has already ruined George's universe in 3 years.

I hate to beat the same drum twice but no she just thought the same way Amy Pascal did about Ghostbusters. That she could use a popular established brand to shill feminist girl power bullshit. But it only worked for 2 shitty films, now people are beginning to call a spade a spade and no amount of shill articles is gonna change that

A lot of people are too dimwitted to understand the prequels, but it takes an extreme case of stupidity to misunderstand the OT like Kathleen Kennedy has.

>Luke trained for 50 years.
>Leia just does it without practice.
Yoda trained the wrong twin.

scene was so awkward in the theater. way too much at once.

The force IS female.

I want this woman to die, unironically

>Leia was to have even larger role in episode IX
I'm astonished they even had it written or planned. Didn't know what know what was happening with Episode 8 until they started writing it?

Everyone does, user. Hopefully she gets shitcanned, but I doubt it. She'll drive the franchise into the ground to shill her politics if need be. It's what they did to comics.

Except it was completely stupid and illogical. How did she not die in space? How did they airlock when she opens the door? It was such a cop out and it looked retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=CaKl7o_yy4Q

>In the EU, Leia trains to be a jedi
>uses the force just like Luke
>Disney buys the rights
>EU no longer canon
>misogynists cry like little snowflakes because EU no longer canon
>then cry like little snowflakes because Leia uses the force.

YASS

THE FORCE IS ME-uh. FEMALE

JUST

Yeah but Luke actually trains her to use the Force and she's a proper Jedi under him. This whole anyone can use the Force without training shit is retarded. There's a difference between the Force working through people like Luke making a difficult shot at the end of ANH and flying through the fucking vacuum of space

Who is going to buy these?

its more like the scene is kind of shitty and makes no sense.

A topless speculation isn't an argument. I've already disproven your ramification based simplification. Give me something else.

>film doesn't show or tell you leia has been training
>just pull this shit out of nowhere
very astute comparison my dude

Her pulling out a gun and shooting someone Solo-style is much more Leia than a bunch of force nonsense.

OF COURSE THEY MADE THAT SCENE FOR SELLING TOYS
WHY WOULDNT THEY

I'm Mary Poppins y'all!

UP UP UP UP UPVOTE MARVEL STYLE

>levitation skill
why is everyone pretending to be stupid? why are you all pretending like she was flying? she was floating in fucking SPACE and force pulled herself to the ship. thats the most basic of basic powers and not in any way bullshit or weird. the scene was really fucking shitty, yes, but not because she used the force

I'm not going to give the guy that wrote Looper the benefit of the doubt

Beautiful... I hope someone cuts this into the movie and then right into the ending fanfare.

noun noun: flight an act of flying; a journey made through the air or in space

Literally Who Johnson having hardly any experience was hired because he would do whatever (((THEY))) wanted.
So it wasn't all his fault and he got a 3 movie deal out of it as compensation for being a puppet.

Rian JohnsonVerified account
@rianjohnson
Follow Follow @rianjohnson
More
When there’s a big movie I want to see I’ll usually wait till the third weekend. The energy’s just right by weekend 3. Gentle knowing nod to my fellow third weekenders.

At least this has propelled the rock to new LITTY heights

>source needed

Women need to look strong in all circumstances, plot be damned.

Just one of those idiots that pretends to know shit about the extended universe.

If they had thrown in one sentence earlier in the film where she mentioned training or she mentioned practicing, it would have made the scene more believable.

flying is the act of moving through AIR buddy. not space. example, space ships dont fly in space. besides, even if she was technically flying, which she wasnt, its still not some impossible new power. its like being under water and pulling yourself to a ship hatch (or pulling the hatch to you, resulting in you moving towards the heavier object)

are we pretending Looper is bad now? you sad little dorks will flip flop endlessly in order to suit your outrage and agendas

Did you think everyone was joking when they said they were going to kill off literally all the white males and replace them with super strong invincible white women?

Whoever decided ftl missiles is at fault, also the character assassination of Luke and First Order.

wish these cunts would kill themselves before they kill our hobbies

its been THIRTY YEARS nigga. leia being able to use the force needs to explanation in the fucking least. no im not defending the movie, this is just something extremely stupid to bitch about. people like you are why theres signs telling the audience about the silence during the crash scene

yeah dude, why isn't this movie about space wizards scientifically accurate?

>film doesn't explicitly show her being trained
>therefore she has no training

Oh I'm sorry, user, I didn't know you were five years old and needed your hand held.

>space ships dont fly in space
Then why do they call it space flight?

it's the jew's fault for creating such an environment

>You’ve watched other people take over franchises you’ve made. How often are you asked to do that? Has Kathleen Kennedy offered you a Star Wars movie?
No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.

>Why is that?
Because I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.] I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself. When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?
-Ridley Scott

If DC pulled this everyone would shit on them

shooting laser gun and goes back to ship
kek

>Major plotpoint has no basis on anything observable
>par for the course in a movie where the ruling galaxy-wide government gets toppled by a wannabe Sith Lord entirely offscreen
Clearly a movie for four year olds

It's really not such an outrageous thing for a force user to do.

>youtube video of a youtube video
uh ok

>force pulled herself to the ship
I thought she was just giving herself a little push, which wouldn't require much Force at all. It would have been all she needed to gain momentum considering there is no friction or gravity in space to stop you. Leia is Force sensitive so I don't think the scene is a stretch. I never assumed she was flying, which you wouldn't have to do in space. Are astronauts "flying" when they're doing space-walks? No. They float. Force pulling seems a little more intermediate, but a slight push is completely reasonable.

stay mad, queer. go bitch about something thats actually stupid