Is this actually funny or is it just a meme

is this actually funny or is it just a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0
youtube.com/watch?v=BJqWtHNjXHs
youtube.com/watch?v=qchNZsd9zBk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's funny. I'd say you should just watch an episode and decide for yourself but a lot of the best jokes in it are self-referential so you need to get in the groove of it for it to be really good. That being said almost all the jokes that are about Iraq, Saddam, or the real estate market crash come off a little dated.

I thought the first 3 seasons were pretty good, but the 4th felt like Reddit-bait garbage

the stuff not made by netflix is great

This

it gets good after the tenth rewatch.

What ever you do,never watch and decide for yourself.

>it aint easy being white

>first 3
S1 and S2 were great, S3 was a disaster, they knew they were getting canceled anyway, S4 shouldn't have happened.

Agreed

It gets better after a few rewatches. They went too far with the self-referencial humor. I hear the 22 episode alternate edit is much better

All four seasons are really good don't listen to the people who say the fourth is bad it has some of the best moments in the whole show

Gob was best chicken

WAIT.
There's a fourth season?

First 2 seasons had a plot, which gets destroyed in S3 and S4 could've been a completely different show because it literally has nothing related to what the show was supposed to be about

S1 and S2 are kino, S3 isn't. S4 comes off as weird since every episode is just the same series of events from different perspectives, so you need to watch all of it to know what's happened

Season 1 and 2 are pure gold, 3 isn't as fleshed out but is still funny, the self referential digs at why the show was failing are great.
4th season falls flat, it takes it's time to set up the bigger self referential jokes as do the other seasons but because in the break between 3 and 4 a lot of the actors started getting larger roles, they could hardly get everyone on set at the same time, so it's missing out on the interplay between all the characters which was the other major part to Arrested Development comedy.

First 3 seasons were funny, that last season was a clusterfuck though holy shit

>it ain't easy being brown

>all this pressure to be bright

>I got children all over town

No. It's a terrible cashgrab.

And by the way nothing actually happens, Michael doesn't make the movie, George Michael doesn't bone his not cousin, George Sr. doesn't build the wall, and cinco de cuatro is not that funny anyway

4th season wasn't that bad, the GOB episodes were comedykino.

The running gags are funny, but that may be because the writers are good at bringing them in unexpectedly

Best minor roll

God tier television, cept season 4 from netflix. I must say though that season 5 seems to be shaping up to be pretty good, since Betflix said that they can go back to the original formula for how they filmed the first 3 god tier seasons so yeah good shit.

Asian-American here. Any time I feel like I'm becoming culturally white I remember how unfunny Seinfeld and Arrested Development are.

You deserve to be thrown in an internment camp for that statement.

What does "Reddit bait" mean?

Annyong?

Annyong!

Go see a Star War

daddy needs to get his rocks off

Gene Parmesan, how you doing?

>S3
>Not kino
all the whole retarded thing was full kino as fuck

>Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken
best scene in the show
youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0

That it had a bunch of lines, concepts and ideas to directly appeal to the Reddit audience. I thought it was pretty self explanatory

i couldn't even watch season 4, the first few episodes made me wince with cringe so i abandoned the series

>it's a buster episode

Why don't you go away go away. get away get away. You're Hopelessly Hopeless!

C'mon, Baby Buster is all right.

Yeah, like the guy in the 4000$ suit is going to respond to your shitty thread...C'mooon

As you can see I'm ready for a lot that's new

Go to bed Lucille 2

>stories got so convoluted the narrator has to explain everything and basically has more lines than any character in the episode with even more flashforwards episode

youtube.com/watch?v=BJqWtHNjXHs

>mfw we almost see George Michael's chicken dance in season 4

S5 never because everyone are too oversensitive about the wall thing

>well let's hope it doesn't come to that

>tfw name my WoW guild after Hero Squad

Anyone seen this flick?

her?

>Mayonegg

S4 has more cringe and almost no funny. I was a big fan and couldn't stomach the first Tobias episode.

Name on funny Asian. Literally every.

>ywn fuck prime lindsay

MmmmmMaeby

hotter than the cousin desu

Surely was best Fünke twin

she has an absurdly hairy minge, taint, and stinkstar

Best Bluth twin? Nichael

the tobias episode really showed how bad s4 was. the comedy was more about slapstick humor instead of creative writing

Is there a little girl here all by herself?

Turning Tobias into an accidental registered sex offender was great.

>I hear the 22 episode alternate edit is much better

Hes a discipline daddy

>he didn't see it coming

Just switch your brain on user

>If I may take off my acting pants for a moment and pull my analrapist stocking over my head…
>I’m sure wherever your father is right now, she loves you very, very much

Well...

hell yes especially knowing that the shitty Fantastic Four gag finally end

moar?

>Give me something that says "Dad likes leather!"

A special treat for PopPop?

>WHAT HAVE I ALWAYS TOLD YOU MICHAEL?
>THERES ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!
>No touching

>Daddy needs to get his rocks off

I found it consistently amusing. Didnt crack many LOLs but it was endearing and quirky.

Show, don't tell.

I remember the episode when he was in the wheelchair because of his hair plugs or something. George Michael starting to gently comb his hair and he started screaming.

Truly do not get the "season 4 is bad" meme. I loved it. Especially because they could have gone the easy route a leaned on old gags, but they basically set up new iconic gags for each character.

>Method One Clinic
>George Michael being Overtly Sexual
>Everything to do with the Gothic Asshole youtube.com/watch?v=qchNZsd9zBk
>Getaway

and so on. Might be my favorite season because I'm a contrarian fuck and I love to defend it.

S3 was shit for the first few episodes until they started making fun of themselves for the shit that they did in 3 to try to stay on air, after which it got good again.
4 is shit though, I think everyone can agree on that

original seasons are legit classics and have ultra high rewatchability. but they are also old as fuck now so not going to be quite as funny. 10/10 classic.

do not watch the netflix season. burn the netflix season.

I did not like season 4 due to the cast of characters being split up and given independent episodes, I know this was due to everybody having different commitments to other things but some of the characters aren't funny enough to carry episodes by themselves, the episodes centered on Maeby or Lindsay were just a chore to sit through and unfortunatley so were George Bluth Sr's who in every other season is fantastic.

is that the pet sounds font?

I think it was mainly the way it was written, making other characters that weren't Michael the main character for an episode or two. Some of the jokes are good, but others drag on way too fucking long, like the whole Fantastic Four thing or anything to do with Rebel Alley and Ron Howard.

I just recently watched it after never watching it because people said it was shit, but I thought it was alright.

It was a barber not George Michael