Why was Anthony Mackie allowed to diss the MCU?

Why was Anthony Mackie allowed to diss the MCU?

youtube.com/watch?v=oj8JK6c5x3M

I agree with him but why is he still contracted to the MCU if he feels this way?

he's a nigger that's why

Based. I can't wait for Hollywood to burn.

It didn't seem disrespectful, he's just self aware, or as self aware as one can be for a negro.

based. told my friend to fuck off cause i was gonna watch blade runner 2049 at home

Curious how he pretty much says what weve been saying for a long time,how wonder how many more people in hollywood feel the same way

>tfw you don't have black privilege and can't openly bash the jews

>movies are made for 16 years old and China.

MARVEL BTFO

Actors know. I'm pretty sure everyone on the filmmaking side of Hollywood knows.

It's what makes money and keeps them in work these days, so it's either they submit to how Hollywood has become or they don't get the bigger roles / bigger paychecks.

The only people oblivious to how Hollywood is run now, is the target market. Which like he said, is teens and China.

my nigga

He's right. Marvel has ruined cinema. They made it like a TV show. You go see them out of habit.

Fucking hell this made me appreciate Mackie a great deal more. He's actually self aware.

Holy shit.
Is he, dare I say it, a /based black man/?

He raises several interesting points:

Why go to a movie when the movie is just a brand being advertised in front of you? (Like MCU is, ironically enough)

And why go to the movies when you can be at home, have a much more comfortable experience for cheaper?

Hollywood needs to going to the cinemas worthwhile again. I think Nolan tried to make that with Dunkirk being very much a cinema experience.

Is he doing a stand-up?

He's not so much shitting on it as being honest and calling it what it is. Mark Hamill said similar things about the sequel trilogy.

focusing and making something fit for the Chinese market isn't bad, they pay money and it's an actual concise demographic you can create something for.

what do you do to create a movie for a "European" or a "American" market, you can't do it, there is nothing solid there, it's like trying to sell your brand of candy to a room full of people who have diametrically different tastes, you're lucky if you'd break even, what with the R&D of the candy and all the advertisement for the candy only managed so much, you have to make the money back

there is no constant, there is no commons in Europe or America, how can you sell a universal product, you can't unless you make it basal.

That’s Chappell nigga

>what do you do to create a movie for a "European" or a "American" market, you can't do it,
Well his point is, stop thinking in brands and just focus on making good films. While you will take some short-term losses here and there, it will be what's best for cinema in the long run. Every studio wants their billion dollar franchise now. And it's honestly ruining a great deal of franchises from being their own things. Now everything needs to be Marvel because that's what's "in" right now. Even though it's damaging film as a whole.

If you see a movie for an actor, then that actor is obviously not doing a good job - because you are'nt seeing it for a portrayal of a character. You are seeing it solely because of the actor, not the performance.

Good movies are where you forget it's an actor playing a role and start thinking of them as a character.

MCU tricks you into thinking that because it hides the actor under a costume a majority of the time. It's never Tony Stark, it's Iron Man. It's never Steve Rodgers, It's Captain America.

You are never made to think of the characters as human, always as a Superhero which helps to prevent you thinking it is an actor playing the role.

I guess he gets killed.

>If you see a movie for an actor, then that actor is obviously not doing a good job - because you are'nt seeing it for a portrayal of a character. You are seeing it solely because of the actor, not the performance.
This is kind of true for the action heroes he named and other kinds of typecast actors, but there's still actors that pull viewers because people know their talent will result in a good performance.

You do realize that Robert Downey Junior is pretty much singlehandedly responsible for the popularity of the MCU right? That actor has carried the superhero and the whole universe into new heights.

>just make good movies, lmao

Lol he has the confidence to say this cos he knows he’s dying in infinity war

Fpbp

Go read Pascal's leaked mails and tell me their intentions were to make a good movie or to make a movie to coast off Internet memes.

My dog is German
My coffee is Colombian
My IT is Indian
My car is English
My food is Italian
My TV is Japanese
My diamonds are South African
My licorice is Australian
My computer is Chinese
My wine is French
And I am an American.

Why can't Sup Forums just accept that multiculturalism and globalisation benefits everyone in the entire world, including third world countries

>caring even remotely about capeshit

>I think Nolan tried to make that with Dunkirk being very much a cinema experience.
It was. So was Interstellar. And I didn't particularly like the two too much, but I enjoyed the experience.

I see maybe 2 movies at the movie theater, and only the ones I think will benefit from the big screen, such as Pacific Rim or Lord of the Rings.

B A I T
A
I
T

This literally has nothing to do with what Mackie said.

It’s more to do with capitalism.

These films aren’t trying to provide any instrinsic value to the Chinese other than thin, cookie cutter, assembly line films that they know they’ll buy.

>My dog is German
>not Icelandic or Norwegian
>My coffee is Colombian
>not Mexican
>My IT is Indian
>not Eastern European
>My car is English
>not German
>My food is Italian
>not Asian
>My TV is Japanese
>not Korean
>My diamonds are South African
>not Congolese
>My licorice is Australian
>not Danish
>My computer is Chinese
>not Taiwanese
>My wine is French
>not Italian
>And I am an American.
Clearly.

That’s called trade you fucking nigger. Go back to Africa and mine me more diamonds faggot.

I watched the clip. He wasn't dissing the MCU, he was dissing the movie industry. Hell, if there was anything he was dissing, it was FUCKING remakes.

That alone makes him based. You're just bananas.

Anthony Mackie is who Will Smith thinks he is.

He's also not being disrespectful towards Marvel at all. Nothing he says apart from the RT stuff applies to the MCU, and you'll all agree that it still applies to stuff you don't like, like Ghostbusters.

Also, theatres are dirty, impersonal and too fucking expensive. You can have all the setup he describes for the magnitude of $1000/$2000 bucks (nice tv, nice couch), and the ROI comes back to you in a couple of years.

Plus, the good, intimate movies (proper dramas, noir stuff) are much better watched in an intimate room, preferably with nice company, as opposed to a cheese-smelling, kid crying, teenage talking room.

>it's like trying to sell your brand of candy to a room full of people who have diametrically different tastes
The same top selling candy bars have been around for like 70-100 years. It's the shit they create in a focus group that comes and goes every few years.

Because nobody cares about the falcon or birdener or whatever lame ass name his side-side-character has. Hes literally the flunkey of the non-powered flunkies in the marvel movies. Hes even more useless and irrelevant than hawkeye.

He shat on Rotten Tomatoes audience which is exactly what Marvel shills pull to get you to watch their latest rehash.

>No it's not
>Maybe
>The labor is, not the IT
>No it's not, if it is, you made a mistake
>No it isn't. If you think it is, travel more
>In what fucking world are you buying a Sony and not Worst Korea made?
>Like you have a reason for a diamond, virgin. American lab grown are superior.
>Licorice is ass
>Taiwan makes the choosers, retard
>French wine is objectively garbage and New World wines are objectively better
>You're probably Canadian considering how dumb you are.

>absolutely based black man dropping truth bombs
>goes and continues to work for the death of his craft
BRAVO MACK

Based loner badass user.

Funny cuz Mackie is a wannabe will Smith in every interview. It's an embarrassment

>powerlevels having any relevance in scripted films

>I like characters based soley on how strong they are

You have to be +18 to post here

>that spacing
I'm a nigger, and even I know you need to finback.

This guys a gangster? His real name is Clarence!

And Falcons parents have a really good marriage

Mackie getting his oldfag on

ONE OF US
N
E

O
F

U
S

>Steel Magnolias
>Don't remake that with a bunch 21 year old girls
>I mean..pssh they're girls
>Room (probably comicon so it's a soything party) is dead quiet
GOTDAMN

Money wins over principles every time and if you could earn millions dressing up as a metal pigeon for 5 minutes of screen time you would do it in a heartbeat, one actor quitting wont save the craft as you so dramatically put it.

Lol he’s Redpill as fuck.

Oh for sure, my same thought. Infinity War will be his last movie and he knows he won't be coming back alive.

He's right though. Many people have said similar things on the state of the movie industry.

>My computer is Chinese
Your computer parts can only be assembled in China, they're not made there. The most important part (the CPU) is almost always US made since Intel has only 1 manufacturing location in China just like AMD.

They all die in Infinity War though.

I'll bet somehow that isn't the case in MCU.

Even being in the MCU he's not responsible for any of the things he criticizes though. It's all the fault of audiences that don't pay to see big budget art movies any more.

They're making two infinity wars btw.

There's a part 2. Marvel's thirst for money knows no bounds.

>audiences that don't pay to see big budget art movies any more
these movie very rarely ever made much money and were never big budget

That's not really a surprise at all, it's the "finale" (it probably isn't) and that's been the trend for a while, not just Marvel's doing. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Twilight come to mind with that. I think the biggest offender of this is The Hobbit trilogy, a short book made into 3 excruciating movies.

Well he is 100% right about the whole movie industry.

>The most important part (the CPU) is almost always US made since Intel has only 1 manufacturing location in China just like AMD.

And both Nvidia and AMD make graphic cards in TSCM in taiwan, the biggest foundry in the world.

He's not really saying anything we don't know. In fact, I don't think I've seen any actors/filmmakers who actually are truly in favour of the current Hollywood system.

It's what pays. And they can't be criticised for making money in such a fickle, uncertain industry.

>i should go see this moobie
>when they havent even seen the moobie?!???

Brilliant

>in a capeshit thread
>commenting about people caring about capeshit

I detest capeshit and have 'MCU' filtered. Good thing I had 'diss,' 'disrespect' and variations on autopin I wouldn't have known Mackie was redpilling 16 year olds two months ago. I wonder what the general /capeshit/ reaction was back then..

Selling movies as a brand is what leads to Fox being gobbled up by Disney. Everyone in HW hopes their team is the one that survives, but eventually everything will be consolidated.

Was he this upsettey about last jedi? Hes right about no one going to see movies for actors. Although it seems like people were genuinely excited to see mark hamill return.

Isn't Goose sort of a Movie Star or is it just for Sup Forums?

He's kino. He's yet to do capeshit.

He’s gonna be MCU gambit

You forgot

>my wife’s son is black