Previously -

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/philsandifer
youtube.com/watch?v=njUYo-bx9yk
gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254030
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is now a Cyberman thread.

What made David stop RTD for letting J.K. Write doctor who

>You will never have a Dalek suit with a kick-ass flame paint job.

He must have realized how shit she is

why do people hate jodies outfit? its fucking GOAT

it's the first time a nuwho doctor outfit has been a "costume" rather than a regular clothes outfit, so probably something to do with that

Pearl Mackie is going to be on the series premiere of Room 101 on Friday the 12th with Charlie Brooker and Scarlett Moffatt

in addition to that, the Moffucker himself is gonna be on the show in the coming weeks with Jimmy Carr and Rochelle Humes a.k.a. that one from S Club 8 and The Saturdays

What are some good books about the show

Apparently people think the stripe is supposed to be a gay rainbow (rather than a nod to Tom's scarf pattern)

from first glance I misread that as "what are some good boks about the show" and it made me miss Chicky

The Writer's Tale and Script Doctor by Cartmel

it obviously isnt a pride flag, they intentionally put a hue on it because they knew they'd be taking a stance if it was just solid rainbow colours (solid rainbow looks gross as fuck anyways, dont know why the gays like it so much)

What is it even supposed to look like other than "quirky"?

Thing I only dislike is pants

But you can't see them under her trousers :^)

The rainbow strip drives me into uncontrollable rage.

But the whole outfit is pants, HEYO.

t. cletus

The TARDIS Eruoditorium books, The Writer's Tale, the Doctor handbooks

bok

because RTDplebs think 9 and 10s generic boring costumes are what the doctor is supposed to be.

9's whole aesthetic was great, less keen on Tennant's, but the real style victim is Smith - the whole "[insert accessory] is cool" routine hasn't aged well at all.

patreon.com/philsandifer

Thoughts?

>if RTD did it it's bad, look how patrician I am

Getting pretty close to $350

Jack > Phil

Wow, I've never seen anyone think that. I can't stand Jack.

everything rtd did was bad

Jack < all

>be doctor who watcher.
>see remembrance of the daleks
>see them finally conquer stairs
>see them then have a glaringly more painful flaw drawn upon them:completely defenseless to melee attacks
>no one bats an eye
>grow up and be the moff
>have missy troll the little shits with death by tiny cuts
>set precedent that all a writer has to do is give someone a material to beat up a dalek and you can beat up a dalek
>put flaw in plain sight and no one complains despite it being the biggest retcon of dalek mythology since the time war
>everyone still expects them to be the most powerful villain in doctor who
>to this day you fucks are still arguing about gender instead.
>mfw

Any particular reason? I appreciate his obsession with Gothic monsters, and the way he sometimes gets visibly furious about something in the show (like the whole Victory Churchill portrayal) spawning entire essays. Plus the Shabcast is comfy (as overused as that word's gotten). Phil's ok too, but his tendency to get in elaborate twitter fights with weird far-right figures gets old after a while, plus he hasn't written an actual Eruditorum entry in ages

She's missing something more comfy like a vest or a sweater. She's gonna freeze in winter shoots.

What exactly the rotten Daleks could do against hermetically sealed Daleks anyway?

Don't they get inside the casing, presumably to drown/strangle the actual mutant?

But how'd they managed it?

I mean, there's one Dalek who got poked with a stick, but what about the rest?

Unfortunately, even Moffat doesn’t have a perfect record, as demonstrated by this bit of dialogue from The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe:

>DOCTOR: She’s strong? She’s strong? (realizes) Stupid me! Stupid old Doctor! Do you get it, Cyril?
>CYRIL: No.
>DOCTOR: Lily, you do, don’t you?
>LILY: No.
>DOCTOR: Course you do! Think about it! Weak and strong, it’s a translation. Translated from the base code of nature itself. You and I, Cyril, we’re weak. But SHE’S female. More than female. She’s Mum. How else does life ever travel? The MOTHER ship!

The implications of this dialogue come dangerously close to saying that ‘women are strong because they can give birth’. Which is a bit of a problem as trans women, as current medical technology stands, cannot. Neither can the infertile. This is not transphobic, though it is cissexist. I’m inclined to think of it as being unconsciously so, and that this results from shoddily trying to shoehorn a feminist and an environmental aesop into the same episode, resulting in neither being adequately resolved. Indeed, the exploration of Amy Pond’s infertility in Asylum of the Daleks (whether you think it’s adequately explored or not) can be viewed as Moffat realising the problem with the message given in the previous episode.

whats this from?

I find his attitude and writing style grating and sanctimonious (and it isn't a case of me hating his politics or anything), and his pet interests don't line up with mine as much as Phil's do. I find his approach kind of unfocused too, whereas Phil's I can always situate easier. To be fair, I've read a lot more of Phil's, so that's probably why, but Jack's stuff doesn't really appeal to me so it's a self-perpetuating cycle.
I like seeing someone done appreciate Jack more though, really seeing any discussion of the site beyond the standard Phil memes is interesting.

nice edit

I don't mean to be that guy, but does anyone have a link to a stream for Twice Upon a Time?

>The implications of this dialogue come dangerously close to saying that ‘women are strong because they can give birth’.
Isn't that exactly what it's saying?

>MADGE/QUEEN: She is strong.

think about it in the context of the scene rather than whatever political implications you want to read into

go laugh at a man's head or something

Ah, maybe it is just about the overlap in interests then - the whole "politics as horror and vice versa" aesthetic that they both bring is relevant to my interests, but I feel like Jack's style makes the fear and disgust involved with certain things (Grenfell for instance) more impactful. There's a sort of "righteous anger" there that could easily slide into sanctimony, I guess - Phil's "Capitalist Pig" has a touch of that too, really enjoyed that one.

Yeah don't worry I'm not saying Phil is humble or anything, I find him overly sanctimonious too. Just my style.

Yeah, gimme a min and ill put it on in the cws

TWICE UPON A TIME STARTING A STREAM IN CASUALWHOSTREAM!

if you dont know how to get there then I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Colour scheme doesn't really work with Time War body.

will we ever get the five ish doctors sequel?

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name. Also, if you write in Shit Trips 2.5, Doctor Who will crash her TARDIS into you house, and sing you a Yorkshire lullaby.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd

Chibnall is already planning one for the 60th anniversary.

staring kris marshall

its crazy how good five ish doctors actually feels like a classic who episode, its so campy and fun

Companions names that are suited to a Doctor's accent are such a wholesome delight.
>"Rows Tah-luh"
>"DAW-NAAAAHH"
>the timeless "Clala"
The name "Graham" delivered by Jodie has potential too.

>Graam

"Oh, Eece, you don't underrrrstand"

Is Jenna good as Queen Victoria? I'm thinking of buying the boxset for Mom.

Honestly I didn't even realize for a long time that the clala meme was related to Capaldi's accent.

What do I need to listen to before getting to A Death in the Family?

Is there a case for right-wing, capitalist critique of Doctor ?

Doctor Who is dead.

Doctor Who is dead.

she's great in victoria.

long live doctor who

youtube.com/watch?v=njUYo-bx9yk
>do you have any advice for jodie?
>I will tell jodie what I told to peter - "listen to no one"
>"listen to no one"

what did he mean by this?

Nobody No-One

Reposting my list of recommendations from the start of the MR to ADITF
>The Marian Conspiracy (introduces a new Sixth Doctor companion)
>Project: Twilight (Forge arc starts)
>Jubilee (not related to the arc, but it's GOAT)
>Doctor Who and the Pirates (great anf useful for character development, but can be skipped)
>Project: Lazarus (needed, kind of a multi-doctor story)
>Arrangements for War (needed)
>The Harvest (new Seventh Doctor companion)
>Thicker than Water (needed)
>The Settling (again, good for character development, but can be skipped)
>No Man's Land (tangentially related)
>Forty-Five (four short stories, only the last is essential)
>The Magic Mousetrap (skippable but it's very good)
>The Enemy of the Daleks (can be skipped, but leads into the next story)
>The Angel of Scutari (needed)
>Project: Destiny (Forge arc is over)
>A Death in the Family

He's referring to people slagging them off and throwing shit at them, especially before they've even formally taken the part.

In the past, Matt has said that people who met him on the streets were telling him to not "break" the show, and Moff has also said that Matt was punching his pillow in frustration in bed every night because he thought people would hate him,

He hated Listen.

Who didn't?

Most people?

>alright everyone the lamestream legacy daleks are invading again
>clanks sonic screwdriver
>thats about all, peace out

>all the monster need was love
wow so emotional and completely original

m8 are you confusing Listen with another episode?

Wow how the fuck does someone watch Listen and conclude that this is what the episode is saying?

I thought tardisposting was anti-jodie?

they're anti kino, so yeah.

You've got to admit, that user has a point. And I have to go out on a limb and say that Heaven Sent's anti-racism message was trite and uninspired.

MEL IS UNDERRATED
MEL IS UNDERRATED
MEL IS UNDERRATED

kek

t. Melanon

Yes, I was thinking about Hide. But I don't like listen either

okay

epic thread

gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254030

>implying I have a GB account

Nobody should write scripts for female doctor. Such a thing should not exist.

why did you cross the name out when you linked the thread anyway?

force of habit

Why is GB run stricter than a dictatorship?
Based

>Although there were reports of Daleks appearing in Episode One (akin to Power) someone who owns a scrapyard said the first episode was being filmed in said a prop fence was put up "which an energy creature burns through"
Thoughts? Sounds like a really generic and boring alien

Fuck you all

n-no u

n-no /who/