What is your favorite BTAS episode? Mine is pic related

What is your favorite BTAS episode? Mine is pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4BZbbG0XGhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=og_9jWFEDkc
youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE
youtube.com/watch?v=e0_eX1rdjNA
youtube.com/watch?v=NVh91TNqGUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heart of Ice.

The one where Penguin tries to become reformed and goes to the opera

>Please, Oswald, if it's money you want I can get you more!
>Shut up! All I wanted from you, deary, was a little friendship. That would have cost you nothing, but now you'll pay!

>Villain honestly tries to reform but the world screws him over and he snaps, going back into villainy even though he's still conflicted
I love shit like this.

I have to say mine's the one where he is put into a dreamworld by Scarecrow where he isn't Batman.

That was Mad Hatter.

None of them, watch this instead.

Yeah I'll pass on that garbage. Don't ever post it again my man

The Laughing Fish

I'm not your man.

also t. Guardian

it wasn't bad desu, just tried a little too hard to be edgy. it had a hard time differentiating itself from btas.

desu i dont think some of the kids on here really realize just how damn good btas was in comparison to like 90% of all other kids' cartoons back in the day

yall are really fuckn lucky, imo btas is pretty much responsible for all the good cartoons of the 90s

Hey, you are that only fan of The Batman in existence who's been shitposting in all other Batman cartoons threads!

Trips confirm.

(OP) #
I'm not sure what my favorite is, but this is one of them, along with Joker's Millions. The Maxie Zeus intro episode was kino too.

#
I don't like this new b8.

This. It's also my favorite episode.
I loved the decision to draw comparisons between Penguin and Pagliacci and expand on the ideas presented in Batman Returns, while staying true to the notion that Oswald's biggest problem is himself. And thank god they gave Paul Williams the chance to show off his range like that.

Penguin is my favorite Batman villain and while I adore the TAS version I thought he was underutilized in the series, with most of his appearences being either cameos or in episodes that could have used any other Batman villain (and he had the misfortune of debuting in one of the worst episodes).

This was the first and only Penguin episode that was about Penguin, starred Penguin and could only work with Penguin.

>But for now, let me take my son home.

Muh nigga

I think the idea of Batman meeting a childhood idol and helping him turn his life around is great, but making Gray Ghost a combination of The Shadow with Adam West's Batman is what sold me on this episode completely.
I admire just how much the people behind TAS respected the Batman property

I've got Batman in my basement

Harley's Holiday. Easily one of the best and most entertaining Harley stories of all time.

T B H
I still think the Joker of this show was pretty good. He had a pretty great voice, some good moments and he started to become much better once they got rid of that stupid straightjacket and focused less on the monkey kung fu parts. If DC ever gets desperate enough to reinvent Joker as a black man I'd rather have them use this as a source.
And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like The Batman as a whole. But some of it's ideas were neat.

>Batman. To never again walk on a summer's day with the hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I'd kill for that!

I wish Harley had been born and died with TAS. Just left alone to that one continuity.

Feat of Clay. BTAS has great music all around, but FoC is just stellar. Then you have the animation, sound design, characters...

A 10/10

Perchance to Dream is GOAT tier.
>I would've given you the world if you'd have just stayed out of mine

Jokers favor.
youtu.be/4BZbbG0XGhQ

The Batman's Harley is a million times better tho.

No Harley is better than BTAS Harley.

You are a silly man.

Explain.

I loved seeing the joker fuck with someone who wasn't Batman

The ONE time Harleen Quinzel was attractive, not just Harley Quinn.

This one is a personal favorite.

Unrelated, but is there a list of the Good episodes?

I tried to watch it a couple years ago, but after watching the first three episodes I stopped because I wasn't enjoying it that much.

>Batman keeps it non-complex to drag away the attention of the other villains
>Story was short to get where Catwoman is
>Batman plays up how others see him

>joker robs a bank
>3 police cars arrive to check the situation

>joker plays poker
>40 armed cops show up to stop him

the hell

/thread

My two favorite have to be The Demons Quest (part 1) and Day Of the Samurai

After a while they learn the only way to respond to joker was overwhelming force I guess

I never really under stood what Penguin was good at, like is he a mob boss or a master mind?

Keep in mind Ivy, Two Face and Penguin were also there.

Yes.

"The Forgotten" maybe not my favourite, but I feel it gets overlooked because there's not much of batmaning in it. Probably still in my top 5. I really like the atmosphere. Did I mention the fantastic music? No? It's fenomenal.

youtube.com/watch?v=og_9jWFEDkc

Even better, for the Joker to see Batman laugh in front of him, but because of another person.

Depends on the incarnation. Recently, they've played up the mob boss aspect but for the most part Penguin was a criminal mastermind. His expertise is planning meticulous schemes that can't be traced back to him, manipulating public affairs and attacking Batman's weaknesses.
Sometimes he's a petty thief with a weird psychic connection to birds. Other times he's a megalomaniacal madman with tons of robots and contraptions on his side. He tends to be most threatening when he's a crooked businessman capable of pulling off crimes within the law and who controls the city's criminal element. Sometimes he'll do something as petty and simple as take revenge on a childhood bully or just free the birds from the Gotham Zoo, and other times he'll attempt genocide on Gotham using a robotic bird army.
That's generally one of the Penguin's appeals. His crimes tend to be more cerebral and manipulative. He doesn't attack Batman so as much as he cheats and turns the odds in his favor in ways that Batman is not accostumed to deal with.

youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE
youtube.com/watch?v=e0_eX1rdjNA
youtube.com/watch?v=NVh91TNqGUI

nice edit, here's the actual title card

I watched this all the time as a kid but I hardly remember any of it, is it worth going back and watching it again?

that's my favorite too

I think Feat of Clay is probably the show's overall best episode

>I never really under stood what Penguin was good at, like is he a mob boss or a master mind?

DCAU Penguin is a little of column A, a little of column B.

Dreams in Darkness, even though pic related gave me nightmares as a kid.

It's a good episode, but I will never not be bothered by the fact he defeats Freeze with a can of soup.

The only time Ra's was a decent person in BTAS.

babydoll

This has always been one of my favorite episode titles for anything

>This is how it ends, Joker.No big schemes. No grand fight to the finish with the Dark Knight. Tomorrow, all the papers will say is that the great Joker was found blown to bits in an alley alongside a miserable little nobody. Kind of funny. Ironic, really.

>See, I can destroy a man's dreams too. And that's really the only dream you've got, isn't it?

I love that one so much.

BATMAN!

Why did they drop the title cards in the later seasons?

this, Joker's Favor is amazing

I miss when Joker could suffer these kinds of humiliations because he wasn't an invincible "embodiment of chaos" and whatnot

The equivalent could be said of Batman himself.

i remember threads where people said that beyond was "more dark" than BTAS

i like to remind them of this episode

The Batman was decent until Batgirl took center stage for an entire season

Which episode is this?

>not liking best character
shit taste tbqfh

Awww... I went and saved the image and everything, then you had to go and post first.

From now on, I am calling my asshole the Batcave

Two of a Kind was another amazing take on that. Not really a BTAS episode but the comic was based on the show. Barely any Batman in it at all but it's probably my favorite thing done across any Batman media.

So when you ask your boyfriend to fuck you will you tell him "Quickly, to the batcave!"

I always liked Joker's Millions.

Scarecrow was the only TNBA redesign that actually improved the character

Oh yeah. Such a great, sci-fi pulp-ish episode. Still sticks with me, even today.

Honestly loved this one too

The New Batman Adventures: "Growing Pains"

"Growing Pains" from The New Batman Adventures.

Probably my pick.

Second favorite.

Third would be the Rah's Al Ghul 2 parter. I loved the scale of it compared to the rest of the series. Before I saw Phantasm it felt almost like "The Movie."

Almost got em is better

At least he reforms again later and ends up with a fucking awesome night club.

I wish they could reassemble the original BTAS cast and crew and do new episodes on Netflix or some other channel that would let them do the original style but without the kid-content limitations.

If we're counting New Adventures, then it's definitely "Over The Edge."
>A realistic depiction of how south Batman's outings could go
>Explores the limits of Gordon and Bruce's relationship
>Allows all of the characters to feel important to the story's tension
>The DCAU for the only time ever does Bane justice

Is there another character as thoroughly overexposed, ruined, whored and made overrated as Harley Quinn? She is constantly being forced into the spot light even though she has no business being in the thing she is in.

I wonder why they never did an episode with Penguin or Riddler's backstory.
I can see why they wouldn't do it for Joker but why didn't they do it for them ?

>>The DCAU for the only time ever does Bane justice

... but what could I expect from a killer of children?

What do you mean exactly with backstory? Their past? Because we saw how The Riddler came to be in his introductory episode. I was surprised it was a Season 2 episode, since I figured he'd have been introduced earlier. The Riddler has always been my favorite Batman villain.

I know it was all a nightmare, but my problem with the episode was how illogical everyone was being. Batman didn't kill Batgirl, the Scarecrow did, but everyone acts like Batman personally murdered her. Gotham Police Department then proceeds to crack the Batman code and nearly take down Batman overnight, when they aren't able to do much of anything to protect Gotham and stop any of the villains. I will never believe Gotham Police Department could take down anyone, let alone the guy who takes down all the guys they have no chance against.

The BTAS writers have said the Riddler was the hardest villain to write because his motive was outsmarting others rather than vengeance or destruction, and it was difficult to come up with good riddles/puzzles/traps. It's why he doesn't appear in the show very much despite being one of Batman's top villains.

It wasn't a nightmare, it was a hallucination Barbara was having induced by Scarecrow's fear gas. It's not supposed to be realistic or make sense, it's Barbara's worst fears realized: failing Batman, breaking her father's heart, a war between her father and Batman leading to both of their deaths.

It's why she realizes she needs to come clean with her father and does so at the end.

It seems I was remembering somewhat incorrectly. I think I may have been crossing wires with the episode where Batman was fear gassed by Scarecrow and ended up in Arkham.

They did make an episode for Riddler's backstory. His introductory episode. The writers said he didn't appear much in the show because he was hard to write.
About Penguin, the TAS crew had a policy when it came to Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman that they wouldn't do episodes concerning their backstories since they were the most popular Batman villains and most people knew about them already, and since the Burton movies had just come out they were probably asked to not use backstories to avoid confusing normies.
Pic related is from the Writer's Bible for Batman TAS, and it seems like with the Penguin they wanted to use a backstory and characterization that was closer to the comics, thus involving Oswald's mother, the pet store and his backstory, as well as his original design. Since Batman Returns and the DeVito Penguin had come out, they changed it to reflect that and seldom ever touched on Penguin's backstory apart from Birds Of A Feather and his appearences in the comics

I never liked what TNBA did to the Penguin.

Man, they just really nailed the Gothic horror vibe with this show. Just mmmmm.

>I'm not real.

Aaaaaand childhood existential crisis is go.

I'm glad they didn't try to do this origin. It's kind of dumb, and I never liked the "near-psychic affinity for birds" depictions of Penguin. I like him as just a weird-looking gangster who fancies himself a gentleman and has eccentricities like keeping a lot of birds as pets.

Clock King was one of my favorite episodes. It really plays with the whole "one bad day" concept we've seen with other Batman stories, but in a more amusing way.

I also love the idea of a guy getting the upper hand on Batman just by being OCD as fuck.