What went wrong?

Is this a thread about comics or a thread about what the nurses said when you were born?

Terrigen mist

Alex Ross is a shit writer/ideas man and needs someone REALLY good to turn his nostalgia-fueled shit into anything sensible.

They made sequels.

Literally only this.

>if it were made today everybody would hate it

really makes you think

hehe

That 616 is slowly turning into it.

No really.

It's not, they just lifted a few ideas from it.

nothing. Earth X is a great book. I like pairing it with Marvels

Wat ideas

>Terrigen cloud
>Goblin rules America
>Storm marries Panther
>Whor

Probably not many more.

I see no evidence of any wrongdoing. Hereby dropping all charges against the defendant.

Alex Ross

Universe X had some nice parts. Captain America's death in it is one of my favorite comic book deaths. Paradise X was just a mess though.

>killed by a bunch of hillbillies in the middle of nowhere

You liked that? The only nice part was the switcheroo he pulled.

It had sequels.

Franklin-Galactus and Madame Hydra. Whor actually came from Dan Jurgens Thor. Aaron is just ripping off Jurgens, so Gorr=Desak, Jarnbjorn=Bloodaxe, Whor=Tarene, armless one-eyed King Thor=armless one-eyed King Thor

>MINE EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY
I cried.
Spidey special was awesome too.

don't forget the celestial at the center of earth

>T-Bomb created by Maximus but actually set off by Black Bolt, covers the world in Terrigen Mist which turns humans into inhumans and replaces mutants with inhumanity
>Uatu has his eyes ripped out and is then killed
>Celestial at the core of the Earth
>Carol becoming Captain Marvel
>Squid-faced Madame Hydra
>StormxT'Challa
>Osborn gains political power
>Franklin destined to become Galactus
>Female Thor
>Asgardians are beings affected by perception and narrative with Loki being the only one aware of this and actively trying to circumvent the "role" that was chosen for him
Mind you, most of this stuff was only temporary. Dark Reign is over, Storm and T'Challa are divorced, Squid-Faced Madame Hydra stopped being a thing after Secret Warriors, the Terrigen Mists are gone, etc.

But it's unlikely that we've seen the last of "pull idea from Earth-X."

Oh also
>Red Skull is the most powerful telepath in the world

Is this a thing now on 616? I haven't read a lot in recent times. Do they solve it?

I agree. I personally treat the Earth-X trilogy as:
>Marvels
>Marvels: Eye of the Camera
>Earth-X
And just pretend all the books after X never happened.

That way you see how it begins (Marvels for Golden/Silver Age), how it started to become darker (EotC for Bronze Age), then jumps forward to see where the path leads and how it all ends. There's some nice parallels between Phil's desires for the world and how it all ends.

And Loeb ripped the whole Wolverine storyline, just changed Moon Boy into some stupid OC.

it was some years ago back in Hickman's Fantastic Four or FF IIRC. I honestly don't remember what came of it but it garnered quite the hullabaloo at the time

It's been a thing since Hickman's SHIELD. There's nothing to really solve. The Celestial won't be born for millions of years so it's kind of a non-issue. That said, we don't know if the Celestial is still there post-Secret Wars. Reed may have remade the multiverse, but he wasn't strong enough to recreate the Celestials that were killed by the Beyonders so it's possible that he wasn't strong enough to recreate the celestial fetus either.

This. Earth X was good enough for a single read. Wouldn't pirate it a second time though.

Yeah...

I'll just keep pretending Earth X is the canon future for the MU.

I've reread Earth-X plenty of times and it still holds up. The problem is Universe-X and Paradise-X which are both fucking trash.

You probably bought it, so your opinion falls under the sunken cost fallacy.

At this point, things have diverged too much for that to be possible. Mainly because so many things that happened in Earth-X have no happened in 616 but have been circumvented. Like the T-Bomb. We're currently in the "The Royals fucked off to space" phase of that arc from Earth-X, but the mists have already been destroyed and it's Maximus, not Blackagar, that's with them in space. Also Luna already went through the mists and has her powers.

Uatu was killed by Nick Fury, not Black Bolt.

>At this point, things have diverged too much for that to be possible

Oh yeah, I just don't care. It's my ending.